Author Topic: Fine tuning the rule regarding slurs  (Read 2515 times)

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
Re: Fine tuning the rule regarding slurs
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2015, 03:58:05 AM »
Pthalocy, I know you're trying to do something good here, but all this has accomplished so far is stirring things up again.  The consensus you seem to be looking for is simply not going to happen.

If you think the banned words feature of smf would be better received than the more direct and active action by mods, feel free to give it a try.
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire
I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems. -Nighthawk
The the giant wasp is slammed through the zombie brute!

Offline Pthalocy

• Global Moderator
  • Survivor
  • Babyfaced forum Janitor
    • View Profile
Re: Fine tuning the rule regarding slurs
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2015, 04:20:23 AM »
Would have preferred that'd been voiced before I made that temp rule, which for all I know, may wind up staying the rule for as long as we disagree. No matter. I'm not going to completely censor fictional works, but I'm not about to totally disregard your stance on it either. This seemed the best compromise.

That's pretty much the majority of any actions I intended to take anyway. If you believe what I am doing is truly not in the forum's benefit, I'll hand in my mod badge.

Anyway, pretending the problem doesn't exist tends to just leave it festering, so I'm not leaving the fiction forum up in the air with 'no rules written' as the official stance. That helps no one. Yeah, I'm stirring things up a bit. It's like venting personal frustration: it hurts a little to do now, but it means you don't explode in someone's face later. I'm not asking you to suddenly start taking action in the fiction sections of the forums just because there's a rule about it suddenly. If you don't want to moderate that part, I'm content to look over new topics there.  End of the day, you contribute a lot to the game's code and I do not. I've got more time to spend on forum-reading.

I just want to make sure nobody's getting kicked for actions that another mod has passed by as acceptable.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 05:06:08 AM by Pthalocy »
Quote from: Rivet
We accept him, we accept him. One of us, one of us. Gooble gobble, gooble gobble.