I want some more tactical armor!
1 (7.7%)
Bows. Just bows.
1 (7.7%)
I want more things to kill! (mobs)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: April 18, 2016, 01:20:33 AM

Author Topic: Artyom's Gun Emporium (Update 2 Hotfix 1) Holy shit.  (Read 54232 times)

Offline Artyom177

• Survivor
  • With duct tape, anything is possible.
    • View Profile
Re: Artyom's Gun Emporium
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2015, 03:30:48 AM »
Yeah... I'm using an earlier version of the Experimental versions because i'm too lazy to port my 31+ day survivor to a new version. But about AKs problem, just download the ex version and you should be good :)... If I fucked up on the Ex version, that's my bad...
Zombies, Demons, Chicken flavored robots...

What could go wrong?

Offline Artyom177

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2015, 03:39:43 AM »
And for people finding the .700NX shotgun god gun, It's real. Just not the .700nx part...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TP-82

I decided that we need for "Boom" when killing zombies... And decided fuck with realism, lets put a 700NX round meant to kill a rhino or Xeno, and put it into a pistol... Along with a 12 gauge shotgun shell because why not?

And the Open action revolver is also real,

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1660182_Unique_handmade_andamp_quot_auto_revolverandamp_quot__at_Rock_Island_Auction.htm

They are both really cool guns that people should totally know about. Especially that Revolver... Thing looks bad ass!

What could go wrong?

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2015, 03:53:37 AM »
Yeah... I'm using an earlier version of the Experimental versions because i'm too lazy to port my 31+ day survivor to a new version. But about AKs problem, just download the ex version and you should be good :)... If I fucked up on the Ex version, that's my bad...

Ah right. Maybe I should grab that, test it out, and if you haven't PR'd it yet I could for you. PR madness on my end has died down a little, though if this keeps up I'll be needing to add a tileset update again. >w<

Offline Malkeus

• Survivor
  • Master Necroposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2015, 07:15:19 AM »
First off, great work, I love MOAR content and appreciate the effort that goes into something like this. Lets make it perfect!

Just downloaded the EX version, has a missing seperator. Line 15:18, ["ithacam37", 5] -as mentioned above my AK-74

and

theres an extra comma at the very end of art_weapons.json that gets some pink text as well.

Offline Artyom177

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2015, 02:50:40 AM »
Alrighty then Malkeus, I messed up twice on uploading the mod... Hopefully that doesn't happen again. Third times a charm right?

Just download it again and it should be good :)

What could go wrong?

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2015, 04:31:25 PM »
Maximum derp. See? I keep pestering everybody for ammo type overlap so we can get past this silliness involving .38s amnd such. <3

Offline Malkeus

• Survivor
  • Master Necroposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2015, 08:17:41 AM »
Looking good Artyom. If some nit-picky ammo stuff is all thats wrong, its ok by me (me being a representative of the clueless-about-guns public). Gun goes boom, zombie falls down, me happy. Thanks for the update :)

Offline Artyom177

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2015, 03:45:52 AM »
So about the ammo, the SAA does use the famous .357, but I went with .38 because I didn't want it to overlap with the main game. Which happened with the 9x18. So I said fuck it and went with that, now if they don't make .357 in the base game by Version D; I will put it into the mod. When version D comes out, so does the next update on the mod. For now just enjoy the quirkiness of Artyom's Gun Emporium in all of it's Gun-nut glory.

Which is soon to be renamed...

Hint for the next update :)

What could go wrong?

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2015, 03:52:11 AM »
But then we'd be able to load dinky .38 guns with .357 Magnum. It's already dumb enough that a M1911 can chamber .45 Super, or that a .40 Glock can handle 10mm.

Offline Shopkeeper

• Survivor
  • Boy, have I got a deal for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2015, 04:17:42 AM »
I get that the 10mm is longer then .40 S&W and thus can't feed into the latter. But isn't the .45 Super cartridge dimensionally identical to .45 ACP, it just has more gunpowder/higher internal pressures?

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2015, 04:20:52 AM »
Hmm. Has anyone here been stupid enough to try that? X3

Offline Shopkeeper

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2015, 04:50:13 AM »
What feeding .40 S&W into something designed for 10mm? I don't know all that much abour firearms, but I feel like that would end incredibly badly... Research says a quality M1911 should take the .45 Super without issue though.

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2015, 05:08:44 AM »
The latter point, .45 Super in a .45 ACP gun, is what I was asking about. I could already guess that .40 S&W and 10mm Auto would be even less compatible. XP

Offline Shopkeeper

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2015, 05:20:57 AM »
Internet Enlightenment!
The second problem facing the .45 ACP and the weapons originally designed to fire it, is the lack of support in the barrel for the case head. This is acceptable, for the lower pressure .45 ACP rounds, but attempting to fire a .45 Super round out of an unmodified .45 ACP weapon can cause the .45 Super shell casing to bulge, and then burst, causing catastrophic failure in the firearm. In other words, weapons blowing up are bad, don't do it.
Okay, so you'd defintely want a stronger aftermarket barrel designed to cope with the increased pressure.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 05:27:01 AM by Shopkeeper »

Offline Agoelia

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2015, 06:23:35 PM »
Good work Artyom! Nice mod!

I see the CZ 83 is a 9x18mm pistol. But here ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CZ-83 ) it says that the CZ 82 is a 32. ACP gun, and the CZ 83 is just a civilian version of the 82. Did they change the caliber from the military version to the civilian? Or is it an error of yours?

The PPSh-41 has a magazine of 35 rounds, which is the standard one. But, being a nostalgic pampered teen, I remember from allo those WWII first person shooters made between 2000 and 2005 the version with the 71 round magazine. Could you add both version? Standard and round magazine? Like you did for the Tec-22.

The Bizon in your mod shoots the 9x19mm, but that's not the original bizon, it's the Bizon 2-01. The first version shoots the 9x18 Makarov (which is also already in-game). Another version you might be interested in is the 2-07, which shoots the 7.62x25 (this caliber as well already in game), but it might be redundant having 3 different versions of the same gun shooting 3 different calibers.
This game ruined my sleep routine.