Poll

What would you like me to focus on in this mod?

Additions: More weapons, Tools , Armor, etc.
17 (19.1%)
Alternatives and Overrides: Make alternatives and changes to the core game. (recipes, weapons, items, scenarios, monsters, etc.)
8 (9%)
Professions and Scenarios: Make more/work on custom professions/scenarios.
6 (6.7%)
Buildings and terrain: More places to explore/work on the existing ones.
16 (18%)
NPCs/Lore: Work on Factions, NPC dialogue, in game notes.
40 (44.9%)
Monsters: More monsters/work on the existing ones.
2 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Author Topic: Cataclysm++ Mod  (Read 81428 times)

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm++ Mod
« Reply #570 on: April 29, 2017, 06:16:26 PM »
Having fought two of them now (And having a little peek at the code) I've noticed that the super juggernauts only have light military armor, which seems against the idea of a juggernaut. I'd expect them to have at least heavy military armor, or even heavy power armor. Also, their description says they wield an LMG, presumably the laser LMG I currently forget the name of. Instead, they have a fusion blaster rifle, making it nearly impossible to survive combat with them without very high end gear, or a long range weapon and plenty of early warning. Considering they spawn in town, that's kind of ridiculous...
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, the fusion blaster for an enemy that spawns in town is a little ridiculous and the LMG would fit better. That should be a simple enough fix.
May mother Venus guide us all!

...Noctifer's incredibly loot bloated Survivor Emcampments™...

Offline darktoes

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: April 30, 2017, 08:03:54 AM »
I've also noticed, having just taken down a super soldier and super scout, that the laser carbine and sniper rifle both have some mods added by default, scopes, laser sights, a bipod on the sniper, etc. They also can't be removed, which is annoying since I'd like to take the scope and bipod off of the sniper. I noticed the description says the holo sight on the carbine is fixed, which I understand, but I wonder why the scope on the sniper doesn't come off, or atleast have an extra sight or underbarrel slot.
Also, the laser sniper rifle has a single mechanism slot, which seems odd.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 10:30:43 AM by darktoes »

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 01, 2017, 06:35:15 PM »
I have just updated the onedrive link with a hotfix + experimental content. The fix is about nameless NPCs. Github and launcher versions are still behind so at the moment the onedrive link is way to download.

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 16, 2017, 10:21:44 PM »
Ne update up and running both in the onedrive link and in github as a release! New stuff was added and rebalance.

I tried to make some new additions like a light-saber-esq ups sword but there is now way to define it to use UPS. I also tried to make an underbarrel chainsaw but the end result created an overpowered flamethrower instead...

Thank you to those who have contributed their PRs!
From spell checking to new content they are all welcome and appreciated!

Offline MorCel 374

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 28, 2017, 02:00:18 PM »
Hello! Awesome mod.
There's a small problem with some NPC's:
Found the Makeshift Command Center, and the NPC's just ran away. Are they supposed to stay? They're hiding from Apophis until they get some stuff to kill it, but seems like a bug to me. (Maybe it's my browser, but I can't place this stuff in spoiler section. Can someone do it?)

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 28, 2017, 08:11:15 PM »
Thanks for the feebback!

Despite my best efforts I can't make the NPC's no run away. It seems to be a bug that affects static NPCs from all mods and affects core static NPCs by not making them spawn properly.

As for the spoilers, click the insert quote button on the post where you want to read the spoiler part and it will be readable.

Offline MorCel 374

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 29, 2017, 07:46:40 AM »
Hello! Awesome mod.
There's a small problem with some NPC's:
(click to show/hide)

EDIT: Added spoiler. Thx!

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 29, 2017, 12:24:20 PM »
So I am thinking of makig this mod its own standalone core mod rabalancing the main games items. Is that something y'all would be interested? Feel free to ask for more details.

Offline MorCel 374

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 29, 2017, 01:41:53 PM »
I personally like the mod as it is. I don't think there are rebalances that could suit the mod.

You should try to focus on the mod and expand it as much as possible (in my opinion) instead of making it stand-alone, losing time on spawn-list rebalances. The Slave Fighters sure could use some love: make the Sketchy Cabin have Z-levels, add some Slave-Fighters with bionics (to make the encounter more... !FUN!). Maybe the scenario should make you a member of them automatically, instead of you having to cleave through the horde of NPC's to exit the cabin (this sounds hard, I think they're a Bandit-like faction right now, so you can't join them).

The Makeshift Command Center could have some remnants of the Bio-Weapon science team (as Router says), maybe you could learn some more lore from them, and learn skills from them. Also, more quests for them would be good.
(click to show/hide)

Found 2 Survivor Encampments, one full to the brim with zombies (Hulks, Shocker Brutes, Super-Soldiers and Bio-Weapons) and the other one full with robots (2 turrets at each house (!!!), around 4 security bots, and many skitterbots). Are they that loot-bloated as the legend says for the hordes to be there? I couldn't loot any of them. (I'm currently playing as an Experiment start with Genetic Chaos. Mutated into an insect with Chitinous Plate, still not post-thresh, going full melee. Hunting down some purifier, maybe I'll get another tree, right now bullets fuck me up badly.)

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 29, 2017, 03:15:51 PM »
As a core "standalone" mod I would just copy the jaon folder from the game and chnage what needs to be changed, no creating new files necessary!

The sketch cabin has been fixed by Random_Dragon to have some of the slave fighters on your side making it easier.

As for the MCC, gotta say you are caugh up in the mod's lore!
(click to show/hide)

The Survivor Emcapments are bloted with loot.
(click to show/hide)

Offline MorCel 374

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 29, 2017, 03:38:00 PM »
Sounds good! Good luck and post any changes you make! It'd be sad for this mod to die.

Offline MorCel 374

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 31, 2017, 08:53:10 PM »
Could you make Apophis' 2nd ranged attack (that one which sets you on fire, leaves a fire trail, sets your adjacent tiles on fire, and deals heavy damage) as a bionic? It'd be super fun to have it (especially as a loot drop from Apophis. Killing it should feel rewarding. I can't even get him below lightly injured even with Monomolecular Blade + Silat and 20k worth of bionic energy).
By the way, maybe Apophis could use some more ranged options for mid to short range? Right now, if you go Offensive Defense System, Active Defense System, Uncanny Dodge and Dielectric Capacitance, he's just a big Shoggoth (with potentially fun drops).
Maybe he could be killed with explosives (but I don't want to ruin the loot; managed to grab some of it while "fighting" Apophis) or with Time Dilation (which I'm still trying to find). Any suggestions?

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 31, 2017, 09:11:00 PM »
(click to show/hide)

As for a strategy, I would suggest luring it outside of the lab and fight him there to avoid damaging the loot if your intention is to loot after he is dead.

Offline MorCel 374

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 01, 2017, 11:07:07 AM »
Thank you! I'll post pics of Apophis's dead body once he's gone for good.

Offline nekojusan

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 04, 2017, 11:56:43 PM »
Got to say I'm loving the mod, I dropped my op old survivor in and apophis  was a real challenge, more variations of these guys would be ace, it would be cool to encounter this guy out in the world (perhaps after you beat him in the lab)

Seeing these guys fighting with the regular zombies was great the world felt more alive

I do like the new cbms/bionics more of them would be great, the double flamer needs more range as anything other than diagonal will catch you in the fire.

One other concern is balance,the new presets are really powerful, it would be cool if they had some of the more negative mutations/faulty bionics to give them something to worry about.

As others have said the new bionic enemies drop way too many cbms, these guys either need to be tougher and rarer or or for them to drop less often for me having them rarer but much more powerful would be great

Keep up the good work