Poll

What would you like me to focus on in this mod?

Additions: More weapons, Tools , Armor, etc.
11 (18.6%)
Alternatives and Overrides: Make alternatives and changes to the core game. (recipes, weapons, items, scenarios, monsters, etc.)
4 (6.8%)
Professions and Scenarios: Make more/work on custom professions/scenarios.
6 (10.2%)
Buildings and terrain: More places to explore/work on the existing ones.
12 (20.3%)
NPCs/Lore: Work on Factions, NPC dialogue, in game notes.
24 (40.7%)
Monsters: More monsters/work on the existing ones.
2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author Topic: Cataclysm++ Mod  (Read 60942 times)

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm++ Mod
« Reply #570 on: April 29, 2017, 06:16:26 PM »
Having fought two of them now (And having a little peek at the code) I've noticed that the super juggernauts only have light military armor, which seems against the idea of a juggernaut. I'd expect them to have at least heavy military armor, or even heavy power armor. Also, their description says they wield an LMG, presumably the laser LMG I currently forget the name of. Instead, they have a fusion blaster rifle, making it nearly impossible to survive combat with them without very high end gear, or a long range weapon and plenty of early warning. Considering they spawn in town, that's kind of ridiculous...
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, the fusion blaster for an enemy that spawns in town is a little ridiculous and the LMG would fit better. That should be a simple enough fix.
May mother Venus guide us all!

...Noctifer's incredibly loot bloated Survivor Emcampments™...

Offline darktoes

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: April 30, 2017, 08:03:54 AM »
I've also noticed, having just taken down a super soldier and super scout, that the laser carbine and sniper rifle both have some mods added by default, scopes, laser sights, a bipod on the sniper, etc. They also can't be removed, which is annoying since I'd like to take the scope and bipod off of the sniper. I noticed the description says the holo sight on the carbine is fixed, which I understand, but I wonder why the scope on the sniper doesn't come off, or atleast have an extra sight or underbarrel slot.
Also, the laser sniper rifle has a single mechanism slot, which seems odd.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 10:30:43 AM by darktoes »

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 01, 2017, 06:35:15 PM »
I have just updated the onedrive link with a hotfix + experimental content. The fix is about nameless NPCs. Github and launcher versions are still behind so at the moment the onedrive link is way to download.

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 16, 2017, 10:21:44 PM »
Ne update up and running both in the onedrive link and in github as a release! New stuff was added and rebalance.

I tried to make some new additions like a light-saber-esq ups sword but there is now way to define it to use UPS. I also tried to make an underbarrel chainsaw but the end result created an overpowered flamethrower instead...

Thank you to those who have contributed their PRs!
From spell checking to new content they are all welcome and appreciated!

Offline MorCel 374

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: Today at 02:00:18 PM »
Hello! Awesome mod.
There's a small problem with some NPC's:
Found the Makeshift Command Center, and the NPC's just ran away. Are they supposed to stay? They're hiding from Apophis until they get some stuff to kill it, but seems like a bug to me. (Maybe it's my browser, but I can't place this stuff in spoiler section. Can someone do it?)

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: Today at 08:11:15 PM »
Thanks for the feebback!

Despite my best efforts I can't make the NPC's no run away. It seems to be a bug that affects static NPCs from all mods and affects core static NPCs by not making them spawn properly.

As for the spoilers, click the insert quote button on the post where you want to read the spoiler part and it will be readable.