Author Topic: iOS Version  (Read 24778 times)

Offline stk2008

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: iOS Version
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2015, 07:50:45 AM »
Do you plan to make an Android version?

This x10000000000

Offline cliffs

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2015, 09:29:39 AM »
App got rejected this morning due to some non-technical issues. It's an easy fix, but you have to wait a few more days. Sorry for that.

Do you plan to make an Android version?
I do not have any Android app programming experience. So currently no plan for that. Sorry!

Offline 7thsign

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2015, 01:37:21 PM »
Just want to say I am so psyched for this.

If it gets delayed again, I'll gladly playtest ;)

Offline nhal

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2015, 05:48:37 PM »
App got rejected this morning due to some non-technical issues. It's an easy fix, but you have to wait a few more days. Sorry for that.

Today is release day on the app store and I can't seem to find the game, has the release been delayed again?

Offline syd430

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2015, 12:43:17 AM »
Also wondering on this. Maybe the iAPs for the sound packs weren't compatible with the CC licence?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 07:22:42 AM by syd430 »

Offline nhal

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2015, 12:05:13 AM »
Is this project dead? The person in charge hasn't given any feedback on the delay nor the reasons and he doesn't even answer in this thread. Another Thursday goes by and no release yet, kinda annoying.

Offline cliffs

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2015, 03:30:35 AM »
Hello there. This project is not dead. It is just not released to the public yet.

The last fixed bug reported by the beta tester was that player could not save their default mods setting in world generation. No further bug fixes were made after that.

Current it is waiting to be reviewed. A few more( 1~2 ) days I guess. Waiting to be reviewed is a very tedious process. A small problem might get your app rejected and you have to wait for another 7~10 days. And I am not sure if it will be approved this time. I will post here once it is released. Thank you.

Offline syd430

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2015, 05:01:46 AM »
My suggestion would be to open source the project, in a similar way to the NetHack iOS port:

https://github.com/dirkz/iNetHack

This will greatly increase the long term viability of this project for two reasons:

- As is always the case with a single contributor, updates may not occur at a pace that is needed for platform compatibility or may cease completely for unforseen circumstances. This was ultimately the fate of the NetHack iOS port, in which the single contributor stopped updating due to personal issues (illness) and the app eventually broke on iOS 7/8. As there was a public repo available, someone else eventually picked it up and is now running very well on iOS 8 ownwards and receiving regular updates.

- Since the arrival of Xcode 7, users no longer have to wait for the Apple Approval process and can simply compile and install the .ipa to their own device for personal use. An additional benefit is that if the app is pulled from the app store for whatever reason, users will still be able to compile + install.

On a slightly different topic, I have a long list of bugs and potential improvements that i've found during my time testing, but probably like other testers I am hesitant to invest in writing up a detailed, readable post with everything i've found until there is atleast a version on the app store, to ensure my efforts aren't in vain. There are real non-technical threats in having a game like this not published or pulled at a later date. For example the drug use/addiction themes would probably be enough to get it pushed back or eventually pulled. See this example of a game that was pulled for containing a theme that Apple didn't like: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/Sweatshop+HD/news.asp?c=49468& . This is of course a pretty weak move, but it is a reality of developing for Apple.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 09:53:31 AM by syd430 »

Offline youtoo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2015, 07:13:39 PM »
how hard is it to get this into the app store? even if you put it up for free? I think there are delays and checks.

Offline syd430

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2015, 05:37:49 AM »
Delayed again?

Offline cplr

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2015, 04:30:39 PM »
"the beta tester" ??? there is only one?!

I encourage using TestFlight which would allow up to 1000 users to beta test it. You don't find bugs by using only a single beta tester :)

Offline syd430

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2015, 03:50:39 AM »
"the beta tester" ??? there is only one?!

I encourage using TestFlight which would allow up to 1000 users to beta test it. You don't find bugs by using only a single beta tester :)

He is. And there are many testers. Also if anyone is interested, it looks like it was rejected again yesterday as per his Twitter.

Offline cliffs

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2015, 02:16:30 AM »
Hello there, after a long journey ( 3 months, 9 rejections, including self-rejections ), we finally arrived the starting point. It is now available on App Store. More info can be found at
http://www.dancingbottle.com/?page_id=160
and
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cataclysm-dark-days-ahead/id1017236109?l=zh&ls=1&mt=8

Offline nhal

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2015, 03:28:17 AM »
Testing it right now on an ipad pro. Any chance of bluetooth keyboard support? right now you can input commands but every time you hit enter the keyboard goes away which makes it unplayable.

Offline cliffs

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2015, 03:32:52 AM »
Testing it right now on an ipad pro. Any chance of bluetooth keyboard support? right now you can input commands but every time you hit enter the keyboard goes away which makes it unplayable.

You can show the "locked" keyboard with long press gesture.