Author Topic: StatsThroughSkills II  (Read 38259 times)

Offline TaiGambol

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Re: StatsThroughSkills II
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2016, 08:49:48 AM »
You shouldn't have to - make sure you're doing 'Extract here' rather than 'Extract to StatsThroughSkillsIV' or the like though, the archive structure's set up so it'll already make the relevant folder.

If they won't even show up when installed through the launcher, though, that's kind of odd - can you give screenshots of your mods folder and the StatsThroughSkills folder, maybe?

Offline Malkeus

• Survivor
  • Master Necroposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2016, 10:24:35 AM »
I haven't fiddled with this in a couple months, but glancing at the lua for the most recent version available here shows it's still using the on_day_passed lua callback. I'm not sure if that callback has been deprecated from the code (don't see why it should have been, i think it's still used in one of the example mods). The real problem is probably the method used to change your stats, I'm pretty sure that's been changed, but I don't have any specifics on hand right now.
The is, the version available with the experimentals uses a new lua callback and updates your stats every time you level up a skill, which I think is far superior. And the calc_bonus formula is pretty easy to modify to get any amount of bonus you want, which I also feel is superior. Sometime I'll get a free day and I'll spend it updating my mods and confirming my modified version of this mod still works, I'll release it here if it is.

Offline TaiGambol

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2016, 11:55:06 AM »
The stat change method was changed, yes, but the latest version's been altered to match the new effect call function.

I've been unaware of any other version of this besides the original and the two others posted in this thread - if there's one updated for the current experimentals that uses better code then I'd certainly be interested in it.

Offline Edgar_Allen_Poo

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2016, 12:23:54 PM »
Fear not, my hypothesis was correct: I am indeed dumb.

Offline TaiGambol

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2016, 07:50:03 PM »
For the benefit of those who'll come after you who might have similar problems, what was the issue in the end? :P

Offline Malkeus

• Survivor
  • Master Necroposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2016, 04:57:37 AM »
There IS in fact one which works with the latest experimentals; it is one of the mods available with the latest experimental, straight out of the box. It uses a different lua callback to trigger on skill gains instead of time of day. The default formula was rather limited, maxes out at 6 bonus points at ridiculous skill levels. But it's simple enough to alter.

Offline Phillosopherp

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2017, 01:12:07 AM »
Can you tell me the differences between the three different mods? I just want to try an figure out which one I want to use

Offline The Cat Wizard

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2017, 12:20:54 AM »
Sorry for Necroing, I'd like to know too.

Offline Phillosopherp

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2017, 12:19:51 AM »
I guess no one knows the answer to this? I know that I'm necroing an old post but I was hoping someone could answer this

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2017, 12:47:41 AM »
Idk what the actual version this is but I know that the lua file of the one I am using is this.

(click to show/hide)
May mother Venus guide us all!

...Noctifer's incredibly loot bloated Survivor Emcampments™...

Offline Phillosopherp

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2017, 09:20:47 PM »
So is this the one that is part of the main download through the launcher or did you add the  III or IV version? I'm just curious. Also am I reading that correct in that if I were to spend points on stats prior to start that those points may be taken away on re-calculating? I'm not the best when it comes to reading code, that is why I am asking for help. I wish I understood the calls better but I guess my computer skill is a one or a two at best...lol

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2017, 10:07:21 PM »
I honestly don't know where I got this one from. I just know that with that lua code you can choose points at start without them resseting. The points are calculate when you level up a skill, not at the end of the day like other versions.
May mother Venus guide us all!

...Noctifer's incredibly loot bloated Survivor Emcampments™...