Author Topic: The Adventures Of Mosin  (Read 23431 times)

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Hi, carefull I hear THAT guy is around here....
    • View Profile
The Adventures Of Mosin
« on: October 29, 2015, 03:37:56 AM »
The Adventures of Mosin

And thus, Enke went off into the sunset with his Mosin-Nagant, where he was promptly shot by a random NPC who decided that being an ass was on his list of things to do today.

Thus the epic saga concludes.

concludes? Did you mistake who the main character there was? So then the mosin was picked up by a crazed NPC who used the mosin for neferious looting, and murdering of ALL THE PEOPLES. Mosin started to go a little crazy itself. Hmmm... Now starting The Adventures of MOSIN

And thats how this Thread started. Now continue the adventures of Mosin!
Thread rules: Try to keep it to a few sentences per comment, this is a shared story telling. And when in doubt remember: What would Mosin do?
A punk is a smoldering stick used for lighting firework fuses, dynamite and other fused items. This makes it the source of raging fires and destruction, and the ignition of beautiful displays of pyrotechnics and many beneficial flames as well a pranksters tool.
hey.... whats that hissing sound.

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventures Of Mosin
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 03:41:35 AM »
Mosin was mounted onto a bike somehow used as a precision turret.
May mother Venus guide us all!

...Noctifer's incredibly loot bloated Survivor Emcampments™...

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 03:47:04 AM »
Scraped and banged constantly, mosin was not cared for. NPC frequently dropped the bike to the ground rather than using the kickstand and unmounted mosin to use as a club. Mosin began to forget what it felt like to be clean and well polished.
A punk is a smoldering stick used for lighting firework fuses, dynamite and other fused items. This makes it the source of raging fires and destruction, and the ignition of beautiful displays of pyrotechnics and many beneficial flames as well a pranksters tool.

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 03:49:46 AM »
Mosin had not been clean since it was bought in 2037 and before that since the battle of Stalingrad. Mosin had seen things...the dirt made it remember it. Spawning as a gift was among them. Now on a bike mosin shot all enemies nearby.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 04:23:45 AM »
When Mosin began to get gummed up and jam from the sheer amount of dirt and gunpowder residue the cruel NPC threw it in the dirt and left it. Mosin found little comfort that NPC did so out of frustration...and proceeded to be eaten by a zombear because Mosin didn't fire properly.

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 02:45:17 PM »
For three whole day mosin layed on the dirt...three days. It was then picked up by a wasteland wanderer and who knows what he will do...

Offline Enke

• Zombie Food
  • From the west you hear a shrub
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 05:53:01 PM »
Mosin fought valiantly on the behalf of the wanderer, but he was defeated by a zombie hulk.

WWMD?
That did not work as expected, but I did escape with most of the limbs I had before.

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 05:56:10 PM »
Mosin became stuck to said hulk when the wanderer bayoneted it and is now wandering until the hulk die.

Offline Enke

• Zombie Food
  • From the west you hear a shrub
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 07:11:24 PM »
Eventually, however, Mosin began to reflect on the things he had done with his life, and how each bullet that he shot was important to him. He analyzed how they went into making him who he was today. Whilst this was happening, the hulk was killed with an unusually dexterous survivor who used nothing but his bare hands and a lockpick. The man's name was Jared Oceanus, and he was very happy to meet Mosin.

Said Jared as he looked over the new item, "That's a damn fine-looking gun. Not sure I can keep it in my bag though."
That did not work as expected, but I did escape with most of the limbs I had before.

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2015, 09:41:19 PM »
Jared flashing a makeshift sling out of the tattered clothing remains of the hulk, carrying it along. "All I need is some ammo and I will be golden!" He remembered a local gun shop not far from where he was and headed in that direction.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2015, 05:20:42 PM »
Jared found his ammo after dealing with a few mundane zoms. He decided to try mosin on the very next zom he encountered, and like any other day it wasn't long before he encountered a zom. He waited until it got a little closer, he wasn't very good with guns yet and wanted to make this shot count. He was careful and slow and deliberate in all his actions. Makeing sure safety was off, ammo loaded etc... and so was nearly caught dumbfounded by the zom when the Mosin simply went click.

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2015, 07:56:03 PM »
The feed ramp had jamed from rimlock! Unknown to jared at the time, he simply cycled the bolt and fired his next shot. Headshot! his shoulder hurt like hell from the kickback but was satisfying nonetheless. The noise attracted a few more zombie so jared made his way home for the day.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2015, 08:26:16 PM »
Unkonwn to him that last shot had broken the long abused and now fragile firing pin. Mosin was horrified, its long history of neglect meant that now it could not properly work for Jared. If Mosin couldn't fire when needed Jared might die.... Jared needed to know. Mosin HAD TO WARN HIM! But Mosin was just a gun.. how. How could it warn Jared it was broken. Mosin was only a weapon...just a tool. Mosin couldn't talk.

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2015, 08:32:47 PM »
Thankfully jared had found an old magazine on military surplus ww2 rifles and after and inspection jared found the problem. He use an old solder he found to weld a new firing pin from scrap metal he found but jared wonder how long that would last.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2015, 08:04:58 AM »
While he had it apart Jared gave mosin a thorough cleaning, getting all the dirt and gunpowder from the nooks and crannies paying special care to the mechanisms and places prone to cause jamming. By the time he was done repairing and cleaning Mosin he had lost most of the day. But Mosin was a rifle to be proud of now. All Mosin needed to "clean up" properly was a nice bayonet hat, maybe some attatchments and such to make it real spiffy. And of coarse... a nice scope. Mosin couldn't be happier.