I got it running easily enough. Some files are missing from the codeblocks project file (and had to do the 'remove the git call' editing). And I have only been trying the console version so far. But it seems to work a lot better than before.
Didn't even need to download mingw, as the newest version of codeblocks seemed to work.
Here is my guide:
* Install codeblocks ( codeblocks-16.01mingw-setup.exe )
* Download the most recent github CDDA code. (I lied, I didn't do this, I already have git running, and copied my own clone of CDDA, but that is a bit more advanced).
* Unpack the github code in a project directory somewhere. (Not in the same directory as codeblocks (codeblocks is the tool, that works on your 'canvas' that is the CDDA code)
* Open codeblocks and open the projectfile from the CDDA github code. (CataclysmWin.cbp)
* In codeblocks go to 'settings' 'compiler', with the selected compiler 'GNU GCC Compiler' select the checkbox 'Have g++ follow the C++11 ISO C++ Language standard [-std=c++11]'. (Else I got a warning about a const constexp something).
* Try to build the project.
* See the warning about some sort of git problem
* Do this: http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=11414.msg252569#msg252569
* Build the project.
* Get several unhelpful errors. (Red errors without references to specific lines of code, this means the compiler has no problems, but the linker has. Which means some files are probably missing from the project code).
* Ideally now find the specific files missing from the code. (In my case it was 'emit.cpp' and 'emit.h'). But a brute force method is to go to the project tab (default on the left: http://prntscr.com/boh1t1
). Right click on the src file, select 'add files'. Select all the .cpp and .h files. And add them all.
* Build, and wait for the program to compile without errors.
* Select run (http://prntscr.com/boh31r
). And see CDDA in console mode game screen pop up.
This worked for me. Hope it helps.