Poll

Do you have a moment to discuss your long distance carrier?

Pocket
Sand!

Author Topic: A Mod List  (Read 40356 times)

Offline Malkeus

• Survivor
  • Master Necroposter
    • View Profile
Re: A Mod List
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2015, 02:56:15 PM »
Please, do so :). It's been several days and GreatTuna hasn't responded to his thread. An alternate link would let me put that mod into circulation again. It looks like I need to add a couple mods to the list as well. Merry Xmas!

AKnifeInTheDark

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2015, 06:26:35 PM »
Oh no my mod isn't popular... I  need to work harder ! :D

Offline Malkeus

• Survivor
  • Master Necroposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2015, 11:01:30 PM »
Oh no my mod isn't popular... I  need to work harder ! :D

Don't be disheartened. "Popular" is perhaps a misleading section title. Those mods were sourced from the recent survey, and I'm fairly certain your mod didn't exist at the time of the survey. I have your mod running in all my worlds now, the more guns the better! I just wish I could tell which mod was giving me a particular gun so I had an easier time complaining at people ;)

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2015, 11:17:02 PM »
Was the the Minian Manufactor mod given to you yet? I also have a copy if you need it.
May mother Venus guide us all!

...Noctifer's incredibly loot bloated Survivor Emcampments™...

Offline Malkeus

• Survivor
  • Master Necroposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2015, 12:20:32 AM »
Was the the Minian Manufactor mod given to you yet? I also have a copy if you need it.

I haven't heard back from Osobist, no. If you could send me the file, or a link to a clean host, that would be awesome.

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2015, 12:25:07 AM »
Send you a pm with a link.

Offline Neon

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2015, 07:13:26 AM »
(file hosted at rghost, a known malware website, hence it won't be linked here)
OMG, I use RGHost since 2009, and I've never met malware here. So why do you think so? Someone uploads, someone downloads.

Offline Malkeus

• Survivor
  • Master Necroposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2015, 09:51:45 AM »
I visited the site from the libraries computer (no adblocker) and was immediately hit with a browser hijacking ad telling me 'your pc is infected with a virus, click"here" too fix it.' It continually popped up after hitting the'x' to close. Even after using chromes check box to block it from reopening, I couldn't get the file to download. The continual popup is a known link to scam people into installing keyloggers and other malware. Hence my personal ban.
So, in conclusion, rghost, at the least, doesn't screen it's ads for malicious and misleading code.

I will not aid them by sending traffic their way

Greattuna hasn't responded to any pm's, I'm going to resist the file on Google drive later today. It will have to wait till I can go to the library, my basement flooded and my pc sat in an inch of water for several hours. Luckily(?), the power was off and the only component that low was the power supply. I'm hoping the power supply will be ok after a few days in front of a fan...

edit: changed Nimian to Greattuna. I was on mobile and could NOT recall the mod's author...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 05:27:56 PM by Malkeus »

Offline Malkeus

• Survivor
  • Master Necroposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2015, 10:04:34 AM »
Send you a pm with a link.
Thank you, Noctifer, I'll get the link up as soon as I can.

Offline Malkeus

• Survivor
  • Master Necroposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2015, 06:19:05 PM »
-Added 9 mods to the list, sourced from the depths of the lab.

I believe I'll confine additions to new mods, the oldest stuff will probably never work with newer versions of the game without a lot of work.

Which mods would you guys be interested in seeing revived? I'm voting for the airdrops mod myself, there's a lot of potential there with the chemicals system.

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2015, 10:17:21 PM »
Which mods would you guys be interested in seeing revived? I'm voting for the airdrops mod myself, there's a lot of potential there with the chemicals system.

I would like the wehrmacht pride,wilderness overhaul and airdrops to be revived myself.

How about adding a poll in this thread to determine a popular mod section? Make users be able have multiple votes and be able change their vote.

Offline Malkeus

• Survivor
  • Master Necroposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2015, 11:50:48 PM »

I would like the wehrmacht pride,wilderness overhaul and airdrops to be revived myself.

How about adding a poll in this thread to determine a popular mod section? Make users be able have multiple votes and be able change their vote.
A poll seems easy enough, I'll work on that after I decompress with a game or two of DvZ, today has seriously sucked. I suppose to be objective, EVERY mod needs to be in the polls...I don't understand them, but I have to respect the 0.C-stable crowd. What seems like a reasonable number of votes? I've never made one of these before, 5 seems sufficient to let everyone choose their favorite favorites. More/less?

@Noctifer
Would you be willing to start a separate thread with a poll to get input on which mods the community is interested in?

I'll throw my vote behind wilderness overhaul as well, though that's going to take a lot of work, it's a big mod. Perhaps they could be added to the experimental if we make the effort, how does support for a mod in the experimental work? What's stopped you from putting your mods into the experimental Noctifer? You've certainly put a lot of effort into keeping them fresh.

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2015, 12:02:52 AM »
@Malkeus
For the poll:
I am willing to make a separate thread for a poll and mod discussion. Leave that to me.

As for the Mods:
It is easy to make them work for experimental but takes alot of time. You have to go through each item,change,monster,ect. and add all the things experimental required. It can be done but it would take time. I keep mine up to date by making my updates small, make an item here and there, bug fix a couple things and due a few behind the scenes stuff every couple days.

Offline Malkeus

• Survivor
  • Master Necroposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2015, 01:27:26 AM »
@Malkeus
For the poll:
I am willing to make a separate thread for a poll and mod discussion. Leave that to me.

As for the Mods:
It is easy to make them work for experimental but takes alot of time. You have to go through each item,change,monster,ect. and add all the things experimental required. It can be done but it would take time. I keep mine up to date by making my updates small, make an item here and there, bug fix a couple things and due a few behind the scenes stuff every couple days.
Woot, I killed 4 dwarves in one game, what a rush :)

@Noctifer
Ah, what I meant was: why haven't you tried to get your mods included in the built-in experimental mods list. Your method of incremental updates would fit in well with github.

I have updated the airdrop mod a couple times to keep it current, but I've fallen behind with the recent batch of changes. I'll take another look at cleaning it up. Duros only seems to get on every year or so, he's busy with college. He seemed pretty happy with my updates last time around, I'll do it again, I really like that mod. I'll get to work on that poll.

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2015, 01:38:28 AM »
Ah, github... I have no idea how to work in github first of all. I am learning coding by myself to eventually help with the source code but my potato of a laptop prevents any of that. Also, I feel github is too much bureaucracy to implement my mod. Here, i just make an update, uploaded and put an alert up in the post. In github, I would have to wait for approval of the devs and They would be flooded with my mini updates instead of working on the game itself.