Poll

Do you have a moment to discuss your long distance carrier?

Pocket
Sand!

Author Topic: A Mod List  (Read 40354 times)

Offline Malkeus

• Survivor
  • Master Necroposter
    • View Profile
Re: A Mod List
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2015, 02:01:03 AM »
Ah, github... I have no idea how to work in github first of all. I am learning coding by myself to eventually help with the source code but my potato of a laptop prevents any of that. Also, I feel github is too much bureaucracy to implement my mod. Here, i just make an update, uploaded and put an alert up in the post. In github, I would have to wait for approval of the devs and They would be flooded with my mini updates instead of working on the game itself.

Fair enough. I got the poll up and running, 39 mods total, I don't like the way the post looks now :/

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2015, 02:05:22 AM »
Unintended looks is a small setback I supposes.
May mother Venus guide us all!

...Noctifer's incredibly loot bloated Survivor Emcampments™...

Offline KliPeH

• Survivor
  • Master of Savescumming
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2015, 08:07:08 AM »
How about adding a poll in this thread to determine a popular mod section? Make users be able have multiple votes and be able change their vote.
I think the real question here is what would voting on a certain mod to be revived achieve? I'm assuming this works the same way development for the vanilla game works - the amount of people who want something doesn't change anything, what matters is how good the idea is (not very relevant to the most-wanted mods) and who is willing to put the effort into implementing it (updating, in this case).

What I'm saying is, seeing which mod-to-be-revived is the most requested is nice and all, but I'm afraid it won't achieve anything unless the creator decides they have time to mess with the files again and want to update it.

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2015, 08:09:29 AM »
We could revive old mods and once the creator comes back we ask if the changes are ok. If a mod revival project is on the way then it needs to be organized.
May mother Venus guide us all!

...Noctifer's incredibly loot bloated Survivor Emcampments™...

Offline KliPeH

• Survivor
  • Master of Savescumming
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2015, 08:09:59 AM »
I got the poll up and running, 39 mods total, I don't like the way the post looks now :/
Hmmm, I wonder who'd be willing to format another person's thread just to make it look better.....

;)
I can help as soon as I get back home.

Ah, it's not the actual post, just a forum thing. Can't do anything about that.

I don't like the way it looks either. I think the poll should be renamed to "Mods you'd like to see revived" and the choices be mods from the LAB WORK category (perhaps even the oldest ones among them).
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 08:16:09 AM by KliPeH »

Offline Malkeus

• Survivor
  • Master Necroposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2015, 02:33:12 PM »
The  poll in this thread is not for determining which mod to revive. It's merely a more focused survey to determine which mods people would like to have moved to the popular list, which now that I've slept on it, is of doubtful help considering half the mods are not usable in their current form. Noctifer is going to start a new thread to discuss reviving mods, which we will then work on reviving.
 And I absolutely hate the way it looks, I think I'd rather have it in its own thread and link to it from here. This thread is big enough without forcing 45 lines of poll, and I'm not exactly sure about its utility anyway. It may be more useful to simple divide the list into versions.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 02:37:24 PM by Malkeus »

Offline KliPeH

• Survivor
  • Master of Savescumming
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2015, 06:35:32 PM »
The  poll in this thread is not for determining which mod to revive. It's merely a more focused survey to determine which mods people would like to have moved to the popular list, which now that I've slept on it, is of doubtful help considering half the mods are not usable in their current form. Noctifer is going to start a new thread to discuss reviving mods, which we will then work on reviving.
 And I absolutely hate the way it looks, I think I'd rather have it in its own thread and link to it from here. This thread is big enough without forcing 45 lines of poll, and I'm not exactly sure about its utility anyway. It may be more useful to simple divide the list into versions.
Yeah, the place on the mod list doesn't make any difference as long as the mod is in there to begin with. In that case this survey is pretty much useless. Besides, didn't we just call the mods already inside any downloaded game version "popular" (aka VAP) or following the survey? Perhaps by the amount of released updates/replies to a mod thread? I don't see the point in putting old mods into the Popular list even if they do get voted as the most liked, to be frank.

Offline Malkeus

• Survivor
  • Master Necroposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2016, 02:08:26 AM »
Poll looks bad, serves no purpose, it was ill conceived...

Might take it down..

Happy new year!

Edit: I'm uncertain. It actually seems to be getting votes, though I'm not sure what I'll do with them anymore as they are pretty much the same as the current popular list lol. Vote to take down the poll? Meh...gonna go play dvz and let this one sit for the moment.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 06:23:48 AM by Malkeus »

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2016, 07:55:26 AM »
Meep. Very curious.

Sorry to note that Medieval mod's dropbox incarnation might be half out of sync. It has the shields and professions (the missing content), but might be missing some updates/additions from Github updates.

Offline Malkeus

• Survivor
  • Master Necroposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2016, 06:26:18 AM »
Meep. Very curious.

Sorry to note that Medieval mod's dropbox incarnation might be half out of sync. It has the shields and professions (the missing content), but might be missing some updates/additions from Github updates.

Hmm...well, I'll note that in the OP. Any plans on bringing dropbox features into the mainline version or vice versa? I have to admit, I've been playing with the dropbox'd version for a long time and I've never actually seen a shield.

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2016, 06:33:04 AM »
Meep. Very curious.

Hmm...well, I'll note that in the OP. Any plans on bringing dropbox features into the mainline version or vice versa? I have to admit, I've been playing with the dropbox'd version for a long time and I've never actually seen a shield.

Could possibly bring over the professions, but the shields? That's the big one that currently has been vetoed.

Though I could maaaybe attempt it under the justification of mod content, which usually is allowed more leeway.

Offline Malkeus

• Survivor
  • Master Necroposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2016, 06:50:53 AM »
I just debugged one in. My current survivor is too big of a wimp to really take advantage of it, but I like the concept. It even works well with the Left side/Right side split for the arms and legs. Using the layering system to move it from one arm to the other also moves it to the other leg and hand, maintaining consistency.
It doesn't actually let you perform blocks though, like wielded items do, does it? It seems to be like armor right now and only blocks damage headed for it's covered area. But I only tried a bit of combat before my wimpy guy had to run away or die.

I think it would be a cool mod for mainline, give it a shot. Maybe if it's in there it will inspire someone to support it in the code, even if it always stays mod content because dev's don't want it in the main game.

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2016, 02:26:32 PM »
It doesn't actually let you perform blocks though, like wielded items do, does it? It seems to be like armor right now and only blocks damage headed for it's covered area. But I only tried a bit of combat before my wimpy guy had to run away or die.

That's basically half the reason why it isn't in right, is the hackish way it works. The other half is it doesn't affect wielded items.

Offline Malkeus

• Survivor
  • Master Necroposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2016, 02:35:49 PM »
Right, so it needs support on the source side. Giving it more exposure by having them in the mainline mod might be just the thing to inspire someone. It couldn't hurt to pr it as [cr] just to see what Granade and the rest might have to say.

Offline trelatyraelis

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2016, 12:58:32 PM »
No Dildos Mod
Rumor mods

Sure, here you go.
Always remember to praise tung, for he died for your sins trying to push this.

Some people don't like overpowered armor and weapons, dildos and fursuits in their game because it's annoying. The devs refused to push this mod as mainline, but we do not care. The game has them. People don't want them. We take care of them. It's up to you if you want to use it or not. This is a balance mod.

https://mega.co.nz/#!MZdhwQRI!sk9YDdlhZ7W2xIhEqNJ9gUEH7uTBKQnHQCEzjPhPoKw

Vegan/no junkfood mod

Meat, right? Makes the game too easy. You butcher a couple animals and you're set for days, then you repeat the process. Hunger is never a problem after day 1. Unless you take out meat. This mods takes care of it. At the cost of bacon and hamburgers. This is a challenge mod.

https://mega.co.nz/#!8UUVCSDB!8WRXGVtmgJCunNm3dgXWclIFs8M71rNiAZe08CPElxs

P.S. This fucks up the MREs and makes impossible to disassemble them, since I blacklisted most of the meat stuff. Originally a bug, I don't really care and gives even less permafood so I updated it as a feature. If you wanna fix it, you know how to edit the .jsons.

NO MADMAX/USELESS CLOTHING

Why does everyone pre-cataclysm love leather? It's basically everywhere. This mod takes care of it and makes it much rarer (almost non-existant from zombie drops except for some items, but you can still grab a lot by smashing a gym open for those sweet sweet punching sacks). It also removes most of the useless clothing that nobody uses (dress,cassock,thawb,kariginu,robe,kittel,kimono,kufi,kippah,eboshi,sundress,camisole,lowtop shoes,dress_wedding etc etc etc). This is a hardcore balance mod that is not roleplaying-friendly. If you start with a class that's not survivor and has a blacklisted item (for example a bride) you're going to spawn with it (so the game doesn't crash) but never see it as a drop.

https://mega.co.nz/#!wJUiSbTR!lnHjwVDYwsAo4dzVRf3umF8auQbdjHj7id4qK7OLwF4

P.S. this is actually kinda counter-productive since zombies actually drop leather jackets, pants and knee-high boots a lot more. It's a bug and it will stay a bug until you do something about it, I'm not even going to pretend THAT is a feature, I have no idea how to mod out leatherstuff from zombie drops. Basically the most important thing that it does now is just removing a shitton of clothing I deem useless. If you wanna also remove leather drops from zombies, you're on your own.