Author Topic: CDDA Game Launcher (Automatic updates and more!)  (Read 43801 times)

Offline TheKobold

• Survivor
  • A mischievous little draconic bastard
    • View Profile
Re: CDDA Game Launcher (Automatic updates and more!)
« Reply #135 on: July 27, 2017, 10:53:13 AM »
Is it just me or are a lot of the mods listed on the mod tab out of date. Most of them seem to go threads that haven't been updated in a year+.

Offline Outcast

• Zombie Food
  • Let's Survive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2017, 09:39:22 AM »
I was using the CDDA Game Launcher and I accidentally clicked the "Restore Previous Version" button. >_<

When I launched the game all my current save data was goneO_O

It was several weeks worth of gameplay is there anyway to get it back? T_T

I think the launcher just deleted my files. What can I do?

The launcher goes to great lengths not to delete any file that could be important to you. Whenever it deletes files that could be important, it will prompt a confirmation from you. When doing an update or installing the game, it will move all files from the selected directory into the previous_version directory inside your game directory (unless you selected one of the settings to prevent that which is not the default behavior). When restoring the previous version, it will move all files from the selected directory into a temporary directory, it will move the previous version files into the selected directory and it will move the temporary files into the previous_version directory. This means that restoring your previous version twice should bring you back exactly where you were.
I've tried pressing the "Restore Previous Version" button again but it does not appear to bring back the saved game I was playing.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 09:44:50 AM by Outcast »

Offline Outcast

• Zombie Food
  • Let's Survive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 01, 2017, 06:06:29 AM »
I think I've figured out my mistake.

After clicking "Restore Previous Version" I also clicked "Update Game" to bring the version of the game back up to the more recent release version.

The CDDA Game Launcher then replaced the game files and also the saved games being stored in the "Previous Version" directory with the ones that existed prior to the update. 

Thus I permanently replaced my more current saved games with the older ones from the last time I'd updated CDDA.

Although it is frustrating I don't think there is anything to be done about it except to start a new world and explore. ^_^

Offline Ember

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 15, 2017, 04:35:06 PM »
can we get a confirmation on the restore previous version button, or move it away from launch game? i keep on clicking it by accident

Offline TheKobold

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 07, 2017, 06:30:28 PM »
I can't update from 6736 to 6743. The launcher says the game is already up to date...

Offline Beetlecat

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 07, 2017, 08:31:29 PM »
The "available" builds are not catching up to the latest build (assuming you're selecting x64 Tiles?) The builds are failing-- switch to console and you'll see the numbers change to match.

Offline NuG

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 07, 2017, 08:34:13 PM »
I can't update from 6736 to 6743. The launcher says the game is already up to date...

I can't either, it seems the builds failed for Windows x64(64bit) and OSX, or something.If you click on x86(32bit) it will allow you to update to the current build, but I haven't tried that yet.

Edit: switching to console doesn't seem to allow me to update, only if I click on 32 bit.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 09:19:54 PM by NuG »

Offline TheKobold

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 08, 2017, 02:37:07 AM »
Eh... I'd rather stick with what I got rather than risk a fuck up by switching. I'll wait till they unfuck it.

Offline Dragometh

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 08, 2017, 11:38:12 AM »
I'm gonna download the version manually, and then wait till they unfuck the x64 version.

Offline youtoo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 21, 2017, 06:37:37 PM »
This should be on the main page as the recommended way to download the game.

Offline RipRoarinBoogerPenis

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 29, 2017, 01:09:49 AM »
Is there any way I can make launcher leave my mod folder alone? Every time I update I have to re-install pk's rebalance.

Offline Beetlecat

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 01, 2017, 08:05:42 AM »
My guess is to make sure you have the good version of PK Rebalance, delete it from the mods tab in the launcher, then manually re-add to the mod directory. The launcher (hopefully?) should ignore it.