Author Topic: CDDA Game Launcher (Automatic updates and more!)  (Read 27498 times)

Offline rremyroy

• NPC
    • View Profile
Re: CDDA Game Launcher (Automatic updates and more!)
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2016, 04:44:29 AM »
Does the launcher update its self?

The updateception is not completed yet.

Offline Malkeus

• Survivor
  • Master Necroposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2016, 05:56:09 AM »
Yo dawg, I heard you like updates! So I got you an update to update your updates while you update!

Offline TheKobold

• Survivor
  • A mischievous little draconic bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2016, 06:00:59 AM »
glorious XD

Offline rremyroy

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2016, 08:16:28 PM »
When you put the launcher in the same dir as the game then it craps out when you update the game.

I've added support for having the launcher in the same directory as your game. It will not be moved or copied away. It is in the last release.

Offline Malkeus

• Survivor
  • Master Necroposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2016, 09:21:58 PM »
I love it :)

edit: Works great!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 09:50:49 PM by Malkeus »

Offline Etherdreamer

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2016, 10:05:01 PM »
The tool is improving a lot, thanks for share it with us. But there is a more safe way to migrate the character with all his stats / knowledge  (and maybe one vehicle) to a new world without breaking something?

Offline Malkeus

• Survivor
  • Master Necroposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2016, 12:05:55 AM »
It's a bit of a pain...but I just delete the #Q files that don't end in .sav from the save directory. Then I find the map tiles that have been most recently modified by looking at the timestamps (not of the directories, of the files themselves) and delete everything else. That usually leaves me sitting at my base with all my things, but the world outside the immediate area is completely different.
Back up your save first, ymmv, I am not responsible for damage to you files or your dog dying because of attempting this...

Offline Miloch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2016, 01:43:02 AM »
I just kinda skimmed.  Sorry if this has already been asked.  Does it update itself too? :P
Really awesome idea, btw.
I'd suggest instead of just making a backup folder that you actually backup the entire thing to an archive file or some such. I usually was doing it manually with winrar.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 01:48:17 AM by Miloch »

Offline Etherdreamer

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2016, 02:56:09 AM »
I just kinda skimmed.  Sorry if this has already been asked.  Does it update itself too? :P
Really awesome idea, btw.
I'd suggest instead of just making a backup folder that you actually backup the entire thing to an archive file or some such. I usually was doing it manually with winrar.

In a future update, yeah.

Offline rremyroy

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2016, 04:03:46 AM »

It's slower to make a compressed backup of the whole game directory than just moving it in a sub directory. It also slow down the restore process. Backup for saves is a planned feature for the launcher.

Offline rremyroy

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2016, 05:36:29 AM »
The tool is improving a lot, thanks for share it with us. But there is a more safe way to migrate the character with all his stats / knowledge  (and maybe one vehicle) to a new world without breaking something?

That feels kinda bad or cheaty. If you want to avoid evolved monster, you should adjust your evolution scale option. The map should be big enough for plenty of fun without having to move your character to a new world. Starting a new character should be fun enough that you shouldn't have to move your character from an old world. There are plenty of way to start with an overpowered character with the debug menu or the initial points you can give yourself.

Offline Malkeus

• Survivor
  • Master Necroposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2016, 09:21:17 AM »
To

That feels kinda bad or cheaty. If you want to avoid evolved monster, you should adjust your evolution scale option. The map should be big enough for plenty of fun without having to move your character to a new world. Starting a new character should be fun enough that you shouldn't have to move your character from an old world. There are plenty of way to start with an overpowered character with the debug menu or the initial points you can give yourself.
Dang dude, he just asked a question. No need to get preachy.

Offline Zireael

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2016, 11:42:53 AM »
Backup for saves is a planned feature for the launcher.

I was going to ask if that'd be possible (I keep a manual backup in case my computer crashes), and you've already thought of that!

Offline rremyroy

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2016, 09:36:48 PM »
The launcher now includes a soundpacks manager. If you know a soundpack that should be included, let me know.

Offline 123nick

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2016, 07:18:46 AM »
why in the world is this fine piece of software left in the gameplay, tactics, and general discussion area, which this isnt? its not gameplay. tactics , or general discussion, shouldnt it be in the lab section of the forums?