Author Topic: The Forgotten Races (Alpha Released, Download Available)  (Read 7642 times)

Offline WIndburns

• NPC
  • I Squeeze Cats!
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Races (Alpha Released, Download Available)
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2016, 08:23:31 PM »
Out of the forgotten races, which value gold more so to join you.  I usually play low intelligence convict builds so I have no use for diamonds or gold aside from trading with npcs.

Edit:  That could be a questline for the fantasy races is to plunder the riches in each town and city, because they don't want to go toe to toe with brutes, etc.  Maybe the same race trades with itself.  Become fantasy Indiana Jones or Patches from FromSoftware.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 08:27:42 PM by WIndburns »
The main difference is we focus on content and internal systems

Offline WIndburns

• NPC
  • I Squeeze Cats!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2016, 08:37:49 PM »
(if it's possible) win favor over certain races by warding off attacks through an npc dialogue.  "Oh no! Kabolds everywhere, battle stations men!"
The main difference is we focus on content and internal systems

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Laughing at death: the answer to impossible
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2017, 09:50:33 PM »
(if it's possible) win favor over certain races by warding off attacks through an npc dialogue.  "Oh no! Kabolds everywhere, battle stations men!"

I had been thinking along similar lines.

(this thread definitely needs reviving if noctifier has taken over resurrecting it.
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline Rot

• Survivor
  • Fresh like my groceries.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2017, 07:49:13 PM »
I love the fantasy genre so much, and immerse myself with it a lot. But I'd first like to say that I like litppunk's ideas and views. It actually gives a good insight or base to work with.

Anyway, a lore explanation of ghosts, spirits, phantoms, etc. could be that the "natural" 'flow' of this world (a disturbance in the force, lol) meaning, time and space not to mention reality has convoluted so that things that were dead with a strong will could disrupt the "natural" of the world and anchor themselves as a "force". This being said, it technically could also mean that the dead aka ghosts are pretty much in a state of "semi-reality" where they don't exist but at the same time they do exist.

But that being said, I don't think that spirits should all be hostile, hell, maybe you could form a "contract" with them in exchange for supernatural powers on par with mages.

Also, I think those with an inclination to magic would drain their "mana" from different sources, and have a limited amount of uses. Normal mages draw from the atmosphere, but those with a more darker inclination would draw from living things. I'm thinking you could even have those who are more inclined to a certain element, dark, light, fire, water, etc.

Some are blessed to be able to use all elements, some have a massive mana pool, while those who can only use one type excel in that, or those with a low mana pool learn to use their mana more efficiently. However, those with no inclination towards magic can't use magic that can be projected outward of their bodies, but maybe they can enhance their own physical and mental abilities instead.

I like to think of a "gate" those with gates, one can use mana to project magic through their gate outward into the world. However, those who lack a gate cannot project mana outwards, but can only manifest it inward. So those with a massive mana pool but no gate could simply be a great warrior. However, here's where spirits come in. Those who are in a contract with spirits can use THEIR gates, or simply themselves as a medium to project their powers. Of course, those with no magical inclination or mana capacity whatsoever could still use the spirits powers instead.

I'm thinking of more stuff to add, but it's 3:48 am and texting all this out is tiring.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Laughing at death: the answer to impossible
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2017, 11:21:34 PM »
hmm, that would probably mean that ghosts and spirits fall into a natural (anti natural?) and magic category.

Edit: btw, Ive been told my idea was similar to shadowrun. Anyone have an opinion on the best way to devour  shadowrun lore for thought? Ive been told to read the rulebooks. Anything else?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 11:23:39 PM by Litppunk »
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline Rot

• Survivor
  • Fresh like my groceries.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2017, 03:29:31 PM »
Most likely, yeah. I took a quick look at shadowrun but your ideas look really similar to the tabletop game, minus the fact that this is pretty much a mod.

I hope with all the fantasy stuff we can get dragons in caves or even more HP lovecraft stuff.