Author Topic: Coolthulhu's patches  (Read 1216 times)

Offline RipRoarinBoogerPenis

• NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Coolthulhu's patches
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2017, 05:51:36 AM »
any chance to make a mod/patch for normal experimental branch that fixes accuracy?
Nope. One of the reasons coolthulhu's patched version exists is because Kevin won't allow these fixes to happen in the mainline.

The patch/mod doesn't have to be included in main line, just hosted somewhere for download until they get their shit straight.

Offline Coolthulhu

• Contributor
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2017, 11:38:50 AM »
Firstly, when you say accuracy changes does this mean the utterly nonsensical short effective range of rifles and other firearms is fixed?
Secondly, will this have any issues if i install it on an existing save?
Thirdly, if the answer to question 1 is yes, why will Kevin not accept this change in master? These weapon ranges aren't realistic and they certainly aren't fun,  so why are they enforced?

Yes
No
He wants the implementation to be done his way and considers that more important than what players want.

Offline saltmummy626

• Survivor
  • Lord of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2017, 02:40:09 PM »
The patch/mod doesn't have to be included in main line, just hosted somewhere for download until they get their shit straight.
No one is going to "get their shit straight" because Kevin:
wants the implementation to be done his way and considers that more important than what players want.

In other words, no fun allowed.
I had a great dream that I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.

Offline Wyzack

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2017, 03:26:00 PM »
Has he given any reasoning as to why? I am not looking to stir up drama that has since settled or anything but as-is most guns are pseudo melee weapons until you get your skill to outrageous levels, like 13-14. It is nonsensical and not fun

Online Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2017, 05:27:04 PM »
Thirdly, if the answer to question 1 is yes, why will Kevin not accept this change in master? These weapon ranges aren't realistic and they certainly aren't fun,  so why are they enforced?
Because it's not a balance change, its a set of changes that overhauled (and broke) a lot of ranged code internally that happened to also be bundled with a lot of balance changes.  Since it was implemented and merged without the balance tests I requested, it was not feasible to revert the breakage without also reverting the balance changes.  Im currently working on adding the balance tests, and that will serve as a way to keep ranged balance from regressing in the future.
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire
I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems. -Nighthawk
The the giant wasp is slammed through the zombie brute!

Offline Wyzack

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2017, 05:37:59 PM »
That makes sense. Either way I am glad this is available as a patch. Kinda sucks that people get so steamed up about this stuff