Author Topic: PK's Rebalancing Mod  (Read 84829 times)

Offline darktoes

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Re: PK's Rebalancing Mod
« Reply #1020 on: May 27, 2017, 03:40:39 AM »
Maybe it's just me, but the PRM marine armor set seems to be a bit weak. It seems to fall somewhere between heavy and medium survivor gear in terms of protection, but usually has more encumbrance than the heavy set, and not nearly as much bash/cut protection, though it does pretty well in environmental/acid protection. Personally, I think the protection should be raised in all fields and the encumbrance lowered, considering that it's high end, pre-cataclysm military gear that's fairly difficult to refit/repair. Possibly also add electrical protection.

Offline Rysith

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: May 28, 2017, 02:20:00 AM »
Maybe it's just me, but the PRM marine armor set seems to be a bit weak. It seems to fall somewhere between heavy and medium survivor gear in terms of protection, but usually has more encumbrance than the heavy set, and not nearly as much bash/cut protection, though it does pretty well in environmental/acid protection. Personally, I think the protection should be raised in all fields and the encumbrance lowered, considering that it's high end, pre-cataclysm military gear that's fairly difficult to refit/repair. Possibly also add electrical protection.

Unless I'm misremembering, the marine armor is an outer-layer item, which means you should be comparing it to the survivor trenchcoat or similar, not the survivor gear. That said, I do find that polyplastic equipment is a bit encumbering for what it is - increasing it's protective qualities[1], either with or without a reduction in material thickness to keep protection the same while reducing encumbrance, might be in order.

[1] As it stands, it's only slightly more protective than regular plastic

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • So Noble he farts Helium
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: May 28, 2017, 02:28:19 AM »
You guys may not want my opinion of survivor armor ...

I can look to reduce the encumbrance, but I purposely designed it to not be as protective as heavy magicite armor.
  The layered plastic is not kevlar, though, and is designed with enviornmental protections in mind, since the idea is that they were designed to combat hellfires.  Who, btw, do not do a lot of raw ranged damage.  The danger of their ranged attacks are the special effects associated with their chosen elements and the pain/slowing caused allowing them to close to melee.

Offline darktoes

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: May 28, 2017, 05:27:09 AM »
Yeah, that makes sense, and I understand why you don't like survivor armor. My only issue is that I simply can't justify wearing it considering that it's so heavily encumbering and doesn't have that much protection. Looking at some of the base game items; a hazmat suit has 20 Env, rubber boots have 12 Env, and most other reasonably protective items have somewhere between 2 and 4. I'd expect around 10ish Environmental for most of the PRM gear, if you're going for an environmental protection emphasis.

It's also quite strange how the set is layered, seems like some parts are missing or redundant.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: May 28, 2017, 12:10:36 PM »
there is:

- jumpsuit
- torso
- head
- arms, weak point
- legs
- boots

- pseudo PA suit

Offline darktoes

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: May 28, 2017, 01:11:20 PM »
there is:

- jumpsuit
- torso
- head
- arms, weak point
- legs
- boots

- pseudo PA suit
Yes, however the jumpsuit and sleeves are both in the skintight layer, which is redundant, while the torso armor and boots are both outer, which means you need to find a normal layer item for the hands, torso, arms and feet. I'm just being pedantic really, but it seems like there should be a 'shirt' and some sort of gauntlets. Maybe even socks.
You could just add a PRM Marine fatigue shirt. No real protection, but matches the rest of the set. You could even give it the fancy tag.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: June 07, 2017, 11:45:22 PM »
New version.

Updated for steel spear and pipe spear.  You need the new version to use it without it popping errors.

Offline TeeEight888

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: June 19, 2017, 04:20:37 PM »
Hey so, I made a mod to remove the spiders from the basegame (The spider pit included). I'm wondering, is it possible for me to edit my mod and blacklists the spiders this mod adds? Sorry, arachnophobia is a vicious jerk and I like the mod but good god does this mod make them seem scarier from what i've read of the json file.

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: June 19, 2017, 06:55:26 PM »
Just add said spiders to the monster blacklist in the modinfo.json of the mod.
May mother Venus guide us all!

...Noctifer's incredibly loot bloated Survivor Emcampments™...

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: July 01, 2017, 10:17:13 PM »
Been a while since Ive played.

Nerfed down the health loss for being too cold and reduced the paralyzing poison's effects.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: July 01, 2017, 10:20:14 PM »
Anybody got comments about the loot spawns for my own buildings since the change to item spawn chance?

Too much?  Little?
  Lets iron those out.

Offline RipRoarinBoogerPenis

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: July 04, 2017, 12:08:31 AM »
I've only been in your doom tower and castle, haven't hit a lab yet. I think they're ok as it is.

Offline EnDSchultz

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: July 12, 2017, 01:54:19 AM »
Quote from: pisskop
Anybody got comments about the loot spawns for my own buildings since the change to item spawn chance?

Not sure I can help with that. I've found loot spawns overall to be frustratingly scarce since they "bugfixed" the spawn chance to WAD, so especially with the higher difficulty of these mods, I've upped my loot spawn to 1.5x. I'm also playing with Cata++ and the associated patch so I can't be sure which buildings are yours and which belong to the other mod... All I can say is that I've been fairly happy with my loot spawns at 1.5x; I'm a greedy SOB.

Also, it occurs to me that in the latest version I haven't seen a single spitter zombie. I've seen acidic and maybe corrosive. Is this an intended change or have the spitters somehow been accidentally purged from the spawn list?