Author Topic: PK's Rebalancing Mod  (Read 98204 times)

Offline Arkenstone

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Re: PK's Rebalancing Mod
« Reply #1035 on: July 27, 2017, 06:21:36 PM »
Ah, okay, my apologies.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: July 27, 2017, 06:35:50 PM »
why?

Youve done nothing wrong ...  :/

But the suggestions are good.  i like them.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: July 28, 2017, 07:32:32 PM »
added apis to the beehive center
fixed the cdda launcher now properly recognizing my version number
tweaked numbers in general, including some from the above posts.

Offline Arkenstone

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: July 30, 2017, 01:06:50 AM »
Holy crap, giant cellar spiders.

I had found a katana early and was feeling pretty confident.

First attempt: I brought my katana. I thought I had decent armor, but even one bite from the spiders that got into my bloodstream put my character down to 2 strength. Somehow he struggled and managed get out alive. It was a chancy thing.

Second attempt: I brought my katana, and a shotgun for backup. I chugged methacola. I had armor on everything, I thought I should be fine, right? Hell, no.

I've heard that shotguns make easy work of spiders. Well, they did, in a way.  But not if the spiders move at very high speeds, skittering in to rip me away. Desperately as I retreated out of the cellar, abandoning my cart with my modded guns and everything, I drew the katana and managed to barely get out, somehow killing two spiders while they were pulling off like 4-5 attacks each on me per my attack. I was dying of poison, with torso HP at the final bar, but just managed to reach my base in time. I figured, why not give royal jelly a try?

It worked. I lived.

Third attempt: Fuck fighting them. I went in with gas canisters and fumigated the entire place with toxic gas. The few who annoyed me got 00 shot, as I had now ripped off the attachments from my modded guns and put it all on the Mossberg. Die of poison, the way that God intended spiders to die. DIE. JUST DIE.

Pretty memorable, all around. Didn't get any super special loot, but the dead spiders and eggs should be worth something.  Its oddly satisfying standing amid the wreck of dozens of bug guts, shotgun hulls, and the remains of toxic gas. Damn spiders.

PS: No chitin. They spite me to the last.  I'll remember them when I make smoothies out of their babies.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 01:22:20 AM by Arkenstone »

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: July 30, 2017, 03:23:13 PM »
gcs are Dodgey.

ill nerf back their damage, but they can pierce layered cotton.

they have more issues with leather

Offline Arkenstone

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: July 30, 2017, 07:20:28 PM »
They should take extra damage from toxic clouds. Its pretty flavorful at the notion of insects being unable to handle airborne toxins, their bodies being designed in a way where no natural filtration happens at all.

Offline nameless

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: August 03, 2017, 02:37:39 AM »
Guard cyborgs at lab just annoying.
despite its energy launchers cooldown is slow, ONE-SHOT is enough to Kill most survivors.
in lab, likely to face that at close quarter, then they shot it. And likely to See "Press X to accept your fate..."
i know it sometimes mutters "i am zulubeta... balala" but it isnt that loud, so need clyovence artifact or spamming Control laptop at every room for safe travel at lab.. which makes them annoying. also they dont emit light.

just its hard to expect where it is the problem.
or make them dont shot instantly when players face it...
Unless you intended to make it for Yet another annoying death or for players annoyance
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 09:20:58 AM by nameless »

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: August 03, 2017, 03:11:23 AM »
I want to make them have to aim, but the mechanics for that are bad.

I can up the noise factor

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: August 09, 2017, 05:05:47 PM »
despite its energy launchers cooldown is slow, ONE-SHOT is enough to Kill most survivors.
in lab, likely to face that at close quarter, then they shot it. And likely to See "Press X to accept your fate..."
i know it sometimes mutters "i am zulubeta... balala" but it isnt that loud, so need clyovence artifact or spamming Control laptop at every room for safe travel at lab.. which makes them annoying. also they dont emit light.

Unless you intended to make it for Yet another annoying death or for players annoyance

Okay.  Ive nerfed their accuracy as much as I can without messing with the corresponding player cbm (they actually use the cbm weapon).

Additionally, they only target enemies from 4-13 tiles away.  Closing in or backing off will eliminate this.  Their night vision is 5 as well, so sneaking up on them isnt too bad.  They take 300 move points to fire.

Update will come before 130p today.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: August 09, 2017, 06:00:38 PM »
To recap, 5.3.5:

- less unhealth
- less aquarium fert use
- Improved 'spess plastic', and lowered the encumbrance of prm marine stuff.  thus its more protective and less cumbersome.
- made cellar spiders less bashy and stabby and more dodgey.

Offline RipRoarinBoogerPenis

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: August 10, 2017, 02:46:32 AM »
noice, just what I wanted to see after getting home from a double! Keep up the good work!

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: August 10, 2017, 04:32:30 AM »
so i went to test out the armor in a doomlab start....

omgwtfysb what did they do to low skill gun using?  that manhack was unpewable.

second...
>.>
<.<

i found a cyberdemon in the lab.  scary.

Offline nameless

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: August 13, 2017, 12:00:03 PM »

Okay.  Ive nerfed their accuracy as much as I can without messing with the corresponding player cbm (they actually use the cbm weapon).

Additionally, they only target enemies from 4-13 tiles away.  Closing in or backing off will eliminate this.  Their night vision is 5 as well, so sneaking up on them isnt too bad.  They take 300 move points to fire.

Update will come before 130p today.

thanks!

Offline Vollinger

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: August 19, 2017, 02:56:41 AM »
howdy pk, latest git build throws out an error:
3:53:11.93 : src/main_menu.cpp:836 [bool main_menu::load_character_tab()] Error: data/mods//PKs_Rebalancing//pk_overmap_terrain.json: line 11:17: invalid overmap terrain flag: "ALLOW_OVERRIDE"

probably related to this api change
https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/19376#issuecomment-322052656

Offline teapot156

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: August 19, 2017, 01:55:27 PM »
howdy pk, latest git build throws out an error:
3:53:11.93 : src/main_menu.cpp:836 [bool main_menu::load_character_tab()] Error: data/mods//PKs_Rebalancing//pk_overmap_terrain.json: line 11:17: invalid overmap terrain flag: "ALLOW_OVERRIDE"

probably related to this api change
https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/19376#issuecomment-322052656

Getting this error as well. Just updated.