Author Topic: PK's Rebalancing Mod  (Read 129581 times)

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
Re: PK's Rebalancing Mod
« Reply #1155 on: October 18, 2017, 04:18:17 AM »
Its an awful pain because I myself dont have the android port.  Ill see if I cant download it.  I think there my be some disparity with the ports and their syntax requirements.

Offline veedanya

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: October 18, 2017, 08:09:56 AM »
Does this mod crank up the reproduction rate of mobs? I went down into a lab for not even a single day, and come back up to the surface to find literally hundreds if not thousands of ants. Where there wasn't even a single ant seen the day before. It's not even a balancing issue anymore. The game lags to such an extreme that it takes 30-60 real-world minutes to have a night's sleep in that location.

I know this mod cranks up the difficulty of mobs, so I'm wondering if frequency of mob-spawners or how fast they each spawn mobs.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: October 18, 2017, 12:49:53 PM »
Ants .... can do that.

No, to answer your question.  I did not make them respawn.  Yes, it is possible for ants to repopulate an area.  All major factions of the coregame can repopulate.  Sounds like a bug though.

Offline veedanya

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: October 18, 2017, 07:54:54 PM »
Is there any chance you modified spawn rate by adding more mobs to the spawn table?

For example, introducing a larger number of egg-layers to the possible creatures that can hatch from eggs?  Or allowing queens to hatch from eggs where they normally couldn't? Or even egg-producing rates?

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: October 18, 2017, 08:09:47 PM »
Yes, there are ways for queens to spawn.

If you didnt see any ants before, it makes no sense for them to be there now.  Unless you missed a queen.  Which is hard to do.

Set fire to the place.

Offline veedanya

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: October 18, 2017, 09:25:50 PM »
Yes, it's quite possible I missed a queen. But going from an insignificant number to 1500-2500 ants (I used the console to check game state to count) in a single day is far too excessive nonetheless. The huge slowdown in game performance pushes past the point of "really hard" all the way to "frustrating enough to make you quit".

It's not the first time either. Ants spawn so fast that if they appear on map while you're sleeping, it's usually too late to reasonably wipe them out by the time you take up. Unless maybe you're willing to waste tons of rare and valuable ordnance in exchange for meat and chitin. Which is usually isn't.

So when you see ants, you just have to leave the area to escape the lag. For me, they're nothing but an area denial weapon... but if that was the case, radiation can do the same with a ton less lag.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: October 18, 2017, 09:30:18 PM »
your spawn rate is 1.00?

Offline veedanya

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: October 19, 2017, 08:18:03 PM »
No changes to any monster settings. Though I do have multiple Z-levels on, which is why ants could appear where there were none after a day underground in the lab.

Offline ragamer

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: October 21, 2017, 09:08:51 AM »
Since experimental build 6869, I'm getting this critical error:

Code: [Select]
9:3:57.978 : src/main_menu.cpp:615 [bool main_menu::new_character_tab()] Error: data/mods//PKs_Rebalancing-master//pk_regional_settings.json: line 134:28: city: "houses": { ... } required for default

"type": "town",
        "shop_radius": 80,              "//": "determine radial frequency of shops / parks / houses for towns. tldr: less means more",
        "park_radius": 130,
                           ^
                                        "//": "this is not a cut and dry % but rather an inverse voodoo number; rng(0,99) > VOODOO * distance / citysize;",
        "parks": {                  "//": "weighted list for park overmap terrains",
          "park": 4,

9:4:10.168 : Log shutdown.

Is any1 else having the same with experimentals after 6868?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, PK mod version is the latest release from github at the time of this post (5.5.8)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 09:11:29 AM by ragamer »

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: October 21, 2017, 03:00:06 PM »
Fixxeded

https://github.com/pisskop/PKs_Rebalancing/releases/tag/5.5.9

Sorry guys.  I work 2 jobs now and I have issues keeping up on it, but it looks like they spammed some updates in a cluster, which I appreicate.

Offline ragamer

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: October 22, 2017, 10:26:17 AM »
Pisskop... Modders like you provide hours of fun for a lot of ppl... But that doesn't mean you have to feel obligued to do it. I just did a precisse report just in case was a weird combo of mods in my case...

... Sorry if it looked like somekind of urgent request or anything... I was just trying to be precisse so, when you had the time, you could spot fast which build triggered the error. In the future I will be more careful in the way I report things.

...Excellent mods like yours deserve a Main Game version rollback :)... Not the other way around. I just rollbacked to 6868 while waiting :).
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 10:29:36 AM by ragamer »

Offline Saeldanya

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: November 01, 2017, 03:13:26 PM »
Hey, does the above version work with the latest main game version? I'd reeeeeally love to play this mod. <3

Offline nick0010

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: November 01, 2017, 03:35:32 PM »
The listed version should work with the latest experimental perfectly. Or pretty close to perfectly.