Author Topic: PK's Rebalancing Mod  (Read 84940 times)

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
Re: PK's Rebalancing Mod
« Reply #870 on: March 06, 2017, 08:36:30 PM »
We love you anyway. XP

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • So Noble he farts Helium
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 07, 2017, 02:10:02 AM »
Here we are

https://github.com/pisskop/PKs_Rebalancing/tree/3.0.9a

Ive made some more changes wrt to the custom attacks, such as having a better understanding of their working and adding a stronger version of 'claw'.
Ive added wasps the need to attack specially to inject you.  Probs less lethal now.
Ive buffed up the thing.  I want some kind of feedback wrt THE THING and AMIGARAs,  pls.
This works with the latest expies
Armored zombies got a small extra.
Some more attempts at mutated wildlife.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 02:16:14 AM by pisskop »

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 07, 2017, 08:30:21 PM »
https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/blob/503c0ccd7ac2b002eb37b609d9a8a3a66c8a0380/src/computer.cpp#L342

mine.  That can be louder now.

Assuming that wandering hordes =/= infinite
then we can use this to draw them into an area and flee them.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 07, 2017, 10:15:43 PM »
Added a health bonus to antibiotics.  They will (relatively significantly) bump up your h_mod stat and will carry a chance of addiction ala some kind of germophobia thing.

Reminder that I have made medical tape good for making bandages.  5 meditapes for 3 bandages, and 100 in a stack.  thats a lot of bandaging.

Offline Zhilkin

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 08, 2017, 04:43:09 PM »
Added a health bonus to antibiotics.  They will (relatively significantly) bump up your h_mod stat and will carry a chance of addiction ala some kind of germophobia thing.

Reminder that I have made medical tape good for making bandages.  5 meditapes for 3 bandages, and 100 in a stack.  thats a lot of bandaging.
Antibiotics are bad for health actually

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: March 08, 2017, 04:53:03 PM »
They are worthless as far as comestibles go.

How should I make them?

Offline NoriSilverrage

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: March 08, 2017, 05:38:02 PM »
First time using your mod and I may have run into a bug or something.

I started with the really bad day challenge (and most of your suggested settings) and thought I had gotten really lucky with my initial spot. Right next to a grocery store with a few functional carts. Loaded up the food, looted a house and found some basic clothing and weapons. Then went north to look for a "safe" secluded spot. Well I ran into a whole gaggle of doom creatures. Reverants, Hell Knights, a Mancubus, Demons, Lost Souls and Imps..

For a lowly person hauling a shopping cart around and wearing random crap, the Reverant, hell knight and Mancubus seemed pretty rough.
I died horribly, started a new guy, happened to spawn in the same town and then died from a Mancubus. Figured I'd look em up on the wiki and it says there that they shouldn't be spawning early on. Thus this post.

Should a character just a few hours in be seeing Doom creatures?

Offline Cringe

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: March 08, 2017, 10:28:49 PM »
First time using your mod and I may have run into a bug or something.

I started with the really bad day challenge (and most of your suggested settings) and thought I had gotten really lucky with my initial spot. Right next to a grocery store with a few functional carts. Loaded up the food, looted a house and found some basic clothing and weapons. Then went north to look for a "safe" secluded spot. Well I ran into a whole gaggle of doom creatures. Reverants, Hell Knights, a Mancubus, Demons, Lost Souls and Imps..

For a lowly person hauling a shopping cart around and wearing random crap, the Reverant, hell knight and Mancubus seemed pretty rough.
I died horribly, started a new guy, happened to spawn in the same town and then died from a Mancubus. Figured I'd look em up on the wiki and it says there that they shouldn't be spawning early on. Thus this post.

Should a character just a few hours in be seeing Doom creatures?

You may have spawned near a Doom Castle or something of the like.

Offline NoriSilverrage

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 08, 2017, 10:30:25 PM »
Oh lucky me. That would explain it though. Those Mancubus guys are really nasty. Not a lot I could do with my skimpy shotgun.

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: March 08, 2017, 10:33:19 PM »
I would assume Doom castles are unmarked on the map, like bandit camps?

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 08, 2017, 11:45:51 PM »
Not at all.  Theyre clear as day red.  But if you dont know where they are or what they look like or know the general radius they can spawn in ...

Those spires, the city ones, have a radius of a few city blocks.
The castles are a little smaller than ant hills.
The labs are like 2 tiles.

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 08, 2017, 11:49:13 PM »
Not at all.  Theyre clear as day red.  But if you dont know where they are or what they look like or know the general radius they can spawn in ...

Those spires, the city ones, have a radius of a few city blocks.
The castles are a little smaller than ant hills.
The labs are like 2 tiles.

It is terrifying. D:

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: March 08, 2017, 11:51:11 PM »
t'was inevitable.

Added new release
https://github.com/pisskop/PKs_Rebalancing

This is adding 2 new attacks.  Plus one you may not have known about.  and there are a few floating around that are creature-specific.

- Scratch is a popular attack that will hit a random body part.  This includes your mouth, eyes, hands, and feet as well as those with proper hp.  This can damage armor there and circumvent your strong armor to find weak spots you may have taken for granted, like your eyeballs or your fingers.

- Slash is an attack that will cause bleeding for a time when it hits.  Its (typically) harder hitting than scratch, but won't hit non-hp parts.

-  'Hammer' is a bashy attack that will stun you for a short period, about 1-3 turns.  Getting hammered will impede but not negate your ability to melee and will prevent you from running.  Because you'll be stunned and dizzy.

This also buffs the Nether-portal spawns and adds in the 4 ninja turtles and master splinter to the game in the sewers as a rare spawn.

P:

For sanity's sake Ive nerfed the flaming eye's vision down to 40 or 30 or somewhere around there.

30 tiles at day or night.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 11:53:54 PM by pisskop »

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 08, 2017, 11:56:02 PM »
Oh lucky me. That would explain it though. Those Mancubus guys are really nasty. Not a lot I could do with my skimpy shotgun.

Sorry about that.  It was that way, but then we added in the ability for doomguy starts inside the places.  Now they can.  But its not all bad.

they only spawn in rare locations, they have a limited radius they can spawn in, and they cannot smell.  Though they have better night vision than zeds, its usually less than 10 tiles.  So fleeing into the dark fast enough can work.

Offline NoriSilverrage

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 09, 2017, 03:59:58 AM »

Sorry about that.  It was that way, but then we added in the ability for doomguy starts inside the places.  Now they can.  But its not all bad.

they only spawn in rare locations, they have a limited radius they can spawn in, and they cannot smell.  Though they have better night vision than zeds, its usually less than 10 tiles.  So fleeing into the dark fast enough can work.
Oh no biggie. I haven't played the game in a while so I'm making dumb mistakes. So, stay away from doom guys for now is what I've learned.. :)