Author Topic: PK's Rebalancing Mod  (Read 153919 times)

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
Re: PK's Rebalancing Mod
« Reply #735 on: January 04, 2017, 09:50:19 PM »
PKs got youtube audio now

So ...  ... I ever tell you I hate the sound of my voice?

Offline KliPeH

• Survivor
  • Master of Savescumming
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: January 05, 2017, 11:24:43 AM »
PKs got youtube audio now

"I will be playing with curses, or no tilesets [...]"

A let's-player who doesn't use poorly drawn tilesets appealing to 6 year olds who don't have the attention span to figure ASCII out? DAE NOT LE GET LE KEYBOARD GRAPHIKS XDDDDDDD?DXDXdxd?!!?!
Holy fuck. This might be the first playthrough of CDDA that not only do I actually finish watching, but also one I bloody well enjoy watching to begin with. I have been waiting for this moment for so long. The last time I've watched someone play CDDA with tilesets disabled was SilverDragon, and that was nearly 4 years ago. Congratulations. You're my hero and the savior of this community.

Excellent color palette, by the way. Mind sharing the color picker settings/necessary files to make the change? Unless every non-Windows build look like that, in which case I actually wanna know how to do this for my own game running on Windows 7.

Since this doesn't seem like a temporary showcase of a mod but rather a full playthrough, here's a couple of small criticisms you might wanna take note of for future videos:
  • Your voice is superb. I'd gladly listen to it has it been any other playthrough. The only problem is your microphone; there's audible white noise in the background, and the lack of pop filter really hurts my ears when 'P' and 'S' sounds happen to come off as too loud. Furthermore, try breathing through your nose and not talking to a point of running out of breath because, whether the mic is very sensitive and picks it up too easily or you're too close to it, it's a tiny bit unpleasant to hear. It's not a problem with shorter videos, but when you're expected to sit through 40 minutes of this, it starts being a little ridiculous. Consider using Audacity to clean the BG noise and perhaps reduce the effects of the popping where feasible.
  • Your taskbar is really distracting me. It breaks my immersion with your character and your playthrough, even in fullscreen YouTube mode. Consider either fullscreening your own game, or cutting the bottom part off in your recording window/video editing software. Even if you do keep it on, please organize it and close tabs you're not going to use. I know it's nit-picky but people probably watch these to be immersed in a new world with a new personality, one of which the taskbar ruins.

Other than that, truly well made videos. Not only does the game actually look phenomenally well the way you set it up, but you're also providing good information when talking about the stuff you do as you play. Well done! Have a view, have a like, have a subscribe and have a good day!

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 01:27:56 PM by KliPeH »

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: January 05, 2017, 06:37:48 PM »
May Lay Dee?
Asskeys

Offline Grandpuh Ty

• NPC
  • Lowly Cowherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: January 05, 2017, 10:39:26 PM »
-snip-

Which tilesets are those? I wanna use poorly drawn ones! All the ones around here look too good :C

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: January 06, 2017, 03:05:15 AM »
Maybe somebody who reads this thread will have an answer.

Im trying to clip together 2 clips plus the audacity output audio files of these videos into one video before I upload it.

since youtube apparently wont accept raw audio files for upload and combining on their little editty thingy.

Ive tried a bunch of programs, but most wont compile the video, and will crash or spit out error abouts all/all media being incorrect.

I dont really know of a recourse, but I cant seem to find a simple way to do it to it.

Offline Skeptopotamus

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: January 06, 2017, 03:46:12 AM »
I can't seem to get this mod to work properly. I got a fresh install of 0.C and only downloaded the PK rebalance mod (the core download did not include it) and the PRM++ Patch. I get these error messages when I try to enter a world with either or both of those mods enabled. I'm not enabling any other mods besides these two. Once I'm actually in the world, there are absolutely no creatures at all. What gives?

(click to show/hide)

Offline ZenZen2

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: January 06, 2017, 12:38:49 PM »
Does anyone know how long evolution is going when not changing the start setting (evolution 4.00 and one season 14days)
How many Years until the evolution is finished?

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: January 06, 2017, 12:45:55 PM »
0.C is incompatible with the mod

it needs to be an experimental, and a recent one

Offline Skeptopotamus

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: January 07, 2017, 07:21:28 AM »
0.C is incompatible with the mod

it needs to be an experimental, and a recent one

The latest experimental version gives me similar errors. I did delete the game's built in PK_Rebalance folder then dropped the latest version of PK_Rebalancing into the mods folder! Below are examples of the the error messages.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Oragepoilu

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: January 07, 2017, 10:39:59 AM »
Hi,

I got the exact same error but I'm not here to talk about that.

-Using latest exp, and mod version, along cata++ and prm patch

How I can kill squig ? I'm doing a sheltered start (the one underground), but as soon as I step outside there is very often 2-3 squig right here, waiting for me.

Can't burn them' (no space or else I burn myself too), can't kill them (they heal them self) and can't avoid them (block the path, and fallow me). Gun, if I'm lucky, can eventually get trough them, but I end badly wounded, infected, bleeding, and no way to find what is needed to save me as I'm too much low life/slowed by pain.

Maybe I'm missing something about the healing capacity ? Couldn't find any info on it. They should be fungal, but even after I use debug function to map the surrounding I can't see anything funguns related that could spawn them. Didn't played for some time, so I don't really know what should I do beside restart a lot and hope, or don't use this cool mod.

Offline Nibelung44

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: January 07, 2017, 01:27:49 PM »
Hi PK!

I got irradiated to 650 because I dwelled in a radioactive basement with a damaged Hazmat suit! No, not complaining about rads this time, I have now learnt that damaged items don't protect completely :-)

I'm now down to 520 in one hours, because I took 'horse medicine', i.e:
2 vitamins
2 aqua. fertilizers
1 prussian blue
1 honey + 2 waxes

Now, perhaps I have overdone the anti-rads, so ... can you tell me what these items do, in term of potency and duration (just 'mild' etc. is enough) and did I went too far?

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: January 07, 2017, 02:22:45 PM »
Over time.

Take them every 3-4 hours.  A max of 3 at a time.

Im going to have to figure out how these errors are appearing.  Ive started a LP thing with a fresh install of the game (and thus my own mod) and I  had no such issues.  So I know its not the mod itself.

Offline Chezzo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: January 07, 2017, 02:37:41 PM »
I hear you can also eat clay to stop being radiated. Neat addition, PK.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: January 07, 2017, 04:47:56 PM »
I just downloaded the mod and replaced my own version and ran a new  game just fine.

Are you guys downloading the mod from github?  Dropbox?  The CDDA Launcher?

https://github.com/pisskop/PKs_Rebalancing

This link is the one I used for this.

Offline Skeptopotamus

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: January 07, 2017, 05:16:50 PM »
I just downloaded the mod and replaced my own version and ran a new  game just fine.

Are you guys downloading the mod from github?  Dropbox?  The CDDA Launcher?

https://github.com/pisskop/PKs_Rebalancing

This link is the one I used for this.

Still getting the same error after fresh installing the most recent experimental build and using your linked copy of the mod... Before I was downloading the mod from the "LATEST DOWNLOAD LINK" provided in the OP.

Thanks for taking the time to do some troubleshooting with this btw, it's really cool how active and helpful people are in this game's community.