Author Topic: PK's Rebalancing Mod  (Read 74903 times)

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • So Noble he farts Helium
    • View Profile
Re: PK's Rebalancing Mod
« Reply #990 on: May 16, 2017, 09:16:04 AM »
they dont fight one another.

zeds dont fight insects in coregame

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: May 16, 2017, 10:05:26 AM »
I noticed that the fast healer trait has a different description as the one in main, did you alter it in any way?
lol i see now.

yes it is altered.

however, mechanically the trait acts the same.
.002 awake
.005 sleeping

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: May 16, 2017, 07:04:06 PM »
I noticed that the fast healer trait has a different description as the one in main, did you alter it in any way?
lol i see now.

yes it is altered.

however, mechanically the trait acts the same.
.002 awake
.005 sleeping
Good to know, it was mostly the mechanics that concerned me.
May mother Venus guide us all!

...Noctifer's incredibly loot bloated Survivor Emcampments™...

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: May 19, 2017, 11:31:19 PM »
New Version

Adds in the strange cabin redux on top of the other additions since a last 'big' update.

Offline Taberone

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: May 21, 2017, 03:18:05 AM »
Fought a Jabberwock for a NPC, got maimed to near-death, but killed the Jabberwock. After fighting my way back to the NPC, I noticed that I had 419 radiation. Are Jabberwocks radioactive?
Something like 15:00-18:00 is good time to kill the children
This is art right here

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: May 21, 2017, 03:37:48 AM »
their attacks are, but i was under the assumption youd get faceclawed to death or kill it before you got that much radiation.

i can nerf that. 

Offline Taberone

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: May 21, 2017, 04:38:41 AM »
I survived getting faceclawed with only a silver of health left, and then I immediately got zapped to death by a shocker zombie right after. At least the radiation didn't get me.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 04:54:16 AM by Taberone »
Something like 15:00-18:00 is good time to kill the children
This is art right here

Offline darktoes

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: May 21, 2017, 06:02:09 AM »
I don't really know if it's this mod or another, but I suspect this one since it's the main one I've added since my last game. The issue is my health. No matter what I do it seems to continually drop like a rock. At one point it was at -300 and every night my health bars would drop to one / while I slept. I think that was caused by a rough summer where I had nothing to drink but soft drinks and wine, but once I got my water supply sorted it kept dropping despite a proper diet and daily multivitamins. Has anyone else had this issue?

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: May 21, 2017, 12:35:04 PM »
healrh doesn't cause degeneration.  the lowest health you should be able to get is -100, which cauae zero regen  not degen.

afa health:  i need to know more  about your habits ingame.

its not unusual for my characters to hit -70 hmod or health early game, due to alcoholism. wine is unhealthy, yes, but i dont tweak this.

degenerating health is more likely radiation ...

Offline ZenZen2

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: May 21, 2017, 11:36:17 PM »
Got a debug on entering a new world:
nonexistent vehicle type: "aapc_bfg"

I noticed the strange cabin is forced to spawn, the game has problems to do it, most of the time i have to retry a few times.
Doomlab doesnt spawn if it is NOT forced to spawn. Thats a real problem. By forcing it to spawn, it takes me some "retrys" until it generates a map with it.

I dont get how the overmap_special spawn work, was trying to get shipwreck to spawn. From what i see it should spawn without problems but it doesnt.
Forcing it to spawn will result in many retrys (i gave up after around 10 trys, that thing shouldnt be forced to spawn).
There are other locations that seem never to appear.
What do i miss?

Offline darktoes

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: May 22, 2017, 12:18:23 AM »
Coincidentally, I've had the same issue with the strange cabin not generating and giving me errors when I read the mysterious note.
My health habits were pretty decent, I was eating well, sleeping lots and taking multivitamins twice a day, but my health dropped like a rock. When I checked my health I think my modifier was at 30 and I had 0 radiation, so I have no idea what was going on. It seems to have evened out and I'm starting to get my health up again after I reset it to 0 but I don't have a clue what that was all about.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: May 22, 2017, 12:41:39 AM »
we can address it tomorrow.  theres always some initial tweaking with objects when they are new.

in other news, my game throw up 2 corrupted map files.  found them by poe. but this is my play through file  :(  loads now though

caused by a 'sugrar shack'.  wtf is a sugar shack?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 12:43:31 AM by pisskop »

Offline darktoes

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: May 22, 2017, 02:22:10 AM »
we can address it tomorrow.  theres always some initial tweaking with objects when they are new.

in other news, my game throw up 2 corrupted map files.  found them by poe. but this is my play through file  :(  loads now though

caused by a 'sugrar shack'.  wtf is a sugar shack?
I found one of those too. Thought it would be a drug den, but it was just full of maple syrup, pies and pancakes. Didn't help that there was a cop zombie out the front....

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: May 22, 2017, 06:05:04 PM »
Got a debug on entering a new world:
nonexistent vehicle type: "aapc_bfg"

I noticed the strange cabin is forced to spawn, the game has problems to do it, most of the time i have to retry a few times.
Doomlab doesnt spawn if it is NOT forced to spawn. Thats a real problem. By forcing it to spawn, it takes me some "retrys" until it generates a map with it.

I dont get how the overmap_special spawn work, was trying to get shipwreck to spawn. From what i see it should spawn without problems but it doesnt.
Forcing it to spawn will result in many retrys (i gave up after around 10 trys, that thing shouldnt be forced to spawn).
There are other locations that seem never to appear.
What do i miss?

1: aapc bfg is real and spawns with no issues for me.

2: doomlab is not forced to spawn.  However, I can make it spawn in the wilderness and/or swamp as well as forests.  Might have to be done to preserve the start, at least until Coolthulu gets working on this new mapgen he was talking about

3: cabin was fixed by expanding its range.  The problem is the game does not intelligently place objects, so it has to randomly place it in a correct position.  I refer to my comment about coolthulu from (2).

4: I guess there are only 3.

AFA:  RE:Health

Yes, if you drink wine exclusively, wear warm clothing on hot days, and fight baddies with germs, you will be getting sick.  PRM does do this; it takes the health system and makes it more integrated into the game.  More things make you unhealthy because the stress of the apocalypse isnt limited to bad food.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: May 22, 2017, 06:34:14 PM »
https://github.com/pisskop/PKs_Rebalancing/releases/tag/5.3.1

So the tweaks.

I had already given the cabin anywhere, just like a certain camp ...  but now doomlab can as well.