Author Topic: Beta Lab Reboot?  (Read 4690 times)

Offline A Blitzkried of Butts

• Survivor
  • <i>kek</i>
    • View Profile
Beta Lab Reboot?
« on: March 10, 2016, 01:08:09 AM »
Well I saw the thing for the Beta Lab RP game and it seemed really cool! But the thing is Furotic hasn't been on for a year or so. I looks really cool and I was wondering if anyone who played it previously would want to start it up again :/
Quote from: TheFlame52
Granades are Russian roulette. One chamber has money, one has candy, two have blanks, one has rat-shot, and the last one has a bullet. You just got the bullet.
Quote from: pisskop
Z is the plane that jumps off the paper and into your face/desk
Full of sigs

Offline TheFlame52

• Survivor
  • Forumite Summoner
    • View Profile
Re: Beta Lab Reboot?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 02:41:07 AM »
I'm sorry, dude, but the Rec Room is dead. There may be one or two active threads but 95% of the people who kept it alive left in the Slurrening.

That said I might play.
Quote from: Jarlaxle
All hail our new Over(powered) Lord TheFlame52
Quote from: Arek_PL
THEY CAN DAMAGE FLAME! WE ARE DOOMED!
Quote from: Jakers
Oh Marloss Man, you and your unstoppable rampages throughout the world.

• Survivor
  • <i>kek</i>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 01:21:21 PM »
The Slurrening? I'm a relativity new player so I don't know what happened :/
Granades are Russian roulette. One chamber has money, one has candy, two have blanks, one has rat-shot, and the last one has a bullet. You just got the bullet.
Full of sigs

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Laughing at death: the answer to impossible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 04:04:53 PM »
was a purge over whether the admins/mods had the right to moderate harmful slurs, whether or not they were directed at anyone, and whether they should follow through on them. Guess who won?

Don't pick fights with people that are gracious enough to let you use the things they have built/managed for free, with you a non paying customer and expect to get the better end of a fight like that.
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

• Survivor
  • <i>kek</i>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 05:30:00 PM »
:( Well that really sucks, though I don't know what happened here in the rec room, all I hope is to re... Reacivate? Rejuvenate? Whatever re- word I'm looking for, I'm hoping that that'll happen to the rec room.
Full of sigs

Offline TheFlame52

• Survivor
  • Forumite Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 08:56:42 PM »
The problem is that all the life from the lower boards is gone. Everyone who only stayed for the community left. I only found this topic because I read every single post made.

• Survivor
  • <i>kek</i>
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 09:45:21 PM »
O.o Every single one? But still it would be nice if it could repopulate with stuff
Full of sigs

Offline TheFlame52

• Survivor
  • Forumite Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 12:37:53 AM »
Pretty much. Also, I don't really want to play Beta Lab, but if someone got the old Cataclysm RP Thread up and going again I would definitely join.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2016, 01:19:23 AM »
Same here. I just look at all the posts, and open/follow anything that sounds interesting. Also same here I was enjoying a nice god RPG thing but it died before the slur wars. If anyone wants to Game Master something new I'd happily play.
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

• Survivor
  • <i>kek</i>
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2016, 01:56:58 AM »
I really wouldn't know how to be a GM but I would love to do one of these RP's
Full of sigs

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2016, 02:01:35 AM »
Just to clarify, the so-called "purge" wasn't people getting banned, but rather people leaving because they were mad at the very *concept* of rules prohibiting sexual slurs.
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire
I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems. -Nighthawk
The the giant wasp is slammed through the zombie brute!

• Survivor
  • <i>kek</i>
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2016, 02:09:21 AM »
Well Kevin, I would be on the fence on this kinda thing. On one side I respect the idea to enforce slurs because you guys don't want anyone to be offended but on the other side in some certain RP scenarios you would need slurs like B**** and N***** and stuff like that. I dont know about slurs outside of RP scenarios but its kinda sad what happened here. :c
Full of sigs

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2016, 05:54:14 AM »
Better for people to purge themselves then having to ban them. I think where it was cropping up the worst was in the cata based stories people were telling, with very vulger main characters. I wouldn't know though, only stuff I really did in the rec forum was the god RP, just wasn't into the CDDA literature as much.

• Survivor
  • <i>kek</i>
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2016, 06:00:27 AM »
Guess your right... Back to main topic, Beta-Lab Reboot?
Full of sigs

Offline Bill Chompski

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2017, 03:58:30 PM »
This is a cool idea.
But that's probably all people are gonna say until someone steps up and becomes the GM. If someone does go ahead and try to restart it, they should make a Discord channel, and PM the invite people who are interested, or just put it in this channel for all to join as they see fit. That way, people are more likely to see and respond to things, if everyone's on a discord. Then, you make a rebooted OOC and IC thread.
But that's just my two cents on how to possibly reboot it.
M-MULTI WIENER DRIFTING?!