Author Topic: Wayward Roguelike by a friend of some Cataclysm Developers going on steam soon  (Read 3108 times)

Offline youtoo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Its a survival roguelike. The 1.92 version is free. 2.0 version will be on steam for $5 in a few weeks. There was a post on here by some of the developers about it some time ago. I think the main developer is friends with some of the guys who code Cataclysm DDA. I s

I'm not very good at it this game. The game has similiar use skills to progress. Getting enough water is alot more work here (since you are surrounded by mostly salt water and have to desalinate. Desalinating water is a hassle. Also night pitch black. So you need a fire before nightfall.

Game Link (can play in browser): http://www.unlok.ca/wayward/

Docs: http://www.unlok.ca/wiki/wayward/

Crafting info is in here.

Few Tips:
1. you start with a container of fresh water. Save the container. To make another one you need to kill rabbits and turn it into leather.
2. It doesnt matter waht you have in your hand to chop wood or get stone. You just need something or you take damage. The more damage a weapon does the better it is for getting stuff. So you can even use a stick
3. look around for fresh water. It takes more than a day to start deslinating sea water.
4. you need 8 rocks to make a campfire. You need it to see at night.
5. for your house just dig into the mountain. Add a door. The stones you get from digging into the mountain craft to gravel payment and lay them down. This will keep monsters from spawning inside.

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
I think I said hi to the wayward developer on IRC once....
If you're going to make a claim like, "friends with some CDDA devs", please back it up, if you can't don't make it.
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire
I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems. -Nighthawk
The the giant wasp is slammed through the zombie brute!

Offline Musaab

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
"They once saw each other in a parking lot." 

Good enough for me.

Offline youtoo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
There was a post on here a while back with a link to Wayward Roguelike. Its how I found the game. So I figured some of you were friends.

Offline Rivet

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • C:DDA Developer
    • View Profile
    • Rivet's Git profile
I think I said hi to the wayward developer on IRC once....
If you're going to make a claim like, "friends with some CDDA devs", please back it up, if you can't don't make it.

I've never heard of this game before, so they're definitely not talking about me.
“No! I must kill the demons” she shouted
The radio said “No, Rivet. You are the demons”
And then Rivet was a zombie.