Author Topic: Overmap Rebalancing - Update (2016-11-29)  (Read 12841 times)

Offline RipRoarinBoogerPenis

• NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Overmap Rebalancing - Another large Update (2016-05-07)
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2016, 04:52:36 PM »
Excellent mod!

Edit:
Game crashes when I get close to any survivor encampments. I have OvermapRebalance at the end of my load list, not sure if theres a crashlog or what.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 02:53:53 AM by RipRoarinBoogerPenis »

Offline 123nick

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2016, 10:23:08 PM »
Good day, gentlemen.

@mco:
I understand your point of view.
By following the described steps, the mentioned locations will have streets again.
I'd like to thank you for sharing your opinion on this.

@123nick:
This mod has been build modular.
If you want to take parts, like the bombed, shelled or looted building variations, out, open the mod folder "overmap_rebalancing" and delete either the folders with the corresponing names or single files in this folders:

- "Additional_BurnedBuildings_BaseGame" (burned down variations of basegame buildings)
- "Additional_ExplodedBuildings_BaseGame" (bombed variations of basegame buildings)
- "Additional_LootedBuildings_BaseGame" (looted variations of basegame buildings)
- "Additional_ShelledBuildings_BaseGame" (shelled [and looted] variations of basegame buildings)
- "Additional_BuildingSpawns_BaseGame" (basegame buildings [police stations, bars, gunshops, churches, dinners, houses, abandoned stores] spawn outside cities)
- "Additional_BuildingSpawns_omrb" (new buildings, which come with this mod [orchards, allotments, public toilets, butchery, bakery, groves, plaza, studio flats, etc.])
- "Additional_ExplodedBuildings_omrb" (bombed variations of the new buildings, which come with this mod)
- "Additional_ExplodedBuildings_Mods" (bombed variations of various mod buildings [at the moment for "Arcana", "Dino Mod" and "Extended buildings" (updated version)])

In your case (using only "PKs rebalance", "Noctifers Cataclysm++" and "Z-level buildings"), I suggest the following steps:

1) Open the mod folder "Overmap_Rebalancing"
2) Delete "monstergroups_mod_dino_and_mod_pkrebalance.json"
3) Delete the folder "Additional_ExplodedBuildings_Mods"
4) Open the folder "Rebalanced_BuildingSpawns_Mods" in the mod folder ("Overmap_Rebalancing")
5) Delete every file BUT EXCEPT "overmap_specials_mod_zlevelbuildings.json"
6) OPTIONAL: Delete the folders "Additional_BurnedBuildings_BaseGame", "Additional_ExplodedBuildings_BaseGame", "Additional_LootedBuildings_BaseGame" and/or "Additional_ShelledBuildings_BaseGame".

Please post, if you encounter any problems!

ok, thanks for being helpful, ill try it.

ok, i did some file removing and renaming and now i have a question, what changes does the regional map settings has, besides the 1/3 helicopter crash, and etc spawns, and the monstergroups, file for PK rebalance and dino mod, is it ok if i leave it unmodified even if i have the dinomod disabled? should i use another version for PKs rebalance only?

oh and 1 more thing, the load order, should i have overmap rebalance before or after all the mods it modifys?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 10:38:36 PM by 123nick »

Offline leon713

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2016, 07:14:04 PM »
Good evening, 123nick.

The regional map settings (I assume you refere to the "regional_map_settings.json" in the mod folder) changes the following things in the game:
- Forests can be much larger
- Special "locations" (like the helicopter crashsite) occur less often
- Parks and shops spawn less often
It is independent from other mods - activated or deactivated.
You can even delete it and this mod will work just fine - only will forests be not as large, will there be more shops and parks and more special locations.

I don't really know the inner working of cataclysm, but I assume: what's read at last, lasts.
So if you load my mod at last, I can guarantee everything within it works just fine.

Sincerely

Leon

Offline 123nick

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2016, 08:16:08 PM »
ok thanks

Offline leon713

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2016, 03:29:07 PM »
Good day, ladies and gentlemen!

Anon420 mentioned here the integration of the mod "Add_Bandits".

I thought, this was a great idea. I fumbled around with hostile npcs to add "trapped" buildings in my mod. Didn't really like the result. With integration of GovTDs mod "Add_Bandits" it work more the way I expected. So this mod now includes (kind of) fortified houses with some nice guests. I also included my first try - the hostile npcs. So there will be some, well, carnage.

As GovTDs mod "Add_Bandits" isn't my work, I didn't include any of his files.

So after installing this mod you will only get the version with (mostly static) hostile npcs. If you want the more interesting version, you have to follow this steps:
- Download GovTDs mod "Add_Bandits" and install it
- Delete the folder "Additional_AmbushedBuildings_BaseGame" within the mod folder "Overmap_Rebalancing"
- Extract the zip file "Additional_AmbushedBuildings_BaseGame&AddBandits" in the mod folder

Now - if you activate the mod "Add_Bandits" in you game worlds, you're done.
If you don't, precede this last step:
- Copy the file "gov_bandits.json" from GovTDs mod (found in the folder "ADD_BANDITS v0.10" -> "bandit_mod") to the new folder "Additional_AmbushedBuildings_BaseGame&AddBandits" in the mod folder "Overmap_Rebalancing"

Thank you. I hope you enjoy this mod.
Please post bug reports in this threat.

Sincerely

Leon

Offline leon713

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Re: Overmap Rebalancing - Update (2016-07-07)
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2016, 07:50:20 PM »
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen!

Considering recent changes in Cataclysm:DDA & PKs rebalance mod, I changed affected parts in my mod. Before updating, please delete the old mod folder! (Some filenames changed.)

Offline AdonaiJr

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2016, 02:27:35 AM »
Leon, I just want to thank you again. It's been a while since I tried your mod, I just read the HUGE update and work you've been doing lately and seems I'm going to love it. I really wish more people enjoy your work. Thank you for all the love for the game.

Offline leon713

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2016, 05:27:38 PM »
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen!

once again:
Considering recent changes in Cataclysm:DDA & PKs rebalance mod, I changed affected parts in my mod.
Before updating, please delete the old mod folder!

@AdonaiJr
Thank you very much for your kind words! :)

Offline lordmatiz

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Re: Overmap Rebalancing - Update (2016-08-26)
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2016, 09:02:07 PM »
Hey leon! Thanks for your hard work :) I really like how your mod works!
I was wondering if it'd be possible for you to mod a random city sizes on map generation? I'd like to see a variety of small and big cities. Just like in real life - you see plenty of small villages, some bigger ones and huge capitals.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • So Noble he farts Helium
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2016, 09:11:42 PM »
I dont know if its possible, but larger city sizes and more distance between each city will help.

I get a variety, sometimes huge cities and sometimes only small scattered areas.  I wish we could have routes and route-side homes.

Offline leon713

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2016, 02:20:12 PM »
Hey leon! Thanks for your hard work :) I really like how your mod works!
I was wondering if it'd be possible for you to mod a random city sizes on map generation? I'd like to see a variety of small and big cities. Just like in real life - you see plenty of small villages, some bigger ones and huge capitals.

Good day, lordmatiz!

Thank you for your kind words. :)
To be fair, momentarily I keep this mod only working with pisskops "pk rebalance" and the experimental builds, but don't extend it's content: attention drifting to other games currently ;)

Modding different sized cities in would be possible, but these would be very "static" - just like
(click to show/hide)

The best way to enhance your gaming experience is, like pisskop mentioned, to change "city spacing" and "city sizes".
I made some screenshots (https://imgur.com/a/1vjSF) that may help you deciding, what settings fit you best.
If you want to experiment with this both settings: it seems like "city sizes" influences "city spacing". So, if you choose a greater number in "city sizes", cities will be more apart from each other, even if you let "city spacing" untouched.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 02:22:37 PM by leon713 »

Offline ifonly

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2016, 12:01:18 PM »
Is mod no longer working with latest expiremental builds? I am receiving "weather" error when trying to create new game

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • So Noble he farts Helium
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2016, 06:34:01 PM »
This mod should have no effect upon the weather?

Offline ifonly

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2016, 08:41:52 PM »
This mod should have no effect upon the weather?

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/aWEhvGD.png

Offline Garfink

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2016, 06:40:44 AM »
I noted that this mod is prefaced with English not being the author's first language, but...  I am totally confused as to what this mod does and how to install it?  I am not sure what he means by overmap?  What mods do you need installed first for the base version?  Can someone enlighten nooby little me?