Author Topic: French Help  (Read 580 times)

Offline Balrogue

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
French Help
« on: June 28, 2016, 06:26:55 PM »
hello world,
I have created a french part in the wiki : http://www.wiki.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?title=French_Help

I have created it because I'm french and I want to help french's player.

I want you to tell me what you think about my idea et if you have idea, suggestion or if you want to help me.

Thanks

Offline Mattamue

• NPC
    • View Profile
Re: French Help
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 12:14:03 AM »
Any additions to the Wiki are awesome. I think your French help is a great addition.

If we have more multi-lingual additions in the future there are different ways to integrate that into the Wiki as well.
i'm not drunk enough to tell you the truth

Offline Soyweiser

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 10:21:49 AM »
Personally I don't think this is great. We also have 4 (*) pages in Taiwanese/Chinese (??) (last real edits were in 2013), and now we have 3 in french. Nobody checks these. They hang around with outdated info forever. Personally, I want to delete them all and keep the wiki in english, unless somebody steps up and really does the work. And not just adding 3 pages once and then disappearing forever.

We cannot check pages in languages we cannot read. (For some infomation I posted in the chinese forum about this problem a while back : http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=10784.msg241395#msg241395 )

And it isn't that I dislike the French or Chinese, I just think it is better to not show players outdated information, and any time people of a foreign language have is probably better spent on adding translations to the base game than editing the wiki.

*: yeah, I don't know the real numbers, might be a few more than 3/4 but I doubt it is more than 10 per language.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 10:58:01 AM by Soyweiser »
"Put me in charge and you'll have finished and polished game with hundreds more new features within two months." -- Lazycat
"Voker57 just was wondering about when did cata turn into contact lenses user simulator"

Offline Balrogue

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 05:33:25 PM »
Maybe, yes... This is just I have no much time... And there is not much French player so...