Author Topic: Mutation Changes mod  (Read 6990 times)

Offline A Blitzkried of Butts

• Survivor
  • <i>kek</i>
    • View Profile
Re: Mutation Changes mod
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2016, 07:46:02 PM »
Never mind, Needed medic 1
Quote from: TheFlame52
Granades are Russian roulette. One chamber has money, one has candy, two have blanks, one has rat-shot, and the last one has a bullet. You just got the bullet.
Quote from: pisskop
Z is the plane that jumps off the paper and into your face/desk
Full of sigs

Offline TooDAMNMuch

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2016, 05:14:17 AM »
trying to install this mod from the cata dda updater crashes the updater, upon further investigation "hxxps://www.dropbox.com/s/mtjwfh0or5tqegb/Mutation%20changes.rar?dl=1" points to a 404 error.
1. disassemble lockers 2. disassemble broken console in the southeast corner 3. you now have the materials to craft a metal funnel, 60L tank and a brazier 4. find a second shelter or rip another 60L out of a car 5. you now have infinite clean water
people ask THAT often.

Offline Peeved Penguin

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2016, 07:52:07 AM »
trying to install this mod from the cata dda updater crashes the updater, upon further investigation "hxxps://www.dropbox.com/s/mtjwfh0or5tqegb/Mutation%20changes.rar?dl=1" points to a 404 error.

Looking at it myself it seems that the Cata Launcher is using a link for an older version of my mod (which no longer links to anything); it's trying to use a link which no longer exists basically. I don't have any input on the development of the launcher so I can't really help you with that. You are going to have to install the mod manually until the launcher gets an updated link for my mod.

This problem seems to be occurring because when I update the mod I generate a completely new download link and remove the older one. This was never a problem for me before since my mod wasn't a part of the launcher. I'll try to see if there is a way for me to update the mod without changing the link in order to avoid this in the future.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 07:58:46 AM by Peeved Penguin »

Offline rremyroy

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2016, 03:54:47 PM »
I've updated the mod link in the launcher to the new one. This should now work in version 1.3.6 of the CDDA Game Launcher.

Offline rremyroy

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2016, 04:03:54 PM »
There is currently no standard way for me to track external mods versions/releases and updates. This is being worked on slowly. A proposed solution is for mod author to use github as their source code repository and perform releases there. See https://github.com/pisskop/PKs_Rebalancing/issues/8 and https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/18754 for more information.

Offline Zolond

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2016, 07:56:33 PM »
As much as I am liking the look of this mod, I'm afraid I have to report a bug with it. I am finding it impossible to get any sort of tail other than stubby, even with the mutation menu. I just get spammed with the message that I have lost the stubby tail and have gained a mutation called stubby tail. For reference this was the only mod plugged in at the time of the testing. Game version: 0.C-18874-g3b8f09c.

Offline Peeved Penguin

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2016, 03:25:16 PM »
As much as I am liking the look of this mod, I'm afraid I have to report a bug with it. I am finding it impossible to get any sort of tail other than stubby, even with the mutation menu. I just get spammed with the message that I have lost the stubby tail and have gained a mutation called stubby tail. For reference this was the only mod plugged in at the time of the testing. Game version: 0.C-18874-g3b8f09c.

Alright, thanks a ton for reporting the bug. I fixed it and updated the file in the link in the OP. Check it out for the fixed version of the mod.

Offline Zolond

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2016, 06:22:14 PM »
After some more messing around in the testing world, I have determined that there is still slight problem with tails. Specifically fluffy tail and cattle tail. Selecting either causes message spam about stubby tail turning into long tail and long tail into stubby tail. Other than that, really liking this mod. 

Offline Peeved Penguin

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2016, 11:01:12 PM »
After some more messing around in the testing world, I have determined that there is still slight problem with tails. Specifically fluffy tail and cattle tail. Selecting either causes message spam about stubby tail turning into long tail and long tail into stubby tail. Other than that, really liking this mod.

Thank you very much for reporting this bug, and my sincerest apologies for allowing this through my own Q&A process. I have updated the file in the link in the OP with the corrected version.

Offline Arendeth

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2016, 11:47:02 PM »
I made a patch to merge this great mod with PK's latest Rebalancing version.

Offline CK_Kirbi

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2016, 02:14:12 AM »
Could you post the patch and instructions on how to use it?

Offline Arendeth

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2016, 04:15:08 AM »
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2LKlCxhWTlWM1ZqaUpWanJSTlk/view?usp=sharing is the patch use 7zip to open it install in mod directory and  enable after mutation changes and PKs_Rebalancing. Be warned though i have a few person edits to the mutations including stab attack for spider arms ok.

Offline Arendeth

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2016, 05:37:06 AM »
Made a minor update to the mod it now should force the activation of both required mods in the right order

Offline CK_Kirbi

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2016, 08:46:21 AM »
Awesome. I've been considering piggy backing a mutant branch of my own onto this mod, but for now as long as it makes things compatible with PK's stuff, we're good.

Offline Umbral Reaver

• Zombie Food
  • Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2017, 06:49:17 AM »
Playing with this mod, I ran into a problem:

I mutated 'Strong'. This is fine.

I took my helmet off to put on a different helment and it says I can't wear helmets.

I cheat Strong away. The helmet goes on fine. The modifier to strength remains?