Author Topic: 6+ months of agonizing "realism" nerfs have ruined this game.  (Read 26834 times)

Offline Commie

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Re: 6+ months of agonizing "realism" nerfs have ruined this game.
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2016, 12:29:14 AM »
Where is the option to disable dirty clothes? I don't see it in options.

Playing on 5451

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2016, 12:38:48 AM »
Where is the option to disable dirty clothes? I don't see it in options.

Playing on 5451

You thought that dirty clothes should have an option to disable it? Congradulations, you have more sense than whoever PR'd that feature.

Offline Commie

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2016, 12:42:19 AM »
Oh I thought someone said there was.

Well I didn't play the game for a long ass time and I just DL'd it, patched the Arcana mod, glance at the forums, and see this.

What's this 'dirty clothes' thing exactly? What ig do I need to do now?

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2016, 12:49:45 AM »
Basically, clothing dropped by zombies gives a completely useless morale penalty, that can easily be ignored. Or you could craft your own gear, which everyone does anyway because tattered random clothing is already solidly balanced against being relied upon.

Or you could wash the clothing with rare and elusive soap. Nevermind the fact that you can "launder" dirty clothes simply by cutting them up for nice, magically clean rags and leather.

Filthy clothing: pointless realism that isn't actually realistic.

Offline Commie

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2016, 01:01:33 AM »
Oh, so if it's not dropped by zombos I'm ok?

Do I have to worry about clothes I make (edit; or find not on a zombie, but like in a store/LMOE shelter) getting 'dirty?'
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 01:09:45 AM by Commie »

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2016, 01:12:30 AM »
As far as I know, only zombie-dropped clothes can be filthy.

Offline BeerBeer

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2016, 01:16:01 AM »
And then there's the thing of 'newcomers' vs. 'longtime players'.

What do the newcomers think of these controversial changes that have been introduced? I mean specifically the ones so fresh that they weren't around to experience the change.
. . sanity

Offline Commie

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2016, 01:28:27 AM »
As far as I know, only zombie-dropped clothes can be filthy.

Cool beans.

I have no idea what kind of drama is going on/did go on here, but thanks for all the work you did do or are doing. I really enjoy the game and your arcane mod specifically.

And then there's the thing of 'newcomers' vs. 'longtime players'.

What do the newcomers think of these controversial changes that have been introduced? I mean specifically the ones so fresh that they weren't around to experience the change.

Based on what's in this thread, keep in mind last version I played was the Cooper release...

I never wore zombie clothes, which is likely why after coming back to CDDA i didn't notice this specific controversial change. Frankly putting on zombie clothes seems disgusting. I don't know if that's a 'fun' change or not but yeah, the lowest tier of savaging behavior should have some penalty. Yeah it should be toggleable.

I like the magazine change. Yes, it's clunky, so are guns, actually. So is reloading and keeping track of magazines. I personally think this is a good change all around as it makes revolvers/lever actions get a huge advantage for long excursions as you arn't worrying about juggling and reloading 8 magazines.

Generally all my cars end up as gigantic 4 engine 8 gas tank 16 wheeled killdozers so a nerf to one kind of engine is sort of irrelevant, if it even happened.

I ran into a 'hell castle' and died. Was fun. Found a funky temple that collapsed on itself after some.... supernatural thing in the basement threw a fit due to my presence. That was fun. LMOE's arn't god-tier anymore due to noise and shit working through z-levels. I like it. Think I saw some new monsters too.

Something changed with encumbrance cause im encumbered to all hell. Seems ok though as I am just used to wearing an absurd amount of layers w/o problems.

Other then that game seems good. Still a bit sad portals and 'hellmouths' (I think) don't seem to do anything.

Feel free to bring up other features I might not know about for critique and I'll let you know what I think. I'm not at endgame currently but should be there soon.

Sorry if this post causes drama. Ya'll are adults though and I don't know anyone so it's impossible for any of this to be a 'personal attack' so don't take it that way. It's all just what I think~

Offline Zilenan91

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2016, 01:34:41 AM »
Signed up on the forums to say that I seem to be one of the few people to actually like the Magazine system. To my knowledge, things like extended magazines weren't actually in existence before magazines were introduced, which allows more utility to guns overall. MP5 extended magazines as an example, they have about 66% more bullets in an extended magazine than a regular one which lets the MP5 scale much better later on in the game. Heck your ammo doesn't even cost volume anymore, you can just find/make pouches to store your magazines in.

I also don't get why people say magazines are tedious. It's very very easy to find magazines for most guns, super rare Rivtech and other ones aside. People also seem to underestimate just how good guns are in current experimentals. With Stamina being so punishing (can't melee hordes to death anymore which is a good thing) and ammo being common guns are actually useful and not just cool trinkets you find in towns.

Also filthiness is dumb please remove it. It taking 40 units of clean water to clean one piece of clothing is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 01:37:02 AM by Zilenan91 »

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2016, 01:36:20 AM »
Signed up on the forums to say that I seem to be one of the few people to actually like the Magazine system.

I didn't mind it either. I helped work on some of the research for magazines for assorted guns, especially ones I added.

Offline Commie

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2016, 01:42:40 AM »
Oh I also like the change to books and memorizing shit w/o actually doing it.

Before this it felt like every character I had was walking around with eidetic memory or something.

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2016, 01:47:32 AM »
I thought I would dislike it, but you tend to hoard books anyway to grind skills, so it's kinda natural to do that.

Offline Zilenan91

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2016, 01:57:57 AM »
Yeah when I learned about that change I thought it was nice. Instead of reading all the books for a long time you can just keep them in a trunk near your crafting area and then you'll have the recipes from your nearby books, just not memorized. You do memorize them after you craft them though which makes it a pretty cool system as a whole.

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2016, 02:10:09 AM »
Arcana mod also mandates that you keep the books on hand to craft, via their being tools. So this idea being a mainline feature is something with a mod-based precedent already set for it.

Offline deoxy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2016, 04:30:10 AM »
Arcana mod also mandates that you keep the books on hand to craft, via their being tools. So this idea being a mainline feature is something with a mod-based precedent already set for it.

I love/hate that about those books.  Nifty idea, but there should be some way around it - maybe make significantly higher level recipes that are exactly the same but don't take the books?
This is the text that goes under the post, and there ^ is the post, so this is where it goes.