Author Topic: The Curse of a Monster  (Read 586 times)

Offline Rot

• Survivor
  • Fresh like my groceries.
    • View Profile
The Curse of a Monster
« on: May 11, 2017, 04:00:47 PM »
My files call me "Subject #925" - But for your sake, it's just "subject"

I was human, once.
I still have human facial features, a normal looking human body.

However...

I can't consider myself to be a human. To be frank, i'm akin to what you'd call a monster.

Just like the mythical creatures of old. Frankenstein. Vampires. Werewolves.

Subjugated. Hated.

Hunted.

I pulled back the hood of my cloak and clicked the button on my combat armor. The protective mask and helmet slid back and revealed my face and head.

I stared at myself in the mirror. Piercing, golden eyes stared back at me. I flicked on the light and surprisingly, the lights flickered on hesitantly. My eyes slowly dilated back into a regular shape as I touched my face and felt stubble. Is this really what they are afraid of?
I don't think I look particularly repulsive. I've seen pictures of supermodels on magazines and they look about as good as I do.
No, I don't think that's the problem.

A locket jingled around my neck, I looked wistfully at it and released the clasp. I saw myself.
It wasn't me, it was what I was. Normal. Smiling.

I look back up and I see a piercing gaze.
It's someone who has seen death and... perhaps yearns for it. Someone who's been hated.
He closes his eyes and hears nothing but screams, gunfire, and the groaning of the dead.
He smells nothing but death and blood. Prey.

Prey.

Prey.

I shake my head to remove the thought from my head. It was hard at first to control the urges, but it's much easier now. Before I became what I am, I was a scientist working on the mutagenic properties of the 'blob'. I was hand-picked as a test subject and willingly went through with it. PE065 - "Chimera". I was strong enough to survive the process, and I became stronger.

However, the cataclysm struck. I barely escaped, but my fellow co-workers didn't. If they were alive or dead, they all died by my hands.

I've unfortunately lost some higher reasoning at first, I was impulsive, prone to outbursts of anger, and was extremely aggressive and violent. Then the strong urges came. When times were lean, I turned to my co-workers to supplement myself. I'm trying to repent and recuperate. I won't let these urges get to me anymore.
It's a subtle evil. Always there. Tempting. Nagging. Coercing me to give in.

The door suddenly flung open.

"THERE'S THE BASTARD!" one man said as he pointed a rifle toward me. Four others followed suit.

"There's a good amount of money for your head." One said with a smile.

"Killing him won't bring my little girl back. But I'm gonna enjoy putting your head on a stick, you sick FUCK!" A man said, knuckles white from gripping his rifle - teeming with anger.

Give in.

My cloak fell to the floor with a soft thud. My hands gripped the sink and the porcelain cracked and shattered.
Hairs stood up, and my lips peeled back to reveal the fangs of a predator. Claws were itching to rend something apart, while a low beastly growl emerged from my throat.

Fight

Feed

FORWARD

High-caliber rifle rounds peppered the walls, ceiling, and myself as I pounced on one man and ripped the head off another. The remaining two fell back to retreat, quickly shutting the door behind them and blocking it.

"GRAB THE EXPLOSIVES!" One shouted as he held the door.

No use. I swiftly kicked the door down with ease, pulled him out beneath by the shoulders, hoisted him up in the air, and tore him in two.
Gore splattered on me as I tossed the two remaining halves of what was a person. My eyes narrowed and looked upon the last remaining person. Frozen with fear. Serves these hairless apes right.

A distant echo whispered in the back of my consciousness.

Prey.

I looked at him. The thing that killed my family. It looked human but it wasn't. I couldn't move, couldn't control myself. I pissed my pants.

Please don't come any closer.
I'm sorry sweet pea, Dad wasn't able to avenge you.

All I saw was death. All I saw was-

"Can't move, can you?"

It spoke with a growling voice. Like a tiger that could speak words. As rough as a wolf snapping at prey. It was toying with me.

All of a sudden I was punched in the chest. It felt like getting hit with a truck. I could barely breathe. I think my ribs are crushed.
My eyes drifted upwards. I saw the sky.

"I'm coming, sweetheart. I'm coming." I managed to barely whisper.

I slowly came back to my senses. Adrenaline was coursing through my veins, underneath my foot was the head of the last man. Squashed like a bug.
I heard what he said. I couldn't bear it.

My wounds were pulsing and running with blood. I stared upon the corpse beneath me. A insatiable hunger permeated from my stomach. The irresistible urge to feed. It was as if I was watching a movie. No input, it just happened. The man I just crushed with my foot was the same man i'm feasting upon. As I was doing this, my wounds slowly closed and bleeding stopped. Chunks of lead were slowly being forced out by the rapid replacement of tissue and fell to the ground with a light 'ting'.

I looked upon the carnage and the sky. I returned to the rest stop bathroom.

My cloak fluttered in the autumn breeze. Maroon. I've become used to this color.
Red.
The color of conflict. Anger. Blood.

I continue to travel, maybe I will find peace. Maybe I will finally get what I deserve.

FIGHT.

FEED.

FORWARD.

Offline §k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: The Curse of a Monster
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 10:29:42 AM »
The eye and claw mutations, the stylish trait, the morale penulty, and the fast healing... all take place in story naturally, literature and game record at the same time! Very interesting!

Offline Rot

• Survivor
  • Fresh like my groceries.
    • View Profile
Re: The Curse of a Monster
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 12:38:15 PM »
The eye and claw mutations, the stylish trait, the morale penulty, and the fast healing... all take place in story naturally, literature and game record at the same time! Very interesting!

I love input like this, it shows people actually enjoy my writing.