Author Topic: Radio Chat RP topic  (Read 6502 times)

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
Re: Radio Chat RP topic
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2016, 03:15:38 PM »
*Radio message is as clear as day but background static can be hear with loadness depending on dostance from radio station.*

"The horde is in the city as of the broadcasting of this message...many enhanced monstrocities are among the dead...We are down to melee and pneumatic weapons we manage to improvices using pebbles as ammo. This is going to be rough, if you don't hear from me again stay away from the source of this broadcast, its not worth it..."
May mother Venus guide us all!

...Noctifer's incredibly loot bloated Survivor Emcampments™...

Offline Gnorse

• Survivor
  • Goddammit NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2016, 04:21:15 PM »
((OOC : might be good to stage "trades' and then debug in whatever you "gained" and burn/destroy whatevermyou traded
"No can do, little hard to "lock and load" when you can't stand and it's a little hard to stand when your feet haven't grown back fully so the end of you legs are nubs"

Offline TheMightyHercules

• Survivor
  • How Mighty Are Ya?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2016, 01:55:15 AM »

*Radio message is as clear as day but background static can be hear with loudness depending on distance from radio station.*

"The horde is in the city as of the broadcasting of this message...many enhanced monstrosities are among the dead...We are down to melee and pneumatic weapons we manage to improvised using pebbles as ammo. This is going to be rough, if you don't hear from me again stay away from the source of this broadcast, its not worth it..."

*The Radio message has a bit background static, no matter how close you are to a radio tower/station, and the voice sounds strained; perhaps heavily injured*

I may be able to help with your problem... *Grunts* Found this Missile Silo with the Missile still inside and ready to fire; I'll be able to triangulate your radio's coordinates and let this puppy give that horde some hell. That is if you allow it. I will wait as long as I can for a response.

Good luck, and god speed... Nathan signing out.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 01:59:00 AM by TheMightyHercules »

Offline A Blitzkried of Butts

• Survivor
  • <i>kek</i>
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2016, 08:18:26 PM »
This signal is devoid of major static but incredibly faint.

"Anyone with security permissions to the ... bio labs just outside of town: Admin locked people in here. Law enforcement, fire department, someone with explosives and working comms, I don't care - I'm locked four floors down and the entire lab's offline save for security and the refrigeration units. Please..."

"Bio lab you say? I think I saw one a ways back, I'll start hoofin it there plus I have 'splosives for days!"
Quote from: TheFlame52
Granades are Russian roulette. One chamber has money, one has candy, two have blanks, one has rat-shot, and the last one has a bullet. You just got the bullet.
Quote from: pisskop
Z is the plane that jumps off the paper and into your face/desk
Full of sigs

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2016, 11:22:46 PM »
*Radio message is as clear as day but background static can be hear with loudness depending on distance from radio station.*

"The horde is in the city as of the broadcasting of this message...many enhanced monstrosities are among the dead...We are down to melee and pneumatic weapons we manage to improvised using pebbles as ammo. This is going to be rough, if you don't hear from me again stay away from the source of this broadcast, its not worth it..."

*The Radio message has a bit background static, no matter how close you are to a radio tower/station, and the voice sounds strained; perhaps heavily injured*

I may be able to help with your problem... *Grunts* Found this Missile Silo with the Missile still inside and ready to fire; I'll be able to triangulate your radio's coordinates and let this puppy give that horde some hell. That is if you allow it. I will wait as long as I can for a response.

Good luck, and god speed... Nathan signing out.

This woukd be the right time to do it, Just far away to deal with the bakst and fallout. A launch would be greatly appreciated.

Offline TheMightyHercules

• Survivor
  • How Mighty Are Ya?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2016, 01:10:28 AM »
*The radio message is clear of background static, and the voice appears to sound different. No longer strained, but has a rough, growling edge to it*

The Missile is clear of the silo and is heading into the desired coordinates, I'd hazard a guess it'll be there in 5-8 minutes... Holy shit that's a hell of a sight, reminds me of that mission on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare... Uh, yeah. *Clears throat* The missile. I recommend you and who ever's near in a 47.9 km² or 18.5 mi² radius to Get the FUCK out of dodge. As for me, I'll just get to a vantage point and see the fireworks...

Good luck and god speed, this is Nathan, signing out.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 03:19:28 AM by TheMightyHercules »

Offline TheFlame52

• Survivor
  • Forumite Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2016, 02:01:29 AM »

"Anyone with security permissions to the ... bio labs just outside of town: Admin locked people in here. Law enforcement, fire department, someone with explosives and working comms, I don't care - I'm locked four floors down and the entire lab's offline save for security and the refrigeration units. Please..."

"Bio lab you say? I think I saw one a ways back, I'll start hoofin it there plus I have 'splosives for days!"
((You're going to have to beat MMR there!))
Quote from: Jarlaxle
All hail our new Over(powered) Lord TheFlame52
Quote from: Arek_PL
THEY CAN DAMAGE FLAME! WE ARE DOOMED!
Quote from: Jakers
Oh Marloss Man, you and your unstoppable rampages throughout the world.

Offline Kadian

• Survivor
  • ...the shadows cutting deeper...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2016, 12:59:10 PM »
A message comes in, with some minor static. You can make out what appears to be machines or electrical engines humming in the background. A somewhat feminine (or androgynous) voice starts talking.

Oy, Nathan, is this a joke? Are you really telling us that you shot a Nuke at a city, dooming it's citizens in the process? You should know how small the number of survivors is, and you got nothing better to do then blowing a few more up? You're really...ugh, nevermind. I wish good luck to everyone near the explosion, if you survive, let us know and we can come and help as best we can.
Noire out.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 01:55:01 PM by Kadian »

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2016, 01:30:12 PM »

"Detonation confirmed, the blast was far away enough were we only had to deal with radiation, not as high as I expected. Any survivors in the vacinity of the city may make their way to the station again but be clear of the bakst zone...We avoided quite the fight...Anyone by the blast zone prior to the blast would of been killed by the horde...spreader out..."

• Survivor
  • <i>kek</i>
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2016, 02:31:27 PM »

((You're going to have to beat MMR there!))

Challenge accepted skreb!
Granades are Russian roulette. One chamber has money, one has candy, two have blanks, one has rat-shot, and the last one has a bullet. You just got the bullet.
Full of sigs

Offline TheFlame52

• Survivor
  • Forumite Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2016, 04:26:36 PM »
I think it's up to Pthalocy as to who saves him.

• Survivor
  • <i>kek</i>
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2016, 07:04:59 PM »
I think it's up to Pthalocy as to who saves him.
Why don't we arrive there the same time? Battle it to the death?
Full of sigs

Offline TheFlame52

• Survivor
  • Forumite Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2016, 07:58:33 PM »
MMR can take a tank shell at point blank and punch a man so hard he explodes. Good luck with that.

If we make this an ongoing thing I'd rather have MMR be more of an unknowable force than a main character.

Offline Pthalocy

• Global Moderator
  • Survivor
  • Babyfaced forum Janitor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2016, 08:22:35 AM »
((due to an unfortunate series of workshifts and general election-related stress (im not even american what is this) I'm not really keeping up with this too well. Those of you hoping to get into the lab may ad-lib it as you see fit. Expect a very mutated, birch-antlered, bear-tree creature. It won't be hostile, but it won't really be able to reply by radio any more.))

The faint radio signal returns, but what is heard closer resembles laboured breathing than words. Noises and clacks are heard as if someone is slapping at the radio dials clumsily. Animal, possibly? This noise remains quiet, possibly someone is trying to listen on standby. The signal eventually fades to silence and cuts out as the batteries maintaining the broadcast have likely died.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 08:25:23 AM by Pthalocy »
Quote from: Rivet
We accept him, we accept him. One of us, one of us. Gooble gobble, gooble gobble.

• Survivor
  • <i>kek</i>
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2016, 11:08:25 AM »
MMR can take a tank shell at point blank and punch a man so hard he explodes. Good luck with that.
Lel fair enough
Full of sigs