Author Topic: Radio Chat RP topic  (Read 3787 times)

Offline TheFlame52

• Survivor
  • Forumite Summoner
    • View Profile
Re: Radio Chat RP topic
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2016, 07:17:27 AM »
(Wait, is MMR in this group of fungi?)
Quote from: Jarlaxle
All hail our new Over(powered) Lord TheFlame52
Quote from: Arek_PL
THEY CAN DAMAGE FLAME! WE ARE DOOMED!
Quote from: Jakers
Oh Marloss Man, you and your unstoppable rampages throughout the world.

Offline Peregrin-E

• Zombie Food
  • Survivor of Deadline Outbreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2016, 07:57:07 AM »
(To Flame: It's up to you, but I don't think MMR was involved in this action otherwise our band would not be acting so unstressed, if it was still existing at all. I mean, their action actually does correspond to my gameplay, and I did not encounter any super nuke-proof cyborg mutant in the process of burning down a fungal infested area. )

Foxtail's voice emerges from a brief period of loud static. Mechanical backgraound noises can be heard again, it seemed they are again on the move.

"About the fungaloids? Well, their spores don't only infest human. It seems that just like the thing that made the zombies, they can take over any animals larger than... hell, we don't know, just large animals in general. Also, speaking of the zombifying things, there's a fact: whatever these things are, they seems to be weaker than the fungaloid spores. So far we have already encountered lots of infested zombies, they still do what ordinary zombies do but a lot slower and infective. Closer to our movie zombies before this cataclysm mess, I think.*Light laugh*"

« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 08:15:44 AM by Peregrin-E »

Offline Fourty_two

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2016, 02:20:24 PM »
This signal seems to be coming from a rather old plane.

"*Seems to be Morse code, 3 beeps followed by 3 long tones, then 3 more beeps, it repeats*"
Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
If anything can't go wrong, it will anyway.
If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something. -Murphy's Law

Offline Dr. Howell

• Zombie Food
  • [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • Click on the first username.
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2016, 02:30:12 PM »

"*Seems to be Morse code, 3 beeps followed by 3 long tones, then 3 more beeps, it repeats*"
Heavy static.
"Well, [static]. Anybody here that knows [static] code? I repeat, does [static] know Morse code?"
I'm also on Bay 12's forums. Look for a guy called Asin.

Also, don't ask about the profile pic unless you want to be fed to a shocker brute.

Offline TheFlame52

• Survivor
  • Forumite Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2016, 02:41:13 PM »
(Alright then. I've kind of lost interest in roleplaying anyway.)
Quote from: Jarlaxle
All hail our new Over(powered) Lord TheFlame52
Quote from: Arek_PL
THEY CAN DAMAGE FLAME! WE ARE DOOMED!
Quote from: Jakers
Oh Marloss Man, you and your unstoppable rampages throughout the world.

Offline Kadian

• Survivor
  • ...the shadows cutting deeper...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2016, 03:03:44 PM »

Heavy static.
"Well, [static]. Anybody here that knows [static] code? I repeat, does [static] know Morse code?"

Static is heard, until someone...seems to HIT the Ham Radio they are using, then the broadcast starts getting clearer. You hear...normal Engine noises? That's different.
Damn Thing...remember me to look into it. To your morsecode, those beeps mean S-O-S ; Wasn't there a guy who wanted to fly a plane to somewhere? That could be him, for all we know. Probably crashlanded somewhere. It will probably be crawling with Zeds by now, barely any chance of survivors. Welp. Anyways, Noire is currently in our...'cockpit' and is driving, while I'm on the Radio. Had to switch to regular Engines because we had a run-in with zombies and our Batteries are running low, so no electrical Engines until the solars refill our batteries.

Foxtail's voice emerges from a brief period of loud static. Mechanical backgraound noises can be heard again, it seemed they are again on the move.
"About the fungaloids? Well, their spores don't only infest human. It seems that just like the thing that made the zombies, they can take over any animals larger than... hell, we don't know, just large animals in general. Also, speaking of the zombifying things, there's a fact: whatever these things are, they seems to be weaker than the fungaloid spores. So far we have already encountered lots of infested zombies, they still do what ordinary zombies do but a lot slower and infective. Closer to our movie zombies before this cataclysm mess, I think.*Light laugh*"

He, Foxtail? How big is the Caravan? Any chance we could join you guys? Or would you discourage us from meeting up with ya?

Offline Peregrin-E

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2016, 03:53:02 AM »
Short, strong static abruptly emerged and quickly turned to discernable voice of Clay Foxtail.

"We are originally a group of ten, but we now only have six. One of us is killed in the last operation, and two left two weeks ago because they are disgusted at ... well, some of us.

You are in ... New Hampshire? If I remembered correctly? If you can join us in central Vermont, that would be very nice as we are currently in heavy need of helping hands. If you say so, we can start to move to the state border as the fungal cloud have now settled and we have just burned down most of the resulting growths. Although we're formally part of a military unit of the Old Guards or the former U.S. Army, we are not so oblieged to follow their orders, and their commanding system was so chaotic that I am pretty sure there are more than one 37th Company."

Foxtail paused and sighed.
"However, as a friendly notice, if you can't tolerate animal-like mutants, you may wish to keep away from us... they are nice folks though."
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 04:00:26 AM by Peregrin-E »

Offline Dr. Howell

• Zombie Food
  • [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2016, 04:01:00 AM »
Light static.
"How were they mutated? Radiation? Serums or mutagens? How bad have they mutated?"

Also, don't ask about the profile pic unless you want to be fed to a shocker brute.

Offline Peregrin-E

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2016, 07:35:59 AM »
Long, strong static emerged before the voices come, and light noises persisted throughout Foxtail's speech. This time her signal is apparently not as good.

"Harker Zhou, the one that gathered all of us, was probably the most heavily mutated of us. [Static] had almost completely transformed into some sort of human-bird hybrid, complete with giant feathered wings, talons, reverse-joint legs and a powerful beak... he never told us explicitly how he got to this point, but by some of his [Static] seemed that it involved some sort of nomadic bandits and a bunch of [Static]. He also told us that a mutation so serious can only be caused by a serum.

Another one of us, Eunice Myers, is a much simpler case. She is a furry who's brain seemed to be somewhat [Static], enough said. She downed who-knows-how-much [Static] of mutagens labelled as "felis" we found in a derelict lab, and now she's got the ears and tails she wanted, but now everything other than raw meat and fresh water make her vomit [Static] and she now needs to take vitamin pills regularly ... not worth to be symphasized, I think."

Offline Dr. Howell

• Zombie Food
  • [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2016, 02:10:58 PM »
Quiet static.
"Clay, have you undergone any mutations?"

Offline Peregrin-E

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2016, 02:49:24 PM »
Strong white noise followed the whole transmission. The signal is likely still low.

"Likely not. I have never gotten in contact with anything suspicious save for some minor radiation."

Offline Fourty_two

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2016, 03:43:29 AM »
Very faint singal.

"Tex*static* has bunch more surv*static*s but of th** aren't frie*static*"
Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
If anything can't go wrong, it will anyway.
If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something. -Murphy's Law

Offline DeclanFrost

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2016, 04:46:06 AM »
The radio suddenly begins emitting a loud, high-pitched wail, like a feedback surge.
What follows is speech, but it does not sound like any human voice you've heard. The words are felt, rather than heard, and they seem to echo in your mind, as if they were your own thoughts.

We are the Mycus. Obey us. Join us. We will feed you. We will make you better.
The "voice" is suddenly replaced by a normal, but desperate-sounding human voice, with a slightly Hispanic accent
Hello? Can anyone copy? My name is [static] Crisanto. There's a man with two mininukes headed toward [static]. Repeat, there's a schizophrenic, heavily-mutated [static] headed toward the city of [static].
The rest is garbled into inaudibilty by static and frequent surges of the previous high-pitched feedback.
Ironically there are more pimps in garages than wrenches.

Offline Kadian

• Survivor
  • ...the shadows cutting deeper...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2016, 06:20:06 PM »
You can hear the usual slight static before Noire starts talking.

Ok...that....was...weird? uhm...anyways..Crisanto, half of your...message was just a garbled mess. And you're killing my ears with your feedback loop, knock it off.

He then coughs a little.

So...Foxtail, do you read? Or Captain Zhou or whoever is left of the 37th whatever it was. I just met up with Howell and finished up a little Trade with him. Gave him enough Supplies so he can actually, you know, leave his Lab and head towards Civilization. Or whatever it's called now. No clue if he'll be able to keep speaking with us for the time being, I did tell him to search for a small backup generator though he can take with him in his new wheelbarrow. Maybe he's also smart enough to take his Ham Radio with him, who knows. On another note, I'm heading west now. Alice left, she decided to stay with a group of Survivors who started a town, and I don't blame her, but personally I prefer staying on the move. Maybe we'll be able to meet up, More people usually means safety. I also have a spare bed and a working shower and toilet in my...let's just call it a reinforced RV. You'd have to bring your own soap though! I'm low on soap as is, and i'm not willing to try and mix chemicals together to make more soap, I'm horrible at chemistry.

Offline DeclanFrost

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2016, 08:06:37 PM »
*the voice breaking the static now seems much calmer, and accentless; a different person*
Sorry about that. Damn civvies piggybacking on my frequency. Disregard what he told you. This is Gunnery Sergeant Frost of...I don't even know what battalion company I'm assigned to. The chain of command went to shit when the dead started walking. *clears throat* In any case, I'm all that's left of the US army in the immediate area - that I know of, at least. The last order I was given before the brass got eaten was to deliver a nuclear payload - on foot - to various points in the subway system, causing the city to turn into a gigantic sinkhole. New York city, by the way. So get away from the city. Anything within a 3-mIle radius of the city limits will be disintegrated, and I'm not sure how far the radiation goes.
Ironically there are more pimps in garages than wrenches.