Author Topic: Radio Chat RP topic  (Read 6426 times)

Offline Dr. Howell

• Zombie Food
  • [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • Click on the first username.
Re: Radio Chat RP topic
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2016, 04:06:58 AM »
A familiar signal pops in. Along with the sounds of a... engine?

"Hello, everyone! It is me, Dr. Howell! I managed to bring my radio with me! I tell you, it was hard to drag a wheelbarrow to a pick up truck that I found now that I'm out of that cursed lab. Brought what I obtained from a very... cool, for lack of a better term, man named Noire. Currently I'm looking for a refugee center to stay for a little while. Hopefully, I'll find a place that doesn't have mutated... ants? Oh, bloody hell..."
I'm also on Bay 12's forums. Look for a guy called Asin.

Also, don't ask about the profile pic unless you want to be fed to a shocker brute.

Offline A Blitzkried of Butts

• Survivor
  • <i>kek</i>
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2016, 04:42:49 PM »
A very strong signal comes in; the speaker has a heavy cockney accent.

"Allo? Is any bloke still out there?"
Quote from: TheFlame52
Granades are Russian roulette. One chamber has money, one has candy, two have blanks, one has rat-shot, and the last one has a bullet. You just got the bullet.
Quote from: pisskop
Z is the plane that jumps off the paper and into your face/desk
Full of sigs

Offline Gnorse

• Survivor
  • Goddammit NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2016, 07:42:31 PM »
"guess so, i got an electric mini car and i'm living in it, not very comfortable but better than sleeping on the cold high ground"
"No can do, little hard to "lock and load" when you can't stand and it's a little hard to stand when your feet haven't grown back fully so the end of you legs are nubs"

Offline Dr. Howell

• Zombie Food
  • [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2016, 08:21:47 PM »
Static.
"Hello! Still here. Shot a crap load of mutant ants, now drinking some tea. How are you all?"

Also, don't ask about the profile pic unless you want to be fed to a shocker brute.

• Survivor
  • <i>kek</i>
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2016, 03:54:25 PM »
There is nothing less that a constant roar in the background. The man had to yell over the noise.

"Oh I'm doin, just lovely! My one man caravan is on da road right now!"
Granades are Russian roulette. One chamber has money, one has candy, two have blanks, one has rat-shot, and the last one has a bullet. You just got the bullet.
Full of sigs

Offline Dr. Howell

• Zombie Food
  • [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 19, 2016, 09:43:10 PM »
Static.

"One man caravan? Could you elaborate?"

• Survivor
  • <i>kek</i>
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2016, 02:45:08 PM »
The roar continues.

"I am a man wiv ter much time on 'is 'ands! I've built a 20+ tonne machine wiv enuff supplies stawerd ter create a large army!"
Full of sigs

Offline Kadian

• Survivor
  • ...the shadows cutting deeper...
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2016, 05:42:31 PM »
Slight static, as well as the sound of someone eating something...crunchy? Then, a familiar voice chimes in.

Heya! Is it just me or do we have a lot of english gentleman here? Apparently you have to be english to survive the apocalypse for longer, huh.

Noire clears their throat and chuckles.

Maybe it's the Tea that helps with the survival. Who knows. Mine should be done in...a few minutes too, at least I hope so. Found, by pure accident, some wild herbs which can make a decent tea, if I can trust one of my books. So, you seem to be quite well, yes, Howell? I hope the Tea I gave you is to your liking.

More crunchy eating, then a sigh and a mumbled "I should bake more often..." before Noire returns to the Ham Radio.

So, 20 tons you say? Sounds like you took over a Truck. Probably reinforced it too, I'd wager? Yes, probably, some of those...things are quite capable of cutting through thin metal. Or punching through it. Well, let's say you're not the only one with a vehicle of that sorts. Back then, when I met up with Howell, my vehicle probably weighed in about 15 to 20 tons as well. Nowadays...Probably more like 40 tons. Good thing it's on Tank treads, I don't think there would be enough wheels to move this monster of a vehicle. Even found some Paint and Spray Cans, so now it's a stylish black. Even named it, it's called Andraste. I also considered naming it Wōđanaz, Þunraz or Teiwaz.

Offline Treah

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2016, 09:08:54 PM »
Lots of static is heard along with what sounds like metal banging on wood, a monotone older male voice then speaks

"eight, twenty one , thirteen, one, fourteen"

slight pause with static

"thirteen, five, one, twenty"

more static and the voice becomes a bit faint to hear

"eight, five , eighteen, five........

more static with what sounds like some scratching is heard, a older male voice speaks
"end"

Offline Kadian

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2016, 11:01:03 PM »
Static, then a confused Noire.

Numbers? Old Man, are you ok?

a drawn out hmmmm escapes Noires Mouth, then an "Aha!"

It must be some kind of Code! Morsecode is out of the question, unless they really changed it. Let's see, what were the numbers?

Rustling Paper is heard

What was it? 8, 21, 13, 1, 14 ; then a pause and some more numbers, 13, 5, 1...crap, don't remember the last few numbers. Anyways, let's see here...do the numbers correspond to the Alphabet...H...U...MA...N...Human, and the other one is...M,  E, A... Mea... Mean? Meal? Meat? Ugh, anyone caught the last few numbers, so we can complete the Message? Sounds definitely odd, might be woth investigating.

• Survivor
  • <i>kek</i>
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2016, 03:07:19 AM »
Small bit of static.

"I 'ave no clue what da geezer in saying. On da uvver 'and, what type ov tea dot yew prefer, (pause) Noire, was it?"
Full of sigs

Offline Dr. Howell

• Zombie Food
  • [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2016, 06:14:05 PM »
The roar continues.

"I am a man wiv ter much time on 'is 'ands! I've built a 20+ tonne machine wiv enuff supplies stawerd ter create a large army!"
Static.
"Goodness! Well, you seem well-supplied!"

Slight static, as well as the sound of someone eating something...crunchy? Then, a familiar voice chimes in.

Heya! Is it just me or do we have a lot of english gentleman here? Apparently you have to be english to survive the apocalypse for longer, huh.

Noire clears their throat and chuckles.

Maybe it's the Tea that helps with the survival. Who knows. Mine should be done in...a few minutes too, at least I hope so. Found, by pure accident, some wild herbs which can make a decent tea, if I can trust one of my books. So, you seem to be quite well, yes, Howell? I hope the Tea I gave you is to your liking.

More crunchy eating, then a sigh and a mumbled "I should bake more often..." before Noire returns to the Ham Radio.

So, 20 tons you say? Sounds like you took over a Truck. Probably reinforced it too, I'd wager? Yes, probably, some of those...things are quite capable of cutting through thin metal. Or punching through it. Well, let's say you're not the only one with a vehicle of that sorts. Back then, when I met up with Howell, my vehicle probably weighed in about 15 to 20 tons as well. Nowadays...Probably more like 40 tons. Good thing it's on Tank treads, I don't think there would be enough wheels to move this monster of a vehicle. Even found some Paint and Spray Cans, so now it's a stylish black. Even named it, it's called Andraste. I also considered naming it Wōđanaz, Þunraz or Teiwaz.
Slight static. "Oh, hello, Noire! Been a while since we talked, it seems! About the tea, it's not half bad, actually. This signal seems to be swarming, so far! Hahaha!"

Lots of static is heard along with what sounds like metal banging on wood, a monotone older male voice then speaks

"eight, twenty one , thirteen, one, fourteen"

slight pause with static

"thirteen, five, one, twenty"

more static and the voice becomes a bit faint to hear

"eight, five , eighteen, five........

more static with what sounds like some scratching is heard, a older male voice speaks
"end"

A bit more static than usual.
"What the bloody hell?"

• Survivor
  • <i>kek</i>
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 23, 2016, 03:16:59 PM »
"I fnk its one ov those so called 'Number stashuns'. They are used ter transmi' messages what are nearly impossible ter decrypt."
Full of sigs

Offline Kadian

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2016, 04:38:20 PM »

Just that i basically decrypted that thing in a matter of minutes. I would just need the last few numbers, so we could make sense of it all. oh, uhm, to your question: In the past I loved a good ol' cup of Earl Grey, or in general black teas. Nowadays I take basically everything if it tastes good enough. You know, Cataclysm and all. By the way, this herbal tea I'm brewing? Not that bad actually. Had to put in quite a bit of sugar though. I wonder how long it will stay fresh though.

Offline DeclanFrost

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 23, 2016, 05:19:05 PM »
A newer, more festive crackle joins the frequency.

It plays cheerful, stock music. Bells ring and a choir sings.

It goes silent, as if the DJ is about to speak.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! an automated message. It repeats, twice.

On the third, screams erupt from the distance. The studio seems to be filled with voices. Snarling, hungry voices.
It cuts back to scheduled music. Somewhere, a DJ is rolling over in his grave, or perhaps in a rotting coffin of undead flesh at the thought of a poorly executed radio transition.

Somewhere, sometime before shit hit the fan, Marvin Gaye sung about wanting to come home for Christmas and seeing that little Christmas tree again. That song is playing on the frequency right now.
Ironically there are more pimps in garages than wrenches.