Author Topic: El Presidente Trump?  (Read 7131 times)

Offline Alec White

• NPC
  • I'm shy
    • View Profile
Re: El Presidente Trump?
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2016, 09:29:30 PM »
I just hope Trump sends more troops to the middle east, so I can have fun watching helcam footage of US soldier shooting and being shot by the locals.

Today's easy access to cameras and internet has made war a very interesting reality-show.

Also, to all veterans of the US, thank for your service, and don't forget to film all your deployments and upload them to the internet please!

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • So Noble he farts Helium
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2016, 09:59:57 PM »
The 'best' (and by best I mean most 'real') footage Ive seen in recent years is the burning of that pilot from Jordan on camera.  Very, very surreal to see.  Macabre.  Very so.  never seen a person burning alive before that.

Offline Alec White

• NPC
  • I'm shy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2016, 10:40:05 PM »
The 'best' (and by best I mean most 'real') footage Ive seen in recent years is the burning of that pilot from Jordan on camera.  Very, very surreal to see.  Macabre.  Very so.  never seen a person burning alive before that.

There are lots of "documentaries" with very edited and entertaining videos, telling the story of a particular soldier/squad/platoon/war/theatre, some goes from G to R, with more or less of the soldier's thoughts and mission objective's.
Better than reading the books they may wrote, as generally soldier's don't write very well and some biographies can be very boring even if thou the soldier may have go back from hell's gate.

Then you have sites like this, in which they link the uploaded videos/pictures of the day to day.
I'm not into politics but I like and enjoy a soldier's memoirs as the ultimate action packed drama.

Offline Pthalocy

• Global Moderator
  • Survivor
  • Babyfaced forum Janitor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2016, 02:34:46 AM »
I was drinking during my last post due to a rather ill-timed birthday party for a friend of mine. Yikes.

I completely failed to mention what actually concerns me about Trump's (99% confirmed) presidency is Pence standing right behind him. Pence is just ....hoboy. I can't. Someone else can field the fact on that guy, I've since closed the sources I've dug through and it just makes me too damn mad to go digging for that again. Weirrrd dude.

Can confirm; Canadian Immigration website was down for a good five hours during the closing night of the vote.

Also, what the hell is up with the electoral college? It's like all votes are equal, but some are more equal than others. Up until this election I had never been vested enough in US politics to understand what that was or why it's around. Am I understanding correctly that it's an obsolete remnant of when America was a lot younger, and processing that volume of votes wasn't very feasible yet?
Quote from: Rivet
We accept him, we accept him. One of us, one of us. Gooble gobble, gooble gobble.

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2016, 03:03:49 AM »
The electoral collage was introduced by the founding fathers as a fail-safe. They believed that the people would not be educated enough to vote directly but the electoral collage would so they would vote while keeping the commoners vote in mind.

Also, as for Trump winning, I am a 2nd generation Mexican-American by birth but 1st generation actually raised in the usa and Mexica is 45 minutes and a bridge away so I am supposed to be upset but I am glad Clinton lost. I don't care for Trump at all but he ain't Clinton.
May mother Venus guide us all!

...Noctifer's incredibly loot bloated Survivor Emcampments™...

Offline Profugo Barbatus

• NPC
  • Is that a Minefield?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2016, 03:51:45 AM »
If I was an American, I probably would have voted Trump. He has some policies I agree with (Tightening immigration, a less interventionist foreign policy) and some that I don't agree with (He's not got a very good record towards net neutrality and shutting down internal spying), but compared to the significant corruption of Clinton, I'm willing to take having a harder time keeping my internet activities secret to avoid having her in power.

Trumps not a perfect candidate, but he's definitely better than Clinton, and he's also a step in the right direction on some of the bigger issues.

On the side discussion here, I've seen some pretty crazy video coming out of Syria. Its a morbid curiosity of mine to watch combat like that. Makes me want to play Red Orchestra.
a - || Hip Flask of Coffee (Hot)

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2016, 08:08:30 PM »
Remember Trump is apparently an ass, but he hasnt made a single move against legal immigrants.  yet?

Offline Findulidas

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2016, 08:18:26 PM »
Remember Trump is apparently an ass, but he hasnt made a single move against legal immigrants.  yet?

Well

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37969112

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2016, 08:19:18 PM »
US President-elect Donald Trump has said he will deport or jail up to three million illegal migrants initially.

Aye, you let me know when he does.

Trump has already backed down from the concrete wall too, which is good.  He cant sustain such an idea, nor would it work for long.  It was also too expensive.

Trump's already doing better than I hoped.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 08:21:02 PM by pisskop »

Offline Ferodaktyl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2016, 08:53:44 PM »
how fucking expensive can a wall be ? :D

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2016, 09:02:58 PM »
Its pretty expensive.  Ask China.

but, imagine how long until people tunnel under it or some such.  Are we going to watch every piece, every corner?  And we arent keeping out the real bad people; those can get in via other ways.

Offline Shopkeeper

• Survivor
  • Boy, have I got a deal for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2016, 09:20:44 PM »
I completely failed to mention what actually concerns me about Trump's (99% confirmed) presidency is Pence standing right behind him. Pence is just ....hoboy. I can't. Someone else can field the fact on that guy, I've since closed the sources I've dug through and it just makes me too damn mad to go digging for that again. Weirrrd dude.

He's a good insurance policy. If somebody decides to actually assassinate Trump then we end up with a rightwing anti-everything-rainbow-left establishment Republican in control of the whitehouse, with a majority in house/senate, and the supreme court.

Contrary to what the media might make you think, Trump is a centrist dealmaker who jacked control of the presidency from the establishment. He could care less about what lesbians, gays, bisexuals, and transgender people do. Pence on the otherhand is the establishment with all it entails. Though all the /pol/ nicknames you probably heard are a bit of an exaggeration.

Can confirm; Canadian Immigration website was down for a good five hours during the closing night of the vote.

I find this particularly funny. My older brother is a nationalized Canadian and all these liberals I've seen posting have no idea HOW Canadian immigration works. The requirements are super stringent, even living with his native wife he had to keep up to date on residency and was in contact with an immigration officer several times a year. He has an MBA along with a Computer Science degree and it still took him six years to become an actual citizen.

Also, what the hell is up with the electoral college? It's like all votes are equal, but some are more equal than others. Up until this election I had never been vested enough in US politics to understand what that was or why it's around. Am I understanding correctly that it's an obsolete remnant of when America was a lot younger, and processing that volume of votes wasn't very feasible yet?

I used to think the exact same thing, but let an informed anon educate you my good leaf on the importance of the electoral college.

Well

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37969112

Illegal Immigrants... Trump has no beef with legal immigration, the Republicans certainly don't either. We recognize that demographics are shifting and that will play a part in the future. Hell look at Rubio, he's the future golden boy for republican latino americans.

What we don't want is democrats leaving the floodgates open to illegal immigrants then granting mass amnesty just to create a surge of guaranteed voters in southwestern states. Because that's exactly why they're doing it and you have to be going through some serious mental gymnastics if you think that isn't playing a major part.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 11:22:55 PM by Shopkeeper »

Offline Pthalocy

• Global Moderator
  • Survivor
  • Babyfaced forum Janitor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2016, 03:10:53 AM »
Okay, huh. I think the rationale behind the electoral college has to be one of the most interesting things I've learned this month. Thank you for that.
Quote from: Rivet
We accept him, we accept him. One of us, one of us. Gooble gobble, gooble gobble.

Offline Findulidas

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2016, 11:59:20 AM »
how fucking expensive can a wall be ? :D

3000km long, also for it to actually work as a wall blocking immigration it obviously needs to be guarded pretty decently. Suffice to say its expensive.

Probably not as expensive as finding 3mil immigrants already in the country though.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2016, 01:58:23 PM »
These 3mill are an offering to the PRgods

and patrolling said safety blanket costs upkeep.  3mill illegally residing drug dealers and jwalkers are literally the most documented IIs the country has.

how many IIs did Georgia have again?  in 2010 i think it was 16mill.  ;) not nearly as hard or expensive as you think.

since these are explicitly 'criminals'. we were essentially waiting on the police to do their daily jobs

:feelsgood:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 02:00:53 PM by pisskop »