Author Topic: Cataclysm: Brave New World (V2)  (Read 3748 times)

Offline Dr. Howell

• Zombie Food
  • [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • Click on the first username.
Cataclysm: Brave New World (V2)
« on: November 20, 2016, 12:30:43 AM »
(Got rid of the old one.
This one uses a point system.
Each player starts with 300 points to do what they want.
Everyone starts with a single city block under control.
I control the Events. Do not worry. I will be fair.)
I'm also on Bay 12's forums. Look for a guy called Asin.

Also, don't ask about the profile pic unless you want to be fed to a shocker brute.

Offline Shopkeeper

• Survivor
  • Boy, have I got a deal for you.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Brave New World (V2)
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 12:39:58 AM »
Points don't really help if there isn't a system to quantify what they're used for.

Offline Dr. Howell

• Zombie Food
  • [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 12:54:38 AM »
(Points can be spent on soldiers, supplies and other objects.)

Also, don't ask about the profile pic unless you want to be fed to a shocker brute.

Offline Shopkeeper

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 02:02:50 AM »
Lemme clarify, what context are those 300 points operating under? How much are individual soldiers, supplies and other objects in cost.

Plus you'll probably want to have some kind of application to join. Something like this.

(click to show/hide)

I'm not trying to criticize or anything, but this is kinda basic stuff you need to make something like a faction RP work.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 02:05:53 AM by Shopkeeper »

Offline Dr. Howell

• Zombie Food
  • [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 02:07:14 AM »
(Soldiers are 5 points.
Food packs are 3 points.
Water packs are 4 points.
Weapon packs are 6 points.
You know what? Maybe I'm not cut out for a faction RP if I can't get even the basics right. Shopkeeper, how would you like to run this joint?)

Offline Shopkeeper

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 03:26:10 AM »
I haven't done anything like this in years and this place is kinda dead... But why not, gimme a little bit to brainstorm.

Offline Dr. Howell

• Zombie Food
  • [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 04:26:16 AM »
(Okay, I'll give you time to brainstorm and what not.)

Offline Shopkeeper

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 05:23:43 PM »
Alright, I'm still trying to hash out the formatting but here's what I got.

The stats are as follows: Military/Defense, Infrastructure/Fortification, Medicine/Sanitation, Economy/Productivity, and Culture/Recreation. Assign each stat a value between 1 and 10. You have 25 total points to distribute between these stats. The following is a basic breakdown of what scores in each stat would mean:

Military/Defense:
  • 1 point: Weak, unarmed, untrained, and unequipped rabble who couldn't drive off a pack of wild dogs by themselves.
  • 5 points: Your settlement can hold its own against the hordes that wander nearby, or do an okay job of raiding pretty small groups of travelers; but by no means will it dominate in a battle. Your settlement has many makeshift weapons, and a few guns. Your settlement has a few experienced fighters, but no formal military training.
  • 10 points: The paragon of post-Cataclysm warfare, your settlement has a large supply of working firearms, extensive formal combat and tactical training, and/or excellent defensive systems. Your settlement is, generally speaking, capable of completely annihilating its enemies in battle at home or abroad.

Infrastructure/Fortification:
  • 1 point: A truly pitiful camp, your settlement has naught but tattered tents and a few blankets for protection from the elements, and not everyone even has that. You are completely vulnerable to the environment, and have no structural fortifications against attackers.
  • 5 points: The equivalent of your average burnt-out pre-Cataclysm town, your settlement's people live in poor houses. You've got good enough protection from the elements to get by. This is the minimum score for certain parts of your settlement to have some access to plumbing and electricity, but this access is unreliable.
  • 10 points: Your settlement's people have great knowledge of architecture and construction and, at some point, had the resources to completely rebuild their settlement and then some. Compared to the rest of the region, they live in grand palaces. They have secure housing, sewage, plumbing, and electricity. A settlement with 10 points in this category probably has great structural fortifications against attackers as well.

Medicine/Sanitation:
  • 1 point: Your people live in filth and/or have no access to medical treatment whatsoever. The average life expectancy in your settlement would probably be about thirteen years old.
  • 5 points: Your people have access to basic medical care and know at least enough about sanitation not to walk around covered in human waste. Some people might bathe semi-regularly. The average life expectancy would probably be about twenty-one years old.
  • 10 points: Your settlement has extensive medical knowledge, and can treat nearly any injury or illness that one could encounter in post-apocalyptic New England. Your settlement is very clean and is free of widespread disease. It might not be uncommon for people in your settlement to live into their sixties if we don't all die first.

Industry/Productivity:
  • 1 point: Your people have no knowledge of farming, salvaging, or any other industry or means of producing a living. People barely scrape by with whatever scraps of resources might become available, and starving to death is not uncommon; unless, of course, the people are really damn good traders or raiders.
  • 5 points: Your people produce plenty of goods to get by, but hardly have any surplus for trading outside the community.
  • 10 points: Your settlement is an industrial giant. You farm or salvage plenty to feed yourselves well, and crank out material goods in both quality and quantity. This contributes to a high standard of living, especially considering the influence that this may have on your trade capabilities.

Culture/Recreation:
  • 1 point: The people in your settlement have no recreation whatsoever. Life is dull and boring with no distraction from daily hardships, and morale is low as a result. In fact, I smell a riot brewing right now...
  • 5 points: You've got a fair amount of art and recreation in your settlement. The people are happy with a moderate amount of games and various art forms to engage in in their free time. Recreation, needless to say, is still nowhere near pre-Cataclysm standards, however.
  • 10 points: Your settlement is the cultural capital of the world, or what's left of it anyway... Fine foods, music, art, and recreation of all sorts raise the peoples' morale sky-high and it's almost enough to make them forget that they're struggling to stay alive.

This might seem intimidating to some but rest assured that these will have no concrete effect on the game, but will rather be used as a general guideline to prevent anyone from trying to roleplay as an obviously over-powered settlement. We still need a good map of the region we want to set this in, preferably with a grid overlay for ease of use. Timeline wise I'm thinking of setting it anywhere from a year to two years after the Cataclysm.

Here's the pitch.

You'll be playing as a small up and coming group that has had to adapt up to the harsh environment. How your people have developed is up to you. Are you a rural semi-utopian farming community, carving out decent, honest livings in the wasteland? Perhaps a roving band of pillagers, burning women and raping churches across the region? Something somewhere in between, or something completely different? No matter your group's history and lifestyle, just remember that it's one small fish in a big pond. Compared to the ravenous zombie hordes led by enigmatic otherworldly masters, a virulent fungus that consumes all it comes into contact with, alien hives of sentient plant colonizers, and even the remnants of the federal government. Your group is not powerful, at least not at the moment. And there is a very high chance that your fledgling faction will not survive. With that said, let us enter an adventurous, scarred land, and weave a story of life... in the dark days ahead.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 05:51:22 PM by Shopkeeper »

Offline A Blitzkried of Butts

• Survivor
  • It's Blitzkrieg, not Blitzkried
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 07:04:39 PM »
Seems interesting.

Name: 127th Survivor Corps

Military/Defense: 8
Well armed with dated weaponry, WWII era or older. Would be lower if we didn't have a mechanic who managed to fix up a sweet M18 Hellcat. Only a handful of shells but it's neat nonetheless. We also are historical reinactors, don't know if that counts for training though.

Infrastructure/Fortification: 5
Based in an old WWII museum, not to terrible but still needs fortifying to get it as safe as possible. We do have solar panels though, so we have power to the building.

Medicine/Sanitation: 3
We have a doctor but no meds besides the very basics. Send help please.

Industry/Productivity: 5
We have a farm on the roof and a great fishing lake nearby, so I'd say we're doing well for ourselves.

Culture/Recreation: 4
We have a few board games. We also have a choir. So no ones on edge, but it could be improved.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 07:06:41 PM by A Blitzkried of Butts »
Quote from: TheFlame52
Granades are Russian roulette. One chamber has money, one has candy, two have blanks, one has rat-shot, and the last one has a bullet. You just got the bullet.
Quote from: pisskop
Z is the plane that jumps off the paper and into your face/desk
Full of sigs

Offline Shopkeeper

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 03:47:10 AM »
Yeah, this is nice. It's a good example of the kind of unique applications I'd like to see, needs to be fleshed out with an important leader/person or two but that's no big deal.

Just kinda worried we don't have the roleplaying forum population to get something like this going right now. I'm perfectly fine playing the part of minor groups or NPC factions to provide some interaction, but I'd like 4-5 other player controlled groups to keep things from going stagnant.

Offline Dr. Howell

• Zombie Food
  • [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2016, 04:29:37 AM »
(Maybe advertise this thread somehow?)

Offline Shopkeeper

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2016, 02:45:30 AM »
This is the only other thread active in the rec room. It's been bumped by posting for the last couple days now.

Offline DeclanFrost

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2016, 04:10:52 AM »
Name: "Luddites"; Farmers' holdout.

Military/Defense: 2
Sorely lacking. What few farmers who were capable of handling firearms to repel local wildlife had packed up and gone to become PC's (xD), leaving only the able-bodied though untrained and inexperienced majority of the community to defend themselves. The only weapons are various farming implements I'll suited for combat and a rusty and broken beyond repair old winchester rifle from ages past.

Infrastructure/Fortification: 5
The community-run farm is still in decent condition. Though very vulnerable to fire, the wooden buildings are sturdy enough to withstand more conventional methods of attack. Buildings include a large silo, barn, small pasture, (empty) and holding pen for various animals. An (unpowered) electric fence encircles the compound, made with barbed wire in case the power was out.

Medicine/Sanitation: 5
Decent. Farmhouse contains some medication ranging from cold relievers to pain pills for sore-muscled farmers. Within the fence (but far from any living areas) is a designated dump site for trash and refuse.

Industry/Productivity: 8
We're farmers dagnabbit! Entire community is accustomed to day-long hard labor, and efficient labor, at that! Various fields produce crops in excess, and a chicken coop provides additional, reliable sustenance. All farm vehicles are operational, and can be repaired by skilled farm mechanics.

Culture/Recreation: 5
People keep busy. Poker games are held every other day. Bible studies (the preacher has stopped coming around for his regular sermons, for some reason) are held every Sunday.
Ironically there are more pimps in garages than wrenches.

Offline ApatheticExcuse

• Survivor
  • Waiting for the tide to get low
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2016, 12:12:03 AM »
This looks fun, and since the UM RP section is dead right now, can I still join up? I'll also see if I can't drag one or two people who aren't still salty from over there, maybe.

In terms of low-population, my limited experience is that if you build it, and it's cool enough, people will trickle in.

I'd suggest we stick with New England as the setting. It's not hard to make a grid with google maps and photoshop, and I'd be happy to help. If you haven't thought of a 100% way of doing this, I'd suggest having a large "overview" map, as well as smaller scale maps representing certain areas of interest. Once again, Google maps makes that easy. Just a suggestion, if you haven't got that all figured out already.

Alternatively, Blitz suggested Duluth as the setting of something similar in a different RP a while back. While it would be a bit of a radioactive mess IRL, there's a pile of really neat potential resources, as well as access to the Great Lakes, within a relatively small area around it. That could be pretty cool as well.

Name: The Royal Canadian Dragoons, C Squadron (AKA The Min/Max Marauders)

Canada wasn't hit as hard as the US in the initial days of the Cataclysm, and while their American counterparts were busy suppressing riots with deadly force and covering up zombie incidents, the Canadians were typically going about some semblance of normal daily lives, the government either being left unaware of the reality of the problems the US was facing, or simply choosing to ignore the direction in which the events were headed. When shit really started to hit the fan, it was really too late to do anything - by the time the last of the bombs dropped, the east coast was a mess, and Canada in general was left without any real leadership.

In some places, this made for a worse situation than what the Americans faced - major cities like Toronto, Edmonton, and Vancouver were left as radioactive craters, where anyone left alive had little chance of remaining that way. Other places, such as small communities in the far north, spent the first winter starving to death as the food shipment they relied on never appeared.

But for the most part, things were not so bad. Remote, self sufficient communities pulled together, and life carried on after the lights went out. Police and military, at least those that weren't killed in the blasts, had not had time to deploy to face the undead foe, and were left relatively intact. While the country was broken enough to not be considered a real nation, for some individuals, things looked ok.

C squadron was stationed at CFB Gagetown when everything went down, and were one of the lucky units not located near any other vital targets. While the majority of the division went up in smoke as Ontario was turned into so many craters, New Brunswick, and accordingly Gagetown, we either forgotten or spared a nuke.

Realizing they might be the last bastion of government on the east coast, C squadron took action. Their commanding officer declared martial law, fortified the base, and for a while, order reigned supreme. As things began to come apart all over North America, the situation grew more and more tenuous, and the civilian population grew more and more restless. In response, the squadron began to take increasingly drastic measures to maintain control. Finally, a breaking point was reached, resulting in a small civil war amongst C squadron, the other military survivors, and the civilian population. When the smoke cleared, only the most ruthless had survived, and the previous community was left in shambles.

C squadron, reduced in numbers to only the most hardened members, abandoned the remains of Gagetown, and hit the road. Though idealism is not completely dead, and they swear that someday, when things have calmed down, they will rebuild, in practice they take what they require from the weak, and focus only on surviving at all costs until that day.

Military/Defense: 14

C squadron is a heavy armoured unit, formerly one of the elites of an already elite professional military. Though they've lost a great deal of their members since the Cataclysm, and much of their higher-tech gear is now redundant, they are still possibly the best equipped fighting force in north america. Trucks, Coyote LAVs, and small arms are abundant, as is ammunition and conventional fuel for them. They are experienced vets of real conflicts across the world, highly augmented, and are well organized, their command structure having adapted well to the situation.

They are well equipped (relatively speaking) for nearly any combat situation, as well as biological or chemical attacks.

They have also managed to maintain three of the squadron's 21 Leopard tanks. Though they have plenty of spare parts, travelling south into the US has used up most of their fuel, and they will likely have to either stop and make a permanent camp, or simply abandon them at some point in the near future.

Infrastructure/Fortification: 2

While they lack any static defenses, being a mobile faction, the majority of their vehicles have been modified to act as a wall when properly deployed around their nightly camp. It's not great, but it does keep the zombies away, and between the visual impression left by the armoured column itself, and the simple physical protection offered by their makeshift "wagon circle", it's enough to make many people think twice about attacking. The actual accomodations - tents and trucks - aren't comfortable, but they are functional in keeping everyone from getting sick or freezing to death in bad weather.

Medicine/Sanitation: 2

C squadron was at one point equipped with both an excellent medical facility at Gagetown, and several highly qualified medical personal. They lost both in the internal conflict. While they are fairly well provisioned with the basics such as anti-biotics, morphine, and other supplies, they have really no personnel available with which to properly use them. Everyone present has basic training, and there are a few medics running around, but it's pretty basic stuff that only goes so far.

Sanitation is somewhat of a non-issue. No one is stupid enough to walk around covered in poop, though no one smells too good or have clean uniforms. While not a ton of time is dedicated to building well-designed latrines or long term garbage dumps, it doesn't really a matter much as the force generally does not stay in one spot for more than a day or two.

((I mean, c'mon. It's been two years. It's not like people would forget the basics that we've known for the last two hundred such as "remember to boil water", "wash your hands before trying to remove a bullet", and "don't shit in the mess hall".))

Industry/Productivity: 1

Back at Gagetown, C squadron had everything they could want - machine shops, powerplants, and agriculture, to name a few things. They also had a full brigade of engineers at their disposal.

Not anymore. Now they really only have strength of arms and their own resourcefulness. While they are skilled and intelligent enough in general to potentially find a way to produce enough to meet their needs, provided they had the resources to camp out for a year and try to learn effective agriculture and production, the easier route thus far has been to rely on finding resources or taking them from others. Because their reliance on this requires them to keep moving, and being able to keep moving relies on having the resources to do so, they have been unable to come up with any realistic way to break the cycle.

Culture/Recreation: 1

Discipline is strictly maintained, though sometimes through draconian methods that the pre-war army might have been horrified at. Generally though, the military did not allow for much recreation beyond whatever the troops could think up when on deployment, so the men are somewhat used to having little to do, and are generally busy killing or entrenching depending on the time of day anyway.

More than anything, what holds them together is the sense that they are doing better than anyone else due to still being a unit. People here are smart enough to realize that getting the lash for dereliction of duty is generally still better than dying of starvation or disease alone in a ditch. The biggest threat to the integrity this provides is presented in the possibility of someday encountering another group that, while not likely to be able to resist a violent take over, is living in much better conditions than C squadron, particularly when the takeover would destroy those conditions. It hasn't happened yet, but it would make people think.

Thus far, this has all has worked ok, and the command has held everything together. Thus far.

Dunno if you count that as OP. Obviously, their strength is that they are relatively numerous compared to the other factions, and that about the only thing that can best them in a fight would be another professional military company that is equally well equipped. Their weakness is that they can't really replace lost manpower easily, lost equipment at all, and that they rely on being able to constantly move and raid the countryside in order to keep together and survive.

EDIT: I may change this all after the mechanics are laid out a little more. With the current categories, it would be pretty easy to assume a professional military would be just about as competent as everyone else simply due to their training, regardless of points. Obviously, I'd try to avoid playing that card, but if overpowering force doesn't mesh well, I might come up with something different.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 01:31:09 AM by ApatheticExcuse »
Sometimes I think I'd have an easier time surviving Cataclysm IRL than in game.

Offline Mike64

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2016, 10:07:26 AM »
Hey how you doing guys? Hope there is still space for me to join because this seems like fun. Anyway, let me get to my settlement.

Name: Quiet Mountain

The town of Quiet Mountain is an odd one. It rested with it's back to a cliff and was large enough to be a small city, but everyone knew each other. Before everything died and people started eating each other's eyeballs; people from half way crosstown would go visit people they had met in the grocery store for tea and drinks. Such nice people... Shame. Real shame...

Quiet Mountain is northerly surrounded by a thick marsh, and old Acer rubrum trees. The swamp surrounding Quiet Mountain would frequently produce noxious fumes and horrific smells that would blind and suffocate anyone who decides to walk into the swamp. These gases would also drift into the town, much more diluted then before, and give the impression of an almost permanent fog on the town. Such an eerie look for such a nice town.

The town of Quiet Mountain did have a dark side though... Quiet Mountain was a staging base for Soviet forces during the early years of the cold war. You see; the town's mayor, Mr. McGarthy, was actually a sleeper agent for the Soviets. Now the Americans knew this, and made Mr. McGarthy "see the light" as he passed away "peacefully". The Soviets had moved a lot of equipment to Quiet Mountain, but hid it pretty fucking well. And the Americans at that time only saw Mr. McGarthy as a threat. Not knowing the massive amount of weapons and gear hidden in the town. Funny past huh?

Years after the Cataclysm. Survivors, who were heading north, found Quiet Mountain and it's giant... Mountain, blocking their path. Not wanting to venture into the town survivors just made tents and small camps outside of the town. At first the camps were very small and scattered. But soon, a small "tent city" was formed outside the town. As people saw their numbers grow they saw the town as more of a potential target for loot, and possibly a new life. And so, a relatively okay sized militia was formed, armed with anything they could find they marched into Quiet Mountain... And found nothing. No zombies, No survivors, Not a living thing for miles...

But what they did find, was even scarier. TVs... Still on, Food still warm on the table, stoves with tea kettles blaring their whistle tune, and a whole lot of eerie nothing. But the survivors were hardened. And saw the town as a new light in the forbidding darkness and set up shop. Not long after, a small mutant child was playing in one of the parks when he hit his paw on something metal in the ground. His human parents comforted him, as well as investigated the object he hit... It was a hatch, after they opened it they were in awe of what they found... The old Soviet stash... Guns and equipment still perfectly intact. Ammo was there, gear was there, even ammo for tanks were there.

The survivors found this as an token of good faith, and not long after... In old Cold War era Soviet equipment... Managed to fortify and fix the town. Ready for whatever else the Cataclysm has in store for them.

Military/Defense: 5

Quiet Mountain is equipped with old Cold War era Soviet gear. AK-74s. AN-94s, RPK-74s, and even some RPG-7s is just some of their growing arsenal. Along with all their scavenged and re-purposed gear they found while on the run before they found the town the survivors of Quiet Mountain can hold their own against zombies.

But... their training leaves something to be desired, and the survivors only have minor experience in fighting human opponents. Though they know the areas outside of Quiet Mountain pretty well. And seeing that there is a massive swamp filled with nasty horrors and who knows what else surrounding them, they are in a defensive tactician's wet dream. Plus, seeing as how they are just random survivors, some are mutants. Possessing natural weaponry and natural defense. Some even aquatic and can move about the swamp outside the town like gazelle.

Well equipped, not well trained but equivalent to minutemen and have a lot of mutants in their ranks.

Infrastructure/Fortification: 10

Their natural position with them facing a swamp and a mountain to their back means that if anyone want's to take on the town they have to go through the front door, and even that isn't easy. IEDs for hordes are set up along the route, and hunter/scouts watch the roads while scavenging. Running info back to the town. And if they get past the IEDs then the DShKs and AKs waiting for them at the entrance would make quick work of any approaching invader. That's if they get past the "welcoming party" waiting for them in the swamps and cross roads leading to the town.

The town of Quiet Mountain has a canning factory, and that one factory provides much of the machine work done to the defensive capabilities in the town. Machines and stamped metal lines the outskirts of the town. A gate made out of steel keeps and thing hostile and dangerous out. And the ability for the town to create guns and modify them is a welcoming plus too.

Guerrilla style warfare with defense plains in-case of wandering horde attack. Can be re-purposed if hostile survivor attack. The ability for them to create and produce modified weaponry is also a plus.

Medicine/Sanitation: 1

Quiet Mountain only had a small clinic in the town of about 1,250 people in it's prime. But seeing as the hearty people of the town almost never got sick, the clinic sorta just sat there and did nothing... But now that the Cataclysm struct, the survivors that now see Quiet Mountain as their home are using the run-down building as a medical center 24/7. But the clinic (like their equipment) is behind the latest, most modern tech available in the big cities. Medical equipment is also extremely rare, and unless you have a very high chance of dying the survivors will only use primitive methods to heal your wounds.

The sanitation of Quiet Mountain doesn't help the medical situation however. Survivors frequently throw their feces into the swamp which produces more chemical build up in the already disgusting swamp. The people of the town who have a keener sense of smell frequently flex their scales and twitch their ears at the stench. And the people who don't have those things usually just pinch their nose when they have to wander into the swamp for something. It doesn't help that they get their water from the river. So the boiling process is done very carefully and precisely. Even so, people still get sick. But again, the mutants don't have much of a problem with the water... Probably the taste though; that still gets to them.

Terrible medical stations and sanitation keep the entire town on edge. Humans who go near the swamp for any reason almost always puts on chemical gear. And mutants who go near the swamp also don a gasmask or chem-suit just in case. The same thing that keeps them safe could also kill them...

Industry/Productivity: 3

Quiet Mountain was a small town with a canning factory. So the survivors who moved in don't have much to look forward to when it comes to making anything outside of an AK work. Most of the stuff that doesn't have backwards letters stamped onto it's steel barrel shroud are taken from outside towns and brought in by survivors looking to stay. That's not to say that people don't make new clothes or make modifications for guns... They just don't do it often because of resource limitations. The canning factory is a testament to that.

Food and supplies are plentiful however. Because of the four super marts near the town plaza that was fully stocked when the survivors moved in they have plenty of food and supplies to grow food. Which they have been doing, just not in massive quantities. The town needs to become self sufficient or else...

Modification and repair is limited, but food, at the moment, is plentiful. And the town has been working their way towards becoming self sufficient.

Culture/Recreation: 6

While they might be living in the middle of a shit covered swamp, using weapons made half way across the world, and some of the survivors are half animal... They live in total harmony. Just like the people who lived in Quiet Mountain before them. They wish to know every new person who walks through those massive gates. And are close friends or good acquaintance to everyone in the town. Frequently new families, completely normal or covered in fur and plate, join the town. And find the friendly faces comforting... An escape from the horrors outside.

The town of Quiet Mountain had many different things to do before the Cataclysm happened. Bowling, arcade, diners, drive-in movies, and even a soccer field surrounded by a beautiful park. And thanks to many of the buildings in town having solar panels and connected to wind turbines on the mountains backing Quiet Mountain. Power is contently be outputted plentiful. So the luxuries of an arcade and drive-in movie could be experienced by the survivors. Though, because of old batteries and rusted wind turbines, sometimes the power does go out for some lengths of time. And it's hard for everyone to beat Jimmy's high score in Contra because of that; but I digress...

People are nice, and have many luxuries. Battery power is an issue. But most of the survivors are patient, and can go long lengths of time without playing a game or watching the classic movies on the old drive-in.

Well guys, here is my settlement. Silent Hi- I mean... Quiet Mountain. If there is anything wrong with the settlement just post it. I'll fix it in a jiffy! Hope to get this thing rolling nonetheless!