Author Topic: Cataclysm: Brave New World (V2)  (Read 3354 times)

Offline Dec

• Survivor
  • Have You Seen the Yellow Sign?
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Brave New World (V2)
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2017, 06:37:49 AM »
I'm a merciless tease, I know

Truth be told this is like a maybe 50/50 at this point
"'Ever Their praises, and abundance to the Black Goat of the Woods. Iä! Shub-Niggurath! Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!'"

Offline Dr. Howell

• Zombie Food
  • [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • Click on the first username.
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2017, 01:29:55 AM »
(Hello?)
I'm also on Bay 12's forums. Look for a guy called Asin.

Also, don't ask about the profile pic unless you want to be fed to a shocker brute.

Offline ApatheticExcuse

• Survivor
  • Waiting for the tide to get low
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2017, 04:59:30 AM »
Dec has been kinda busy lately. I was going to help him run it, but similarly, UM has stuff happening again so there's RP to be had, and Doggo and yourself are both doing things here which are now using most of my RP time.

Beyond that, while Dec is good at running RPs, I'm not. So I'd say if someone does want to try starting this up, I can provide mechanics and graphic assistance or whatever if they are willing to do the writing and actual GM'ing.
Sometimes I think I'd have an easier time surviving Cataclysm IRL than in game.

Offline DalekTor

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2017, 04:23:33 AM »
Hello, all!

I've been lurking for awhile, and then I decided that this RP looked fun so I'd make an account and submit an application.

Anyway, here are my dudes!

The Pack

Numbers: Decently big, definitely larger than average but by far not the largest faction in the RP.

Flavor:

The Pack's original members were a veritable army of unwilling test subjects that, in the early days of the Cataclysm, were taken by the panicking remains of the government, brainwashed, rapidly and chaotically mutated, and dropped into the middle of the Cataclysm to kill it. While extremely effective, most of the 'soldiers' died for various reasons (and didn't put too much of a dent in the Cataclysm), leaving a hardened core of survivors of varying sanity that eventually met up and formed the Pack.

The Pack is now a roving warband that wanders around, scavenging what they need from the countryside, sweeping up any unaffiliated people in the area, and murdering zombies for both lulz and delicious meats.

Their leader Alpha's current plan is to try and find a group that they can get hired by to perform mercenary work for, because she's realized that eventually, they'll run out of stuff to scavenge, and it's much easier to have someone else do all the work of building the support base for you.

Leader:

Alpha is a Post-Threshold Chimera. She doesn't really remember much of before the Cataclysm, but she retained an impressive intellect and upwards of 90% of her sanity. With this and her mutations, she was able to personally beat a lot of the other Chimeras released with her into submission and convince the rest to follow her. She's rather cold and calculating, and, while preferring independence, is willing to play nice with others.

If you want I can add an illustration or something.

Stats:

Military 10 - The Pack is composed of a LOT of mutants, mostly Chimeras (with a lot of Post-Threshold ones), has a bunch of people with bionics, and awhile back some of its members figured out how to make Kevlar-lined fur wraps. While they're pretty average on the ranged front, they absolutely rule at melee and most of them are absolute TANKS.

Infrastructure 2 - The Pack is usually mobile, and as such doesn't have a lot of fixed infrastructure. They do have a few vehicles that they carry their stuff in, but that's pretty much it.

Medicine 5 - Some of the members of the Pack used to work at those labs, and as such have things like medical degrees. They also are decently good at scavenging and therefore have decent if irregular stocks of medical supplies, and Chimeras are really tough.

Industry 3 - The Pack can keep itself fed and maintain its equipment, and some of its members are really good scavengers, but their lack of a proper base camp prevents any actual production. They do have a few trailers with equipment for basic things like making arrows and the like, and they do have a lot of knowledgeable people, but they have no equipment.

Culture 5 - The Pack is surprisingly stable. Alpha managed to whip the group into a semblance of a society, and everyone is kept happy through her promises of finding a good place to settle down (for the more normal ones) and lots of violent conflict with the forces of the Cataclysm (for the not-so-sane). Also, one of its members likes collecting any books they find and isn't adverse to lending them out to other people, as long as they keep them nice.

Maybe the Pack could wander into DeclanFrost's Luddites and get hired as their military arm *grins*

Offline Alcatraz

• Survivor
  • I sleep ontop of a hand grenade.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2017, 05:42:17 AM »
Unfortunately, this RP is pretty much dead, and has suffered the unfortunate fate of many other RPs here.

Offline DalekTor

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2017, 02:13:03 AM »
(Makes sad face)

This looked like a really good one too...

Offline Dr. Howell

• Zombie Food
  • [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • Click on the first username.
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2017, 10:32:27 PM »
I'm also on Bay 12's forums. Look for a guy called Asin.

Also, don't ask about the profile pic unless you want to be fed to a shocker brute.