Author Topic: Need Help on the C++ code  (Read 220 times)

Offline bennettdrill

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Need Help on the C++ code
« on: November 27, 2016, 09:25:19 PM »
So I'm trying to make a monster similar to the ratking, but for insects.

(background info down here, forum wouldn't let me put in a spoiler, so just scroll down to the line)

So I downloaded code::blocks and started doing some reverse engineering/self teaching like my good old SS13 days.
   Wanting to actually start the mod after halfway confident with my skill, I started looking into the ratking C++ code,
   everything was going smooth, until I tried to add an the insect counterpart to the rat/ratting effect.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I see that in monattack.cpp there is a little bit of code governing ratking's attack.

CODE:
    if (rl_dist( z->pos(), g->u.pos() ) <= 10)
    {
        g->u.add_effect( effect_rat, 30);
    }

And it talks about adding the effect when a player gets too close (I believe), but where is the actual code for effect_rat?
   I mean, precisely the code that might say something like this from what I've gathered from the mutation code.

CODE:
    effect_rat()
    {
        g->u.mutate_category( rat );
    }

I've looked on github to no avail, for a moderate amount of time.

So:
     Where is the code for effect_rat kept?
                    and
     How can I add my effect?

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks!

Btw this is my first ever post on a forum, but I've been lurking for a while, so I'm not too intelligible around forum common procedure.
If I'm doing something horribly wrong, tell me! =p
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 10:03:11 PM by bennettdrill »

Offline Coolthulhu

• Contributor
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help on the C++ code
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 10:31:12 PM »
player.cpp, search for effect_rat

Offline bennettdrill

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help on the C++ code
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 10:39:17 PM »
Thanks, I found everything I needed there!
Still not sure why when you search effect_rat in the repo search on github it only turns up mondeath.cpp & monattack.cpp, but aside from that, now I dont have to waste even more of my time repo searching. =p