Author Topic: The Prodigal Son Returns (And an RP interest check of sorts)  (Read 343 times)

Offline DapperDogman

• Survivor
  • Bad Company, till the day I die.
    • View Profile
The Prodigal Son Returns (And an RP interest check of sorts)
« on: December 31, 2016, 03:59:08 PM »
I've been gone for some time now, and finally decided to return here, to see if anyone is interested in an RP or two!

So, the main idea I have for now would be "The Frigid Wastes"

I had an idea for a potentially episodical series of RPs, starting with Episode 1: Icebreaker

In this post-apocalyptic setting, the world is plunged into war. And when it becomes clear that Nuclear armaments are not a good idea, the US unleashes an experimental weather weapon onto its enemies. This weapon caused an icy tundra to form over formally temperate areas and caused already cold areas to become inhospitable. The only problem was that the weapon's influence quickly spread, freezing lakes, rivers and even some areas of the oceans, as it enveloped the whole world.

This RP takes place in one of a few areas I'll let you folks decide on, and depending on the choice, this will either be a story about struggling to survive in a land inhabited by nomadic raiders, and struggling settlements, or an all-out fight for your life in a once great city, now barren.

I was just wondering who might be interested in this, if anyone at all. And if so, what sort of difficulty people were seeking from this RP.

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
Re: The Prodigal Son Returns (And an RP interest check of sorts)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 06:42:01 PM »
Hey Dogguy, good to see you're still kicking. I'd be interested in something like this. Maybe we could start it up in Cincinnati, a place held in an iron grip by a group of raiders. The players are pinned down in its icy center, and have to sneak, run, or fight their way out of the place.

Using the actual city of Cincinnati isn't really important, I just picked it because it seems like one of those places that would get turned into an icy ruin.

Offline DapperDogman

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 07:11:59 PM »
That sounds like an interesting scenario with a lot to offer the group, should they survive. As long as the RP gains enough interest, and no-one who plans to join has any objections, that would be a pretty good starting point. It offers loot, a place to set up operations, should you choose to fight the raiders off, and a good central hub for future installments, unless the group bails, of course.

Offline A Blitzkried of Butts

• Survivor
  • <i>kek</i>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 02:05:56 AM »
Sounds cool, I am okay with pretty much anything
Quote from: TheFlame52
Granades are Russian roulette. One chamber has money, one has candy, two have blanks, one has rat-shot, and the last one has a bullet. You just got the bullet.
Quote from: pisskop
Z is the plane that jumps off the paper and into your face/desk
Full of sigs

Offline DapperDogman

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 04:55:07 PM »
I'd be happy enough to host this if we could get another person, two or three more would be great, but another one will be enough for now, I feel. I might drop a line to some folks, and see if they're interested at all.

Offline Dec

• Survivor
  • Have You Seen the Yellow Sign?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 07:53:28 PM »
Oh boy, I'm up for it, dude. Nice to see you're still alive.
"'Ever Their praises, and abundance to the Black Goat of the Woods. Iä! Shub-Niggurath! Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!'"

Offline DapperDogman

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 08:03:35 PM »
And with that, we have enough for me to comfortably start this RP up!

Also, great to see you're still knocking about these parts, Dec!

I'll get an intro post up with the IC when I have some time ^_^