Author Topic: Resolutions!  (Read 607 times)

Offline DeclanFrost

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Resolutions!
« on: January 01, 2017, 07:16:36 PM »
Aha! I found something new years-y to start a topic about!
I'll start us off:
1. I'm gonna start being a lot more RP-y with my CDDA characters (I'm talking illiterate hobo who knows his way around thr inside of a car and fights with nothing more than a wrench and high blood alcohol levels)
2. Start playing a lot more games like CDDA and DF (Caves of Qud ftw!) [FAILED: for now, my laptop can't handle anything that requires RAM and processing power, despite running mw3 campaign mode almost smoothly]
3. Stop pretending like I'm an adult on the nets (It's fun and all, being relatively mature online, but I'm actually just an immature af highschooler) Got myself banned from a forum for inappropriate posts. I'm done with this for a year.
4. Start learning how to draw (runs in the family, so it shouldn't be too hard) [UPDATE: I'm not bad for someone who'snever picked up a pencil for anything other than writing before.]
5. Arrange that Piano Man parody that I said I'd do for mentos (user, not mint)
6. Get laid again [UPDATE: almost] Achievement get maddafakas!
7. Start dabbling in Linux kali again
8. Become master hacker
9. Hack my way into politics
10. Profit! $$$
11. Dabble in CDDA modding to contribute to community [UPDATE: began modding again in DF. Counts for something]
12. Get driver's license
13. Bag a 14-point buck next season 8-point, close, but I lost my window.
14. Get a gf (see no. 6 for further details) [UPDATE: just absolutely rekt (positive) this resolution.] See #6
15. Become all-powerful being that controls the minds of every creature on earth.

That's it for me. Will keep editing this post til I get everything done! (I'm a bit skeptical about no. 7 though)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 12:17:00 AM by DeclanFrost »
Ironically there are more pimps in garages than wrenches.

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
Re: Resolutions!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 01:08:00 AM »
1. Take care of my baby
2. Release DDA 0.D
3. Get a promotion at work.
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire
I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems. -Nighthawk
The the giant wasp is slammed through the zombie brute!

Offline DeclanFrost

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 05:03:03 AM »
1. Take care of my baby
2. Release DDA 0.D
3. Get a promotion at work.
1. Easy to forget that devs have their own lives outside of CDDA. Even easier to forget that you guys have been doing this for free for God knows how long, putting time and effort into something that doesn't pay the bills or give you anything other than the knowledge that thousands of people's lives are made just a little bit better, and even then, some don't appreciate you, or at least not nearly as much as you deserve. You go do that, Kevin! Live your actual life a bit more!

2. On the other hand...xD You could just do this instead :D (kidding, of course) (kidding just a little)

3. A promotion? Judging from your coding skill and the apparent amount of free time you allocate to CDDA devving, I thought your job was along the lines of independent programmer (like devving some sort of boring, technical project). But yeah, good luck with that!

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 06:06:33 AM »
God knows how long,
About 4 years now :D
3. A promotion? Judging from your coding skill and the apparent amount of free time you allocate to CDDA devving, I thought your job was along the lines of independent programmer (like devving some sort of boring, technical project). But yeah, good luck with that!
Lol nope, I just put in 40-50H at work then 10-40H on dda, EZ
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire

Offline mentos046

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 06:48:45 PM »

I wrote that when I was bored and consistently dying to Brutes (only one of those things has changed since). It might be fun to hear, but I never intended to coerce anyone into doing anything, so please don't feel obligated to arrange it.

That's it for me. Will keep editing this post til I get everything done! (I'm a bit skeptical about no. 7 though)
I know Linux is an operating system, but I'm not really sure what Linux Kali is, it must be pretty intimidating, though, if this is what you doubt you'll manage.

15. Become all-powerful being that controls the minds of every creature on earth.

You think you could lend me a small country to play with when you do?
I promise I'll be a good little peon.

As for resolutions, I'm not really sure. Maybe figure out how to operate forums better, since the most complex thing I can manage right now is the quote function.

Offline DeclanFrost

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 07:13:09 PM »

I wrote that when I was bored and consistently dying to Brutes (only one of those things has changed since). It might be fun to hear, but I never intended to coerce anyone into doing anything, so please don't feel obligated to arrange it.

I know Linux is an operating system, but I'm not really sure what Linux Kali is, it must be pretty intimidating, though, if this is what you doubt you'll manage.

You think you could lend me a small country to play with when you do?
I promise I'll be a good little peon.

As for resolutions, I'm not really sure. Maybe figure out how to operate forums better, since the most complex thing I can manage right now is the quote function.

1. I've taken it upon myself to create that arrangement. No coercing needed. I'm just doing what anyone else would do given the skills and the inspiration :D

Linux Kali is an OS designed for penetration testing (doing vulnerability tests on websites, networks, etc iirc) (also good for doing stuff you shouldn't be doing online without leaving too many footprints). I've forgotten how to use it - which is surprising as I used it just over a year ago.

15. That can be arranged. I'll give you Russia. I trust you'll be Putin  (hehe) it to good use. But if you don't and/or keep Stalin (hehex2), I'll shoot you into space while strapped on a nuke.

Offline TheFlame52

• Survivor
  • Forumite Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 05:45:57 AM »
I'm going to stop staying up so late.

*looks at clock*

12:45 AM
Quote from: Jarlaxle
All hail our new Over(powered) Lord TheFlame52
Quote from: Arek_PL
THEY CAN DAMAGE FLAME! WE ARE DOOMED!
Quote from: Jakers
Oh Marloss Man, you and your unstoppable rampages throughout the world.

Offline DeclanFrost

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 01:04:00 PM »
Posting for progress. Check first post.

Offline DeclanFrost

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 12:17:41 AM »
Double-posting for progress.

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 04:04:26 AM »
Realized my previous reply was unclear, my day job is, "devving some boring, technical project*", I'm just not independent.

*Amazon.com's legacy, but still primary web rendering engine.  The thing is GNARLY.