Author Topic: The Frigid Wastes. Episode 1: Icebreaker  (Read 3823 times)

Offline DapperDogman

• Survivor
  • Bad Company, till the day I die.
    • View Profile
Re: The Frigid Wastes. Episode 1: Icebreaker
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2017, 10:31:04 PM »
The men outside continue to sweep the town, each building yielding small amounts of supplies, a few cans of food, bottles of frozen water, clothes and a handful of melee weapons. The leader returns from within the building he'd entered, and eyes the small pile of loot, shaking his head.

"There should be way more..." he growls, his eyes suddenly catching onto the small heaps of disturbed snow near the library "Well, well. What do we have here?"

"Ah shit. Looks like there's gonna be a fight" Yuri mumbles, releasing the safety from his rifle as he shifts slightly "I don't know if the folks in that town are friendly, but those raiders do not look very pleasant at all"

"If you come out with your hands up, I'll think about letting you live!" the leader shouts smugly. He hadn't sent any of his troops to flank, so for anyone aware of the raider's whereabouts, it was clear they planned a full frontal assault. Easily defended against, but the enemy force numbered at least a dozen men.

You are faced with the choice of standing your ground or fleeing with as many supplies as you can manage

Offline A Blitzkried of Butts

• Survivor
  • <i>kek</i>
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2017, 03:25:02 AM »
"We should start shooting."Said Katherine, waiting for a opportunity to take one of them out.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Granades are Russian roulette. One chamber has money, one has candy, two have blanks, one has rat-shot, and the last one has a bullet. You just got the bullet.
Quote from: pisskop
Z is the plane that jumps off the paper and into your face/desk
Full of sigs

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2017, 04:37:24 AM »
Ray looks over his shoulder at the entrance, and then back to the group. He shakes his head. "No, we're outnumbered and outgunned, and we just lost the element of surprise. We should get what we can and get out the back, ASAP."

Offline joebob1337

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2017, 03:58:09 PM »
"Hell, where's the fun in hiding, Kathrine, lay down covering fire"

Aleksandr stepped out of the doorway with a bottle of vodka.

"Cant we settle this on a drink?

"No?"

"Well fuck you!"

As he said that he started shootings them with his PPSH, first burst killed two of them, Aleksandr quickly ducked for cover.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 04:07:26 PM by joebob1337 »

• Survivor
  • <i>kek</i>
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2017, 04:11:11 PM »
"God DAMNIT Aleksandr!" Yelled Katherin, give the Russian bastard covering fire.
Granades are Russian roulette. One chamber has money, one has candy, two have blanks, one has rat-shot, and the last one has a bullet. You just got the bullet.
Full of sigs

Offline Dec

• Survivor
  • Have You Seen the Yellow Sign?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2017, 07:07:12 PM »
The form currently slumped up against one of the library's bookshelves cradling a bottle of gin like a newborn baby rocketed to life at the sound of nearby gunfire, standing quickly and shaking his greatcoat free of the old place's dust. A gloved hand slipped to his side, drawing the ten-inch revolver he'd come to know and love from its trusty holster, before he slid up to one of the windows near the front of the library.

"Really, guys? I nod off for a few minutes..."

Smashing the window from his covered position, Aldo cocked the hammer on his revolver back with one thumb, before peeking out the opening for a split second to send two bullets in the direction of the nearest raiders. He liked .30 Carbine, personally. A bit like .357, but a bit lighter, and much faster.
"'Ever Their praises, and abundance to the Black Goat of the Woods. Iä! Shub-Niggurath! Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!'"

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2017, 07:36:19 PM »
"You got a death wish or somethin'?!" Ray shouts at Aleksandr. He looks at the back exit and then towards the group. He swears under his breath, and flicking the safety off of his pistol he quickly slides over to one of the library windows. He slowly peeks over the window sill and takes aim while the men are focused on the distraction by the door. He squeezes the trigger twice, letting loose two 9mm bullets to tear into the assailants' chests.

Offline Mrnocamera

• Survivor
  • There is a lack of cameras here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2017, 08:30:35 PM »
(oh hey, a thing.    Got room for one?)
Who says that you need to be good at games, anyway?

Offline DapperDogman

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2017, 08:41:37 PM »
"A drink?" the leader perks a brow slightly, raising his rifle slightly, his men all aimed their rifles toward the building's windows as the Russian boldly lay down suppressive fire, striking down two of the men, as those nearby ducked behind small heaps of snow, and others returned fire, shredding the wooden frame of the door apart with a small, concentrated burst of fire.

"Oi blin" Yuri sighs gently, holding the breath out as he settles his sights and fires a round, shredding through the leg of one of the bandits. "These people are either very brave, or very stupid"

"I don't know who you think you are, but you're not bulletproof" the leader shouts, his men taking cover behind various mounds of snow, and other objects.

The onslaught in the first few seconds had shaken the men's hold, but they still outnumbered the crew by a considerable number, at least 6 men remained, and the one injured bandit reached for his gun, aiming a shot toward Ray

"Not bad" Yuri mumbles, his rifle firing another round, this one ripping into a raider's head as he stands to unleash a hail of gunfire toward the crew, his new injury causing the spray of bullets to shoot skyward as he collapses backward

The leader was no fool and recognized the threat of the sniper almost immediately "Back!" he shouts, sending a spray of bullets toward the front of the library, as he and his men began to fall back. Various shots from all manner of weapons were fired in an attempt to suppress the assailants within the library. Clearly, the men had overestimated their own strength and hadn't counted on everyone within the library having such powerful weaponry.

As they move back, Yuri loses sight of them, and curses, packing up his rifle and ducking back behind the hill for a moment. "Lucky, lucky raiders"

(Sure NoCam, the more the merrier!)

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2017, 09:44:04 PM »
Ray ducks down behind the window to avoid the incoming suppressing fire. He puts his pistol back up over the ledge and blindly fires off three more rounds before scooting along the wall and further away from the door, trying to keep the enemy guessing about his position.

• Survivor
  • <i>kek</i>
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2017, 12:48:46 AM »
Katherine scoped in on one of the men and shot him straight through the head. "Headshot, you bastard."
Full of sigs

Offline joebob1337

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2017, 03:53:36 PM »
Aleksandr raised his gun over his head, above the cover he was behind and fired off another volley.

"You not know how to fight real Soviet!?"

Offline DapperDogman

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2017, 04:13:23 PM »
As the raider falls into the snow, his head leaking crimson into the snow, the men round a corner. After a long moment of silence, the sound of revving snowmobile engines becomes audible, and on the other side of the buildings, it was easy to see the men fleeing from the city, their tails between their legs.

You have a bad feeling about this

"Алло!" Yuri shouts, emerging from an alleyway, his guns strapped to his back as he glances around, noting that a handful of men had escaped, but that more than half of them had been killed "Not bad, but I think that was only a small group of them. You may have made a powerful enemy."

He seems hesitant but friendly enough. His accent was thick and combined with his choice of greeting, it was obvious he was a Russian, just like Alexandr.

"There were more snowmobiles they brought with them, it might be a good idea to bring those around, they seemed to be well stocked." he suggests, approaching one of the corpses and rolling him over, grimacing slightly at the sight of the man's torso, mangled by the hail of gunfire Alexandr had unleashed upon him. He tugs the rifle the man held away from him and gives it a once over, frowning. Most of the weapons these raiders were using were in a serious state of neglect, with scratches and scuffs lining the surface, and even without disassembling it, he knew it had not been cleaned for a long time.

• Survivor
  • <i>kek</i>
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2017, 01:53:59 AM »
"Damnit Alex, why do you have to such an idiot..." Kather said, slumping against a bookshelf.
Full of sigs

Offline Mrnocamera

• Survivor
  • There is a lack of cameras here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2017, 02:41:12 AM »
Zoe walks down the snow-covered street, breath misting the air in front of her.  Unslinging her L42A1, she removes the magazine and goes to check how many bullets are in it, not noticing the fresh tracks in the snow as she does so.

Stopping to adjust her coat, Zoe notices the many fresh dead bodies, and an additional living one, outside a specific building.   Dropping to one knee, she readies her rifle and points it towards the collection of cadavers.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 01:41:00 AM by Mrnocamera »
Who says that you need to be good at games, anyway?