Author Topic: The Frigid Wastes. Episode 1: Icebreaker  (Read 5551 times)

Offline DapperDogman

• Survivor
  • Bad Company, till the day I die.
    • View Profile
Re: The Frigid Wastes. Episode 1: Icebreaker
« Reply #210 on: February 09, 2017, 09:27:45 PM »
As the Howler falls into a heap, it's protective field no longer helping to make the lead shatter upon its thick hide, it begins to wither slowly, it's body wicking away into the air as if melting from the heat of the fire. In a way it was beautiful. That is until the tendrils of smoke that left its body formed a screaming, gaping maw in the air, not a scream of anger, but one of agony.

"You have been judged" the figure speaks, holding a hand up, the bullets halting in the air in front of him "You are not the ones I am looking for." In a moment, the bullets fall to the floor, and the figure vanishes as suddenly as it had appeared.

Zoe and Ray have been Judged
Sal is struck with a feeling of incredible serenity (If his drug riddled mind can comprehend it)
Zoe and Ray feel a mix of dread, and relief, it's weird, but not unpleasant

Yuri pauses for a moment, looking toward the town for a moment "How odd..." he murmurs "I feel...A great weight just lifted off my shoulders..."

Offline ApatheticExcuse

• Survivor
  • Waiting for the tide to get low
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 11, 2017, 01:17:53 AM »
Calm washes over Sal for a moment as he slams more rounds into the gun. By the time he raises it again, GLOWIN' JEEBUS is gone, the rush from the meth with him. Sal stares dreamily at the empty space for a moment, before muttering to himself about glowing people making him feel all confused about the toilet paper situation.

He turns, and spots Zoe emptying her gun into the immobile RUSKIE BEAR, as well as Ray booking it around the corner. With nothing else more apparent to do, he waves and walks over to her.

"HI LIL' LADY. SO HOW ABOUT THESE HERE DOGSLEDS AND YER PALS ON THE HILL THERE?"
Sometimes I think I'd have an easier time surviving Cataclysm IRL than in game.

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 12, 2017, 05:50:32 AM »
Ray skids to a halt and hops on one of the last few snowmobiles. He mumbles something about how he was never a fan of judges in the first place as he fusses with the ignition. The engine sputters to life after a few tries, the gasoline hadn't frozen inside the pipes thankfully but the freezing block had put a large strain on the combustion process. He rides it over to where the other two were standing, and says, "Hey, we can have the wrap-up on the road. The rest of the group probably has a few miles on us by this point, so we gotta really start booking it." He points to the alleyway across the square. "Grab a skid, the keys are still in the ignitions." And with that he revs the engine and pulls out of the square and in the same direction the rest of the team had went.

Offline MagNetic Mods

• Zombie Food
  • Well I eh I don't have anything to say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 22, 2017, 08:21:56 AM »
(Aight I'm in so I'll be appearing after some form of story arch tbh if you guys want me sooner haha sounds dirty then all you gotta do is say something like, Whats that red glow in that window, looks like eyes. You say something like that and he'll show up early I suppose)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 08:23:51 AM by MagNetic Mods »
MM

Offline DapperDogman

• Survivor
  • Bad Company, till the day I die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 22, 2017, 11:55:52 PM »
Yuri glances toward the town as he hears the sound of an approaching snowmobile "Oh good, it seems they were able to escape the Howler or kill it. Either way, we should leave soon, we don't need to linger here any longer than we have to, that town is a death trap right now."

He slings his shotgun back over his shoulder, keeping a hand on its stock, just in case they hadn't killed it, in preparation to draw it again. "Hey Ray." he speaks into the walkie talkie "How's everything in the town? You guys all made it out safe, right?"

The town seemed serene now, a strange calm floating over the place, as even the biting cold seemed passive, compared to its usual aggressive nature. The creeping frost from the creature thawed out as its body dissolved into a heap of snow, a small glinting object poking out from within the pile.

The town feels oddly quiet
Sal, Zoe and Ray feel an odd draw to the South, toward a city in the distance
A small metal object protrudes from the remains of the Howler

Offline Mrnocamera

• Survivor
  • There is a lack of cameras here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 23, 2017, 12:12:29 AM »
Zoe looks up at where the figure was, then where the giant ice bullshit wolf was.   Shrugging, she legs it over to a snowmobile and takes to the hills.
Who says that you need to be good at games, anyway?

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 25, 2017, 04:45:48 AM »
Ray rode along the icy road, already a quarter mile away by the time he would've noticed the creature melting away. He wished he had a radio with him, or something to tell the others they were still kicking. Luckily, he was picking up speed as engine had finally caught up with itself. It purred noisily, kicking up a spray of snow and ice behind him as he neared the rendezvous point.

Once he was sure the approaching group of figures was his group of figures, he waved at them. He slowed to a stop nearby, and wiped off his glasses with his sleeves saying, "You would not believe the day we've been having." He digs through his jacket, still smelling of gasoline, and pulled out a thankfully dry pack of menthols. "First raiders, then some kind of fuckin' ice monster." He puts a stick of tobacco between his lips, feeling for his pack of matches, then realizing that trying to strike a fire in his current state probably wouldn't be a great idea, puts the cigarette back in the box with a sigh. "The important thing is Z and the other guy made it out okay. They're coming our way soon."