Author Topic: The Frigid Wastes: OOC  (Read 1573 times)

Offline ApatheticExcuse

• Survivor
  • Waiting for the tide to get low
    • View Profile
Re: The Frigid Wastes: OOC
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2017, 04:36:52 PM »
Ol'Sal will get things moving again.
Sometimes I think I'd have an easier time surviving Cataclysm IRL than in game.

Offline MagNetic Mods

• Zombie Food
  • Well I eh I don't have anything to say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2017, 04:27:36 AM »
Name: Matthias Trevelyan

Sex: Male

History: A shady sort Oddly red and fearful eyes almost demon like
He wields a highly sharpened fire axe capable of severing the head off a cyborg with a light swing
Matthias is from London though his parents were from America he has a somehow mixed accent that seems sincere yet oddly cold as if he doesn't care yet at every turn you may be surprised how much he does
At age 14 he was kidnapped along with his younger sister Ella Travelyan she being 6 at the time
They were taken abourd a strange ship were they would spend the next 8 years in padded cells while being subjected to strange and Painful experiments this is were Matthias would gain Nearly superhuman reflexes his red eyes a high tolerance for pain and night sight
At the age of 22 the scientists decided there perfect Soldier was ready for field testing
The made port off the coast of new york were members of the US government would pick up and bring him to a known gang warehouse with orders to kill everyone and everything inside
Matthias did as he was told up until he busted down a door to find a little girl crying for her dad he had just thrown threw the door
At this point something within Matthias snapped and he turned on the agents killing 4 of the six before being taken down by a tranquilizer
When next he woke he would be within a cell were he would spend the next 4 years
They had marked him a faliure and imprisoned him
After the time had passed and shit hit the fan he would escape his cell with one goal in mind
Find Ella!

Inventory: (Weapons) On his way out he happend across the wardens office and found in a sealed glass container a 50 year anniversary M1911a1
Along with a box of ammunition in the wardens desk the fully loaded clip already inside and the spare also in the desk
After leaving the prison in a nearby town he would find a fire truck and afew dead fire man riddled with bullets and one killed with his own axe he'd pick up his soon to be his best friend Fire Axe out of the back of his head and he'd begin his long road
After this he'd search the town for supplies
Clothes: Thick hoodie thick leather jacket cargo pants combat boots nice socks warm gloves shin and knee guards a holster backpack a dust mask and sun glasses and a gas mask tied to his belt just in case
Food: 3 Bottles of purified water one box of purification tablets full
Some canned beans and potatoes along with 2 emergency meals

(I'd like to join If that's ok but I'm gonna wait awhile to introduce myself)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 08:13:41 AM by MagNetic Mods »
MM

Offline DapperDogman

• Survivor
  • Bad Company, till the day I die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2017, 07:11:10 PM »
I suppose you'll be the groups mutant for now! Though I would ask you to tone down his strength a little bit, as Cyborgs/Androids are supposed to be minibosses, similar in strength to mutants, so him being able to so easily cleave the head off one would be kind of defeating the point of them :)

Other than that, there are no zombies (per se) in this scenario, but it all sounds pretty good other than that.

Offline MagNetic Mods

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2017, 08:10:21 AM »
Tbh he really doesn't possess the kind of strength or over powered persona your thinking of

His Super Human Reflexes More Tie in to that fact if he sees a gun aimed at him he can pin point the exact location the bullet will travel to via the barrels trajectory

This is more so for survivability what he lacks in tactical training he makes up for in fulfilling orders

And the whole removeing the head from I cyborg thing is more of a belief from the point of the reader more than fact I mean the axe can certainly do damage but it most assuredly will not kill a cyborg in one hit

Matthias  (I'm not trying to lead the group to unstoppable glory I'm only trying to find my sister.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 08:16:38 AM by MagNetic Mods »
MM

Offline MagNetic Mods

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2017, 08:15:48 AM »
Also Through some form of other worldly time warp some of Matthias's History has been altered

(Part were his fire axe is located)
MM

Offline ApatheticExcuse

• Survivor
  • Waiting for the tide to get low
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2017, 11:50:27 PM »
And the whole removeing the head from I cyborg thing is more of a belief from the point of the reader more than fact I mean the axe can certainly do damage but it most assuredly will not kill a cyborg in one hit

Given that being shot a few times, blown up hard enough to knock him through a building, having a literal nuke explode while attached to him, and getting into a fist fight with a giant, semi-invincible weather controlling wolf did not do anything beyond mildly inconvenience the cyborg we encountered, I'd have to agree that an axe most assuredly should not do anything to them.
Sometimes I think I'd have an easier time surviving Cataclysm IRL than in game.

Offline DapperDogman

• Survivor
  • Bad Company, till the day I die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2017, 12:22:54 AM »
Androids are built to be the world's perfect super soldiers in this universe, in competition with the altered humans that your character would be part of, they're built from the strongest metals, most advanced tech, and near indistinguishable from human AIs.
They come with everything from laser eyes, to jetpacks, to forcefields. And of course, at first, these guys will look completely human.

So to put it bluntly, they're few, far between, and tough as nails. A concentrated burst of machine gun fire could damage one heavily, but small arms and incendiary attacks will do very little, and melee is almost entirely out of the question, short of a sledgehammer, and even that would take a long time to do any significant damage. I have purposely made the one seen so far be very clumsy, so as not to be unfair to the players :)

But in future, expect to have to outsmart any androids you encounter, cyborgs are a little easier, due to the fleshy human bits still left, but they are going to be treated as the lowest tier of miniboss

So, for a basic scale of power

Cyborgs/Lesser Mutants (We'll get into these later on)
Mutants (Howlers are a good example)
Advanced Mutants (Again, we'll get into these later, but expect a tough fight with these bastards)
Androids (Like the Bandit Leader, but not all of them will be so clumsy)
Remnants (These will be very, very rare, and often not hostile, The Judge is a notable example)

Offline Inconspicuous

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2017, 10:39:27 PM »
To late to join in?