Author Topic: What's Happening in YOUR Randomly-generated Apocalypse?  (Read 1436644 times)

Offline Aluminumfoil

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: What's Happening in YOUR Randomly-generated Apocalypse?
« Reply #13740 on: October 31, 2017, 06:01:22 PM »
My only NPC companion on my current playthrough just died in a hospital when we got separated. I was blinded by boomers and cut off by acid spit. I was trying to make her the first NPC God of the Cataclysm. I just- it's so easy to get attached if you only have one NPC...!

T.T

Mutual shoulder sobbing intensifies.

Offline Bill Chompski

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #13741 on: November 01, 2017, 07:46:10 AM »
Me and my post apocalyptic crew just found this town.

Kittery. On the road leading up to it, there's a much needed gas station, filling our mad max RV up to the brim with gas.
But when we pull into the "town", we see nothing.

Actually nothing.
This town is totally empty. Just an intersection with three dead-ends.

Except for a single chair, sitting out in the rain, in the middle of the road

This middle of bumfuck nowhere "town", which took hours to drive to, was defended by two minefields, and a turret barricade next to a rickety, wooden gas station; has nothing in it except a chair.

We then drove away from this Silent Hill bullshit asap.
M-MULTI WIENER DRIFTING?!

Offline §k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13742 on: November 01, 2017, 08:11:58 AM »
An interesting place.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #13743 on: November 01, 2017, 08:34:37 AM »
it was a starter firt

Offline §k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13744 on: November 01, 2017, 09:19:10 AM »
The chair was the bookkeeper's office.

Offline _Rogue

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #13745 on: November 01, 2017, 09:08:49 PM »
I woke up to a horde of zombies and a necromancer. Time to fortify or die.

Offline jacob.exe

• Zombie Food
  • My intuition does not prevent me from eating rocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #13746 on: November 01, 2017, 11:02:09 PM »
After a full game of being nomadic, I have finally come to a point where I am making a static base.
And as a result, I am now decommissioning my mobile fortress.

(click to show/hide)

Traveler, you will be missed.

Offline NuG

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13747 on: November 02, 2017, 10:36:25 AM »
Well I've just made my first vehicle from scratch... Well Kinda, it was a flatbed truck at some point, but I turned it into a cargo truck, then decided to do this project. I took everything off but the frames. I did take off every frame and replace it with a ++ version, since you can't seem to start a vehicle with an enhanced frame, as it just turns back into a regular one, but if you attack an enhanced frame to another frame it stays enhanced. I added some extra frames around the back for extra space https://imgur.com/a/3QlH5. It's still not a huge vehicle, but bigger than I've used so far. It even has motorized doors and curtains, so i don't even have to get up to open or close the curtains. I still will probably add some more storage batteries, I have enough to put one in every spot and still have some left over I think lol. I was starting to turn a tank into a base, but it's a much bigger project I guess and I got sidetracked with this one. https://imgur.com/a/IU0Wy
https://imgur.com/a/zNSaO

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #13748 on: November 02, 2017, 02:50:36 PM »
bring enough ammo and stims and painkillers.

and bring a turret if you can.  npcs also work for absorbing the initial waves

I'm trying really hard to keep my NPCs alive, despite their best efforts, so that was out. A SCAR-H, RM20, and some assorted grenades (plus the aforementioned powered combat armor) worked well enough, though. That many of the monsters wandered into the lava moat probably helped, at least with handling the outer perimeter and the things that I could snipe through the windows.

Biggest short-term problem was sniping the arachnotrons before they could shoot me, biggest long-term problem was the massive morale hit from the slaves. Still, it was a nice extended combat encounter and I got to punch a hell knight in the face. I'll have to try it with only an Ithaca 2021 next time.
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline TheKobold

• Survivor
  • A mischievous little draconic bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13749 on: November 02, 2017, 05:04:44 PM »
Paul Blart Zombie Mall Cop.

It took two weeks of constant vigilance to keep the rotters out of the mall and clear it. I have hunkered down in the movie theater concession stand. Looting to my hearts desire. Not much in the way of real food but there is more junk food than I will ever need. As soon as the horde was destroyed I started regular patrols around the exterior. I found plenty of busted up vehicles including one semi that looked like I could get running.

It appears that there is a vault town directly to my north, I am very wary of the place as hordes constantly cut through the patch of swampy forest that separates it from the mall and attacks me while I fix up this big rig. I know it is full of great loot but it is also full of big nasty Zeds and the ever present horde below.

I took a 10 day trip down the road with my running semi. The first real find was a massive battle, it appears a group of cartel drug dealers ran up against a army detachment guarding some scientists. There were no survivors but it did let me upgrade my armor with some decent gear. Same with the people that have joined me. I armed them all with some custom armored leather jackets army pants, pads, combat boots, basic armor and spears. They are effective but I am better, armed with an ice axe and slightly more armor.

After 6 or 7 days of driving and looting we came upon a big city. I might move here into one of the public works buildings on the outskirts. Still unsure. Took me 2 or 3 days drive to get back to the mall. Rich in loot I took a couple weeks to upgrade my gear and my comrades and tear apart a near by APC. I spent many a sleepless night welding and cranking on my big rig. I enclosed the trailer hitch area and armor plated the front. If I can find a big enough crane I will slap some armored wheels on it too. Not sure what to call it right now.

Took a couple days but I was able to load most of my necessary hoard into the big rig I am heading out in the morning after I cram a bunch of bionics into my self.

Offline Vastin

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #13750 on: November 02, 2017, 05:07:38 PM »
Does an grenade or mininuke manhack explodes when you just Directional EMP on them or they just simply fall down? Those Zombie grenadiers are IMO much more dangerous than hulks.

Last really serious character I had died to grenade hacks. Had never seen them before, was breezing through everything up to that point and then... *BOOM*

Up to this point I've mostly dedicated myself to melee builds - but after that it's clear that any character reaching mid-game needs to pick up some serious ranged ability to pick off those little bastards, which are IIRC, also incredibly hard to hit. Maybe some EMP grenades are the best answer...

Offline A Blitzkried of Butts

• Survivor
  • It's Blitzkrieg, not Blitzkried
    • View Profile
« Reply #13751 on: November 02, 2017, 05:32:24 PM »
Just got me a heavy rail rifle and it SUCKS. For some reason I can't hit the broadside of a barn from 15 tiles away even the max range is 60. Was really hoping for something to combat zombie bio weapons and super soldiers.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Granades are Russian roulette. One chamber has money, one has candy, two have blanks, one has rat-shot, and the last one has a bullet. You just got the bullet.
Quote from: pisskop
Z is the plane that jumps off the paper and into your face/desk
Full of sigs

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Laughing at death: the answer to impossible
    • View Profile
« Reply #13752 on: November 02, 2017, 06:37:46 PM »
Just got me a heavy rail rifle and it SUCKS. For some reason I can't hit the broadside of a barn from 15 tiles away even the max range is 60. Was really hoping for something to combat zombie bio weapons and super soldiers.

probably need to work on your marksmanship and rifle skills more
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline A Blitzkried of Butts

• Survivor
  • It's Blitzkrieg, not Blitzkried
    • View Profile
« Reply #13753 on: November 02, 2017, 06:51:48 PM »
I tried debugging rifles and marksmanship to 20 and targeting systems with it after an unfortunate encounter with a zombie super sniper. No change in accuracy. It reaaaaly is ticking me off.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Granades are Russian roulette. One chamber has money, one has candy, two have blanks, one has rat-shot, and the last one has a bullet. You just got the bullet.
Quote from: pisskop
Z is the plane that jumps off the paper and into your face/desk
Full of sigs