Author Topic: Tips, Tricks, and Newb Questions!  (Read 2073095 times)

Offline Tamior

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Re: Tips, Tricks, and Newb Questions!
« Reply #17250 on: July 10, 2017, 03:09:50 PM »
Zombie soldiers can sometimes drop filthy power armor and helmets. 'course, it can be a fairly rare drop. Bank vaults might have them, though I'm not sure if that's only the case for the Rivtech brand armor.
Can soldiers drop that? I was under impression it was removed from their loot table.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 03:45:11 PM by Tamior »

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17251 on: July 10, 2017, 05:27:18 PM »
They still do. Maybe the bio-operators dropped them, or armored zombies.

Really hard to tell. Killed a ton of zombie soldiers and a fair amount of the other two in the big military outpost so it's hard to tell which dropped what.
Strawberry Surprise: it's a meal, drink, morale booster, painkiller, ethanol burner fuel, and coping mechanism in one gulp!

Offline Tamior

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #17252 on: July 10, 2017, 05:30:52 PM »
Speaking of big military outposts.
Is there any better way to find military outpost and labs and the like other than just driving around the map checking every road (updating the road-map in hotels)?

Bonus question — does reducing city size and increasing city spacing lower the chance to find these kind of features?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 05:32:52 PM by Tamior »

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17253 on: July 10, 2017, 06:03:43 PM »
There's a type of map called military operations map which reveals military bunkers and police stations. Sadly, outposts and labs don't get shown, I think.
Strawberry Surprise: it's a meal, drink, morale booster, painkiller, ethanol burner fuel, and coping mechanism in one gulp!

Offline deoxy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17254 on: July 10, 2017, 07:13:25 PM »
Speaking of big military outposts.
Is there any better way to find military outpost and labs and the like other than just driving around the map checking every road (updating the road-map in hotels)?

Bonus question — does reducing city size and increasing city spacing lower the chance to find these kind of features?

Lab map reveal is the best I know of, out of the box, or get really lucky and find a mapping artifact.

The Arcana mod has a mapping tool - expensive and painful to use, but still VERY nice.
This is the text that goes under the post, and there ^ is the post, so this is where it goes.

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17255 on: July 10, 2017, 07:14:38 PM »
Yeah, lab map reveal or an artifact. Then use / on the map screen and search. It'll search the current overmap, at least.

Offline Tamior

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #17256 on: July 10, 2017, 08:20:19 PM »
Artifacts can reveal map?!

Man, I just ignored those things, thought they are good for nothing...

Offline deoxy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17257 on: July 10, 2017, 08:55:57 PM »
Artifacts can reveal map?!

Man, I just ignored those things, thought they are good for nothing...

Most of them are... but there is the occasional good one, and then there is the quite rare OMG-THAT'S-SO-BROKEN!  Say, an artifact that, when held, gives you clairvoyance for increased hunger, or when used maps the area and gives off a loud sound, or the crazy, CRAZY ones that make you invisible for... well, invisibility if worth just about anything.
This is the text that goes under the post, and there ^ is the post, so this is where it goes.

Offline EnDSchultz

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #17258 on: July 10, 2017, 10:19:55 PM »
Any way to stop random NPCs from stealing shit from your vehicle? I know zones work for a permanent base, but that doesn't stop random yahoos you meet on the road from immediately rifling through your trunk. If Tracking a vehicle via the Controls menu doesn't mark all its storage as off limits for NPC looting, it should.

Offline deoxy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17259 on: July 11, 2017, 01:23:43 AM »
Any way to stop random NPCs from stealing shit from your vehicle? I know zones work for a permanent base, but that doesn't stop random yahoos you meet on the road from immediately rifling through your trunk. If Tracking a vehicle via the Controls menu doesn't mark all its storage as off limits for NPC looting, it should.

I haven't upgraded in a few months, and this is one of the reasons - NPCs didn't take stuff from vehicles until a few months ago.  Most of the other reasons have been resolved, so I've been thinking about updating... and then I'm reminded of this.

Offline leebash

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #17260 on: July 11, 2017, 01:38:06 AM »
Bear traps? Make them visible out of your car door?
Digging holes probably works as well.

Offline tarburst98

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17261 on: July 11, 2017, 05:04:28 AM »
if you aren't a heavy sleeper then a noisemaker should work. i don't think NPCs can disarm traps.

Offline deoxy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17262 on: July 11, 2017, 02:34:22 PM »
if you aren't a heavy sleeper then a noisemaker should work. i don't think NPCs can disarm traps.

Unless things have changed recently, NPCs avoid traps.

Offline leebash

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #17263 on: July 11, 2017, 03:46:54 PM »
Well that is a good thing because we don't want to kill them by accident, do we?

Offline tarburst98

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17264 on: July 11, 2017, 04:56:07 PM »
well then put traps around your doors and the NPCs will stand there dumbfounded.