Author Topic: Tips, Tricks, and Newb Questions!  (Read 2011370 times)

Offline deoxy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Tips, Tricks, and Newb Questions!
« Reply #17265 on: July 11, 2017, 07:16:57 PM »
Well that is a good thing because we don't want to kill them by accident, do we?

Yes, but it also means that you can't use a noisemaker trap to wake you if an NPC tries to take your stuff while you sleep.

well then put traps around your doors and the NPCs will stand there dumbfounded.

That's exactly what I do for any "home base" area (simple nailboards will do).

But that doesn't help much for mobile situations... unless you're going to set up nailboard traps all the way around your vehicle every time you stop?  Yeah, didn't think so.
This is the text that goes under the post, and there ^ is the post, so this is where it goes.

Offline leebash

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #17266 on: July 12, 2017, 01:12:08 AM »
Yeah, it is annoying. Some NPCs who give you missions will also "rob" you politely when you stop the car to hear whatever they say.
Sometimes I leave only 1 door and replace the others with boards.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 01:44:15 AM by leebash »

Offline wolfpwned

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #17267 on: July 13, 2017, 04:17:45 PM »
Hi all, slightly confused on how to use plutonium slurry with the advanced microreactor. I have the reactor activated but despite this Slurry doesnt come up when i attempt to (E)at things. Any suggestions on how to consume it for power?

Offline Miloch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17268 on: July 13, 2017, 11:38:34 PM »
Are there any craftable items that have food cooking 3?  I'm doing a wilderness survival run.

Offline Tamior

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #17269 on: July 13, 2017, 11:55:46 PM »
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 11:57:33 PM by Tamior »

Offline Miloch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17270 on: July 14, 2017, 12:10:20 AM »
Stone pot hasn't for a while.  That's out of date.  Unless it's changed back.  The clay pot does, though.

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17271 on: July 14, 2017, 03:20:30 AM »
Copper pot has food cooking level 3 as well. Basically only the metal/copper/clay pot has a food cooking level 3 quality. Survivor mess kit as well.
Strawberry Surprise: it's a meal, drink, morale booster, painkiller, ethanol burner fuel, and coping mechanism in one gulp!

Offline Fris0uman

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #17272 on: July 15, 2017, 08:34:32 PM »
Is it possible to teach skills, without reading a book, to NPCs ? If not will it be a thing at some point ?

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Laughing at death: the answer to impossible
    • View Profile
« Reply #17273 on: July 16, 2017, 03:19:48 PM »
Thats what the (X watches you craft, X helps you craft) do. They are markers letting you know that that NPC is learning by watching and giving bonuses to craft times with their assistance and learning (if level is appropriate) respectively.
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline Fris0uman

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #17274 on: July 16, 2017, 04:22:01 PM »
Yeah I realised that after asking the question. Ok so what I really wanted to know is : will it be possible at some point to teach skills to NPCs the same way they teach stuff to us via the dialogue interface ?

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17275 on: July 16, 2017, 05:19:24 PM »
there has been discussions about things like this before. To the best of my knowledge NPC AI and changing from LUA to largely pure... javascript? I think.. anyways NPC AI is one of the most complicated things in the game but between bounties and general pressure from the community they have been constantly getting tweaks and improvements. I'm sure someone is working on either that, or an alternative, or will be soon.

I could throw some links down to various threads about these subjects if you want, or you can do a search yourself.
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17276 on: July 16, 2017, 06:23:01 PM »
Apparently survivors can learn if they're around while the player reads a skill book. Haven't tried it yet. Same with martial arts manuals, but the game says they're uninterested.
Strawberry Surprise: it's a meal, drink, morale booster, painkiller, ethanol burner fuel, and coping mechanism in one gulp!

Offline Fris0uman

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #17277 on: July 16, 2017, 07:24:08 PM »
I'm sure someone is working on either that, or an alternative, or will be soon.

I could throw some links down to various threads about these subjects if you want, or you can do a search yourself.

Thanks, knowing that it's already in the pipes is good enough for me, anyway NPCs will probably go through a lot of changes since it's probably the most "broken" thing currently.

Next newb question : I just reach 16 strength (via statsThrougSkills), and I'm wondering how to take advantage of that since it seems to be a lot. So is there some class of weapon that are more efficient with high strength ? For example do bashing weapon benefit more from high strength than others ? Do the sledgehammer become a really good weapon with high strength ?

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17278 on: July 16, 2017, 08:11:08 PM »
Sledgehammer and other smashing becomes much more useful outside of combat, heavier vehicles can be worked on without jacks, and all melee attacks become stronger, and more carry weight, and improved HP... and stamina? Are the advantages to high str stat that come to mind.

My suggestion: use that high str to sledgehammer your way into bank vaults, military bunkers, armored lab areas and the like. Though you probably want to bring and armored sled with you to hide behind if you expect turrets.

Offline Walegrin

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17279 on: July 16, 2017, 08:46:32 PM »
Apparently survivors can learn if they're around while the player reads a skill book. Haven't tried it yet. Same with martial arts manuals, but the game says they're uninterested.

The first part I knew.  But as to the second, I thought that NPC's couldn't learn martial arts?