Author Topic: Tips, Tricks, and Newb Questions!  (Read 1678788 times)

Offline Adragis029

• NPC
  • Mutant Mutant
    • View Profile
Re: Tips, Tricks, and Newb Questions!
« Reply #17295 on: July 17, 2017, 10:05:15 PM »
becasue you disabled sights... you can't use sights you have disabled. Even without any mods most commercial guns irl have iron sights. Perhaps I am misunderstanding or am too lacking in in-game gun knowledge but if the gun is using NO sights, then you are essentially just hip firing. VERY inacurate.
The idea is the sight I am attaching to the gun replaces the weapons iron sights. What is happening as far as I understand it apparently this rules does not affect any weapon mod with the word laser in it.
No, it doesn't matter. If I made a duplicate of the 'red dot sight' item, but it was called 'laser pointer', it'd do exactly the same thing and take up the same slot.

Offline Coolthulhu

• Contributor
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17296 on: July 17, 2017, 10:08:26 PM »
Ok so then why exactly when I add disable sights despite the gun mod in question have a sight dispersion stat that when I give it the disable sights tag it makes the sight dispersion600 instead of the sight in questions stat? I know I asked this but the answer I got didn't really answer why it changes to 600 instead of 30.

What is aim cost on the sight? If it's 0 or less, it will not be treated as a sight.
If it's unspecified, it defaults to 0.

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
  • STAY AWAY FROM MY PRETZELS
    • View Profile
« Reply #17297 on: July 17, 2017, 10:17:15 PM »
Ok so then why exactly when I add disable sights despite the gun mod in question have a sight dispersion stat that when I give it the disable sights tag it makes the sight dispersion600 instead of the sight in questions stat? I know I asked this but the answer I got didn't really answer why it changes to 600 instead of 30.

What is aim cost on the sight? If it's 0 or less, it will not be treated as a sight.
If it's unspecified, it defaults to 0.
That's the reason. Huh. Well ok that would explain it, Thank you and sorry if I sounded rude.

Offline leebash

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #17298 on: July 18, 2017, 07:22:08 AM »
I just found you could actually kill bandits in a dark room without provoking them.
Using a pole arm from 2 tiles away, for example.

Offline NuG

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17299 on: July 18, 2017, 08:47:43 AM »
I just found you could actually kill bandits in a dark room without provoking them.
Using a pole arm from 2 tiles away, for example.

Reach attacks can be very useful, I usually give my NPC followers some type of weapon with a reach attack, that way I can stand between them and the baddies and they can attack without getting hurt. I usually put them on "only attack enemies you can reach without moving" as well.

Offline Wojtek94

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #17300 on: July 18, 2017, 11:39:47 AM »
How can I change wildlife and monsters' statistics? Damage etc. I want to make Cata more difficult

Offline BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Survivor
  • What could possibly go wrong....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17301 on: July 18, 2017, 02:21:55 PM »
Edit data/json/monsters.json and adjust the monsters statistics.
The hollow earth and the Dyson sphere share an origin? Do some research

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Laughing at death: the answer to impossible
    • View Profile
« Reply #17302 on: July 18, 2017, 10:16:34 PM »
The simpler version is to use the mods that come with it like crazy cataclysm, PKs mod, and adjusting the spawn rates, and evolution. But it depends on what you actually want.
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline Wojtek94

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #17303 on: July 18, 2017, 11:08:12 PM »
PKs mod is great but it is still more like Call of Duty. I want to create a world in which monsters are rare but very dangerous and fast just like clickers from The Last of Us. One bite/hit one kill. I think that even a few monsters in each city would be enough if they are really deadly. I'm tired of this gameplay style-kill 500 zombies per day

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Laughing at death: the answer to impossible
    • View Profile
« Reply #17304 on: July 18, 2017, 11:09:44 PM »
Ah, well you can change monster resilience in the options, or you can mess with JSON's as mentioned before.
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline deadmerits

• Survivor
  • Silence is golding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17305 on: July 19, 2017, 05:52:37 AM »
PKs mod is great but it is still more like Call of Duty. I want to create a world in which monsters are rare but very dangerous and fast just like clickers from The Last of Us. One bite/hit one kill. I think that even a few monsters in each city would be enough if they are really deadly. I'm tired of this gameplay style-kill 500 zombies per day

I might try to adjust things that way for a couple of games, that sounds really interesting. Thanks for the idea!

Also, have a welder and wanted to start a fire to boil some water, is that not a thing?
Edit: Starting a fire with a welder not boiling water
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:28:11 AM by deadmerits »
All Hailz The C:DDA Dev Team.

Offline Wojtek94

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #17306 on: July 19, 2017, 07:31:02 AM »
The only problem with this "idea" is monsters' spawn rate. 0.01 rate was ok for me because monsters were able to surprise me and I had to be careful. If monster speed and resilience is set very high you don't need hulks etc. Basic zombie can kill you very easily. That's why I want to remove special monsters and replace them with basic but very dangerous zombies.  But now the minimal spawn rate is 0.10 and there are too many monsters for this kind of gameplay...

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
  • STAY AWAY FROM MY PRETZELS
    • View Profile
« Reply #17307 on: July 19, 2017, 08:07:40 AM »
SO can one only power a rivtech suit with plutonium cells or can it be powered by other methods?
Just tried using the power armor interfaces they didn't seem to work.

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17308 on: July 19, 2017, 08:21:47 AM »
Plutonium only. There's a mod you can craft that doubles the capacity of any plutonium using tool (not including tools modded with the atomic battery mod).
Strawberry Surprise: it's a meal, drink, morale booster, painkiller, ethanol burner fuel, and coping mechanism in one gulp!

Offline WIndburns

• NPC
  • I Squeeze Cats!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17309 on: July 19, 2017, 08:02:56 PM »
Is it possible to get radiation sickness in suburbs with no hint of toxic waste or monsters that have radiation traits?
The main difference is we focus on content and internal systems