Author Topic: Tips, Tricks, and Newb Questions!  (Read 1785503 times)

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Tips, Tricks, and Newb Questions!
« Reply #17535 on: August 13, 2017, 05:54:43 AM »
Also, with regards to training survival skill by zlave making, I noticed that it also trains the first aid skill.

Some corpses, seems completely random, can be used as practice in zlave making over and over again, but it's not infinite as after a while you get a message that the corpse has become pulped from all the attempts to make the zombie into a zlave.

Furthermore, cauterizing for fun which is available to Masochist trait and Cenobite mutation survivors seem to train the first aid skill.
Strawberry Surprise: it's a meal, drink, morale booster, painkiller, ethanol burner fuel, and coping mechanism in one gulp!

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
  • STAY AWAY FROM MY PRETZELS
    • View Profile
« Reply #17536 on: August 13, 2017, 06:13:42 AM »
So what exactly does prozac do?

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17537 on: August 13, 2017, 06:36:13 AM »
According to the wiki, it cuts the hoarder morale debuff by half, and in general if total morale is negative it'll reduce it by 25%.
Strawberry Surprise: it's a meal, drink, morale booster, painkiller, ethanol burner fuel, and coping mechanism in one gulp!

Offline KiBoy

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #17538 on: August 13, 2017, 07:44:14 AM »
Any reason why zed children suddenly began dropping disposable rocket launchers?

Not that I'm complaining, it just feels... off. I can understand a military wreckage, but a little zombie kid with a M72 strapped to his back is terrifying.

If only you could mod zombies to use weapons...

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17539 on: August 13, 2017, 07:53:46 AM »
According to the wiki, it cuts the hoarder morale debuff by half, and in general if total morale is negative it'll reduce it by 25%.
Ah so that's what it meant by antidepressant it doesn't give joy it just suppresses negative morale.

Offline NuG

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17540 on: August 13, 2017, 04:43:35 PM »
Ah so that's what it meant by antidepressant it doesn't give joy it just suppresses negative morale.

Yeah the wiki also says it can enhance the effects of other drugs, as well, but I haven't used it yet. I was hoping it wasn't like real life where it takes multiple weeks to actually start working.

Offline NuG

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17541 on: August 13, 2017, 05:20:34 PM »
Do I need to be putting iron sights on my crossbow or heavy crossbow? I thought I read that most ranged weapons come with some sort of base integrated sight or something, but am still a tad confused on this.

How can I set up safe mode so that dogs trigger it at 5 tiles away, but everything else stays the same. Every time I try and set it up, it seems to work for a bit and then doesn't when I save and start later, and sometimes even during game play. It just acts like safe mode is off.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 06:00:04 PM by NuG »

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17542 on: August 13, 2017, 07:32:28 PM »
Do I need to be putting iron sights on my crossbow or heavy crossbow? I thought I read that most ranged weapons come with some sort of base integrated sight or something, but am still a tad confused on this.

How can I set up safe mode so that dogs trigger it at 5 tiles away, but everything else stays the same. Every time I try and set it up, it seems to work for a bit and then doesn't when I save and start later, and sometimes even during game play. It just acts like safe mode is off.
I find iron sights to be only useful if the weapon in question has a sight dispersion greater than 120.

Offline vassock

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17543 on: August 13, 2017, 07:49:34 PM »
Is it possible to weld repeatedly without having to scavenge for batteries? I have a makeshift welder, but no recipes for UPS or vehicle welding rig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV5oLPLUzrM

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17544 on: August 13, 2017, 08:05:08 PM »
Is it possible to weld repeatedly without having to scavenge for batteries? I have a makeshift welder, but no recipes for UPS or vehicle welding rig.

Well there is the atomic battery mod. But what do you mean by weld repeatedly, vehicle stuff, repairing metal items or crafting?

Offline vassock

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17545 on: August 13, 2017, 08:08:35 PM »

Well there is the atomic battery mod. But what do you mean by weld repeatedly, vehicle stuff, repairing metal items or crafting?
I need to fix up a van, but only have enough batteries for 2-3 welds. It needs more like 15-20 welds.

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17546 on: August 13, 2017, 08:13:58 PM »
But anyways without a vehichle welding rig or bionics you are going to need either batteries and for the makeshift welders lots of them or some plutonium for atomic battery mods.

How's your fabrication level and so you have access to a hacksaw?

Offline vassock

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17547 on: August 13, 2017, 08:18:42 PM »
Fabrication 1. I have some books that require a min level so I might be able to grind up to be able to read.

Yes hacksaw.
Is it even possible to make a vehicle welding rig without an appropriate book?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 08:23:49 PM by vassock »

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17548 on: August 13, 2017, 08:30:02 PM »
Fabrication 1. I have some books that require a min level so I might be able to grind up to be able to read.

Yes hacksaw.
Well here is a proposal if you are inside a house tear the place apart a bit and craft stuff(preferably stuff that can be disassembled)until you get fabrication to either 2 or 3 then you can make wooden frames and wheels. Then you can take a seat, controls and probably a foot crank or some other mode of propulsion you can make a basic wooden bike without as many welds so you can either find proper tools or more batteries.

Offline vassock

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17549 on: August 13, 2017, 08:37:06 PM »
How do I get fab from 2-3? How can I tell if a fabrication task will improve my particular skill level without trying it?