Author Topic: Tips, Tricks, and Newb Questions!  (Read 1710541 times)

Offline §k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Tips, Tricks, and Newb Questions!
« Reply #18060 on: October 09, 2017, 01:28:55 PM »
Yes. Yes. Yes.

Offline NuG

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18061 on: October 09, 2017, 03:07:52 PM »
Thanks thank thanks!

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #18062 on: October 09, 2017, 03:38:51 PM »
Dark blue lab tiles on the overmap represent an up  or down throughway.  look in those instead of the light blue ones.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #18063 on: October 09, 2017, 06:12:07 PM »
Hey, anyone know what the current coregame status of the aiming code is?  was it/ is it nerfed still?  Im surprised how accurate I am with 1 marksman and 1 rifle when aiming when compared to a pistol firing without aiming.

Offline Beetlecat

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #18064 on: October 09, 2017, 06:39:19 PM »
Alright, just got another little inconvenient:

Do minifridges only put (cold) to raw meat, fish and drinks? I tried with vegetables and other types of foods (most of them have a form of preservation) but they don't get the cold label... and damn, they consume a hell of energy.
It only applies to food items that have the eaten cold tag inside that item's json. But for general game purposes only put stuff that spoils and that it makes to eat or drink them cold in the fridge (examples such as aspic, soda, protein drinks and most booze I think).

Good to know -- but now my brain is wondering if this implies that putting things in there that *don't* need refrigerated is wasteful? Do fridges use a uniform amount of energy just by being "on" or do they actually work to cool individual items? I've been stashing all my foodstuffs in one just for convenience sake, but obviously tins and salt, etc. need not be in there.

The min/maxxer in me wants to know! :D

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
  • STAY AWAY FROM MY PRETZELS
    • View Profile
« Reply #18065 on: October 09, 2017, 06:53:10 PM »
Alright, just got another little inconvenient:

Do minifridges only put (cold) to raw meat, fish and drinks? I tried with vegetables and other types of foods (most of them have a form of preservation) but they don't get the cold label... and damn, they consume a hell of energy.
It only applies to food items that have the eaten cold tag inside that item's json. But for general game purposes only put stuff that spoils and that it makes to eat or drink them cold in the fridge (examples such as aspic, soda, protein drinks and most booze I think).

Good to know -- but now my brain is wondering if this implies that putting things in there that *don't* need refrigerated is wasteful? Do fridges use a uniform amount of energy just by being "on" or do they actually work to cool individual items? I've been stashing all my foodstuffs in one just for convenience sake, but obviously tins and salt, etc. need not be in there.

The min/maxxer in me wants to know! :D
No it's like the recharger and headlights you turn it on and it does its thing no matter how much is in it.

Offline Mantar

• NPC
  • NOMAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18066 on: October 09, 2017, 11:23:40 PM »
Hey, anyone know what the current coregame status of the aiming code is?

The aim fix is in current experimental, the old regression is no more. It's still being tweaked, but firearms are much better than they were.

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
  • STAY AWAY FROM MY PRETZELS
    • View Profile
« Reply #18067 on: October 09, 2017, 11:45:56 PM »
Hey, anyone know what the current coregame status of the aiming code is?

The aim fix is in current experimental, the old regression is no more. It's still being tweaked, but firearms are much better than they were.
HUZZAH!

Offline _Rogue

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #18068 on: October 10, 2017, 01:25:27 PM »
Do zombies just naturally respawn if you aren't in the area? I killed some zombies in a basement I holed up in and butchered their bodies, but later I came down after a quick trip (I didn't go far, only a few map tiles away) and found some zombies. The door wasn't broken down and I made to sure that all the bodies were butchered.

Offline _Rogue

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #18069 on: October 10, 2017, 01:40:53 PM »
I'm playing on wander spawns so I get that they will just respawn, but I'm still near the area where they reappear. On a similar topic, is it possible to ever clear out an area on wander spawns? Even a small section of a town.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #18070 on: October 10, 2017, 02:38:26 PM »
Wander spawns can spawn directly in front of you.

In practice the closest spawn Ive ever seen was 3 tiles away.  But many used to be within 10 tiles and most were close enough to hear an idling car at night and follow a scent trail to it and even in the current expie they can spawn within LoS, nevermind any other conditions.  But they can spawn underground too in some cases, or else glitch themselves down or up.

The secubots from a lab I just raided either pathed up the stairs to kill a zed above them or else glitched up the stairs to kill it, because they were all above the finale not inside it.

Offline _Rogue

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #18071 on: October 10, 2017, 03:11:38 PM »
Darn, I guess my dreams of having a horde attacking my base and me defending are gone. I suppose I'll just play on static spawns for when I want to build a base.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #18072 on: October 10, 2017, 03:15:45 PM »
Not so.

they absolutely can spawn outside the base.  And they can often be seen physically traveling to a location.  Yes, hordes will sometimes physically manifest and walk to their destinations,  with everything that entails.

They absolutely can attack you base, but not quite like you are thinking.  Make a suggestion to the git for it.

Offline §k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18073 on: October 10, 2017, 03:34:40 PM »
Zombies don't horde underground. At least that's how it is in my non-active z-level, normal spawn rate world.

Should they wander underground, brute and other zombies could easily escape containment in Lab.

Perhaps they sneakily followed you and came down!

Offline _Rogue

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #18074 on: October 10, 2017, 03:35:48 PM »
I meant that I didn't want zombies spawning inside my base. I get that hordes will still do their horde stuff but if they just end up inside my base when I'm away, then thatll just be undesirable. Unless they don't spawn a lot, I wouldn't know.