Author Topic: Tips, Tricks, and Newb Questions!  (Read 2011239 times)

Offline SpadeDraco

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Tips, Tricks, and Newb Questions!
« Reply #16080 on: November 05, 2016, 07:58:11 PM »
Why can't I wish for or craft diamond weapons? Are they being removed?

Diamond weapons are now just normal bladed weapons with the diamond flag. This has the disadvantage that you can no longer wish for them, but now you can pretty much enhance everything sharp with diamonds.

You might even be able to make diamond-fire swords, I have not checked.

Aww. Does this mean I can no longer get the vorpal technique on my weeb sword? I've been searching for jabberwocks for weeks now.

Offline BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Survivor
  • What could possibly go wrong....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16081 on: November 05, 2016, 08:05:42 PM »
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 08:14:07 PM by BorkBorkGoesTheCode »
The hollow earth and the Dyson sphere share an origin? Do some research

Offline sacrier133

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #16082 on: November 05, 2016, 11:23:08 PM »
Just out of curiosity there was a quest that I was sent on by an npc at the refugee center.

(click to show/hide)

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #16083 on: November 05, 2016, 11:25:47 PM »
They were not hostile; so yes its a bug.  they were meant to murderface you.  but all npcs were bugged.

I say 'were' because its been fixed.

so the lesson is that you inccur a morale penalty for killing an npc who didnt initiate hostilities with you.  let them DoW you.

Offline sacrier133

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #16084 on: November 05, 2016, 11:28:57 PM »
Welp that's a bit strange, but I suppose it is what it is. I just went back to the refugee center and the merchant gave the quest to me again and I was able to turn it in immediately. May have been related to that. But thanks for the help.

Offline vassock

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16085 on: November 06, 2016, 02:26:51 AM »
Does anyone know how to get food in a lab challenge? Water is very easy, but for food I only ever found a few snacks and dead bodies.

Offline Valpo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16086 on: November 06, 2016, 02:59:01 AM »
You could eat the mutant body parts in the clone tanks. smash em.

Offline SpadeDraco

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16087 on: November 06, 2016, 03:05:07 AM »

There are absolutely no negative repercussions for doing this. It is %100 safe and is in fact how most people survive the lab start.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 05:16:45 AM by SpadeDraco »

Offline Grandpuh Ty

• NPC
  • Lowly Cowherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #16088 on: November 06, 2016, 03:58:03 AM »
How do you reload the spraycan flamethrower? I've got gasoline around, but it still says I'm out of liquid. I gots hordes to burn :C

Offline Valpo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16089 on: November 06, 2016, 04:52:22 AM »
Have you tried unloading gas chosing the spraycan as a target?

Offline BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Survivor
  • What could possibly go wrong....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16090 on: November 06, 2016, 05:02:52 AM »
Can you reload any flamethrower? I thought they were broken for a while.
The hollow earth and the Dyson sphere share an origin? Do some research

Offline Rot

• Survivor
  • Fresh like my groceries.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16091 on: November 06, 2016, 09:51:30 AM »
If you're quick and have the right stats, you can escape in about 2 days. I recommend cannibal and/or light eater if you're worried about food.

Offline deoxy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16092 on: November 06, 2016, 02:04:10 PM »
Is getting out of the lab challenge now just about completely luck based with homewrecker having no effect? I got out with a teleporter, but it seems far too luck-based for my liking. Is there another way?

This whole game is luck-based to a certain extent, but there have been multiple posts/guides around here on getting out, and several of them requirement very little luck.  Known ways to get out:

-teleporter - lucky to find, but extremely UNlucky not to find as a teleport trap (grinding trapping, disarm, escape)
-teleportitis - step on teleport traps a bunch, then go stand near the walls on the first floor and wait.  Easy, and is pretty much guaranteed to work eventually... but also pretty much guaranteed to infect you with fungus, so be prepared for that (haven't tried this one in a long time, possible it doesn't work anymore)
-Science ID - drops from scientist zombies (very rare) or found in crates in that one room with the fencing (uncommon)
-electric jackhammer - rare to drop, but also buildable... with a book that's also fairly, I think (not in Under the Hood, is it? that one's common)
-jackhammer or jacquehammer - rare drop, and you also need to find a refillable lighter for the fuel (uncommon but with enough bed rooms, it's pretty common to find one)
-make a vehicle to ram the doors with - seriously, it can be done.  Pain in the butt, and requires the right books and tools (tools harder to get than the books, probably), but it's possible.
-sewer access - totally luck based, somewhat rare
-teleport CBM - can be found at the bottom, so very luck on finding, somewhat lucky on getting and getting installed
-That one CBM that lets you walk through walls (same as previous)
-electrohack the front door card scanner - I think electrohack used to be autolearn?  Never bothered with this way myself, but some people like it - if you don't need a book, VERY little luck involved (if you start with high enough skill) - they also drop VERY rarely
-dynamite - make it (very little luck required if you start with the skill) or find it in an armory (uncommon)
-ant hill access - only seen this one once myself, so pretty darn rare, and totally luck
-I've seen labs actually in a city, but it's rare, and if you're in there a little while, the horde (especially with the help of a hulk) has been known to bash down the wall for you (but it's rare)
-start near triffids, and the queens take down the wall for you
-mininukes in the bottom of the lab
-one more that I know that can always be done (seriously, every time, no luck involved), but I don't think it's intended, so I'm leaving it out of the list

Does anyone know how to get food in a lab challenge? Water is very easy, but for food I only ever found a few snacks and dead bodies.

The one room with the water leaking out of the locked room and the 3 dead bodies is the best source of food I know in there, and it's still not great.

Seriously, the food timer IS the challenge, for all practical purposes.  Most people end up butchering the dead and only attempting to leave once that rots.

There are absolutely no negative repercussions for doing this. It is %100 safe and is in fact how most people survive the lab start.

LOL.

That said, he's not lying that it does provide nutrition.
This is the text that goes under the post, and there ^ is the post, so this is where it goes.

Offline TheFlame52

• Survivor
  • Forumite Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #16093 on: November 06, 2016, 05:43:41 PM »
What do I do if my car is too heavy for a bottle jack and I need to put a wheel on?
Quote from: Jarlaxle
All hail our new Over(powered) Lord TheFlame52
Quote from: Arek_PL
THEY CAN DAMAGE FLAME! WE ARE DOOMED!
Quote from: Jakers
Oh Marloss Man, you and your unstoppable rampages throughout the world.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #16094 on: November 06, 2016, 05:47:29 PM »
Go get a excavator from the farms of various sorts and take its boom crane.  or collect the massive amounts to craft it.