Author Topic: Tips, Tricks, and Newb Questions!  (Read 2011233 times)

Offline TheFlame52

• Survivor
  • Forumite Summoner
    • View Profile
Re: Tips, Tricks, and Newb Questions!
« Reply #16095 on: November 06, 2016, 05:52:17 PM »
Oh cool, I actually have one of those, I just haven't installed it.

EDIT: I installed it and it doesn't work. I'm standing right next to it and it isn't letting me put a wheel on the Solar Roller.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 06:01:04 PM by TheFlame52 »
Quote from: Jarlaxle
All hail our new Over(powered) Lord TheFlame52
Quote from: Arek_PL
THEY CAN DAMAGE FLAME! WE ARE DOOMED!
Quote from: Jakers
Oh Marloss Man, you and your unstoppable rampages throughout the world.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #16096 on: November 06, 2016, 06:10:54 PM »
Gotta make your own vehicle.  make a new frame, attatch the boomcrane, and then move it adjacent to your solar roller.  Like you might a welder cart

Offline TheFlame52

• Survivor
  • Forumite Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #16097 on: November 06, 2016, 07:37:43 PM »
Huh, okay.

Offline Grandpuh Ty

• NPC
  • Lowly Cowherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #16098 on: November 06, 2016, 10:51:16 PM »
Can you reload any flamethrower? I thought they were broken for a while.

I guess they're still broken. Shame. Oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do radio pipe bombs work outside of the reality bubble?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 03:01:59 AM by Grandpuh Ty »

Offline §k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16099 on: November 07, 2016, 04:27:33 AM »
Alpha mutagen is a grind to make, but I'm still amazed by the quantity of ingredients.

1 alpha mutagen = 28 ammonia + 40 bleach + 76 blob + 6 plant marrow + 2 bird egg

1 alpha serum = 56 ammonia + 80 bleach + 152 blob + 12 plant marrow + 4 bird egg

Overall, it is not infeasible. Large quantity of ammonia, bleach and blob can be acquired in reasonable in reality time.

Edit: Radio bomb doesn't work outside of reality bubble. Its explosion may kill a zombie. And it's obvious that no zombie is allowed to be killed outside of reality bubble.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 04:31:02 AM by §k »

Offline BeerBeer

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16100 on: November 08, 2016, 02:34:02 AM »
^
Wow. I knew the amounts were bad, but not THAT bad. And that's just for one mutagen/serum. Multiply the numbers maybe by 10 to get all the Alpha mutations. And depending on luck, you might find a few intermediate or even ready Alpha mutagens while looting the labs, thus getting a small discount. Truly grindy. Gallon jugs are heavy and bulky and not easy to transport en masse, while at the same time they're spread throughout the labs, as opposed to being concentrated in a storage room or such, thus necessitating lengthy lab-wide search for the ingredients. Bleach and ammonia are rather slow to produce too.

Bleach: batch of 20, takes 8hrs, 2 portions per = 80 portions per day (16hrs work, 8hrs sleep). Might get some discount for NPC assistance.
Ammonia: batch of 20, takes 12hrs, 2 portions per = 54 portions per day (rounded up). (full batch of 20 + batch of 7, which takes 4h12m)

Plus the egg hunt.

I don't think that's overall reasonable. It might be OK to see the effort once, but to do it again in the next 10 games? Nah. I'd start by cutting the amounts in half. Or at least bring down the bleach requirement. Mutagen base takes 2 bleach. Make it 1. Alternatively, double the manufacturing portion yield or cut the time in half.

Edit: Oh, wait. I didn't remember full gallon jug now has 30 portions of ammonia/bleach (or something like that). Used to be 12 or 14.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 02:39:09 AM by BeerBeer »
. . sanity

Offline hobophobic

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16101 on: November 08, 2016, 02:56:57 AM »
Why does safe mode activate twice for every monster? Once for when you first see it, and again once it is getting close. One warning is perfectly adequate, is there any way to stop the second from occurring?

Offline TheFlame52

• Survivor
  • Forumite Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #16102 on: November 08, 2016, 03:00:53 AM »
Ha! Safe mode is for losers! *dies repeatedly to giant wasps*

Nope. Not that I know of, at least.

Offline vassock

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16103 on: November 08, 2016, 03:42:39 AM »
Can improvised first aid kit cure infection?

Offline snow dwarf

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #16104 on: November 08, 2016, 09:45:37 AM »
Why does safe mode activate twice for every monster? Once for when you first see it, and again once it is getting close. One warning is perfectly adequate, is there any way to stop the second from occurring?
I think it actually turns on three times. Once when you see it. Once when it sees you and once when it's close. Just turn the safe mode off when you have a lot of monsters and turn it on when you are exploring.

Anyway, I've got a question connected to my current situation. I started in a school and zombie children swarmed me. I run out a window around the front. 40 more zombie children and other nasty stuff greeted me. There was a working ambulance. I jumped into it, launched it up and drove off killing everything (almost) on the way and driving into the school. Now there are ~30 zombie corpses just out of the school. Should I go back and risk myself to anything that I didn't drive over so that they don't revive, or let them be and continue my journey (While running away in the ambulance I almost drove into a house, not including the bazillion bushes).

Offline StopSignal

• Survivor
  • Never stop drawing!
    • View Profile
    • You can see my drawings here!
« Reply #16105 on: November 08, 2016, 11:49:40 AM »
I found an ukulele the other day. It said it conducted electricity AND that it didn't conduct electricity. Is this ok?

Offline KWilt

• Zombie Food
  • Fire is a good-bad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16106 on: November 08, 2016, 02:56:12 PM »
I found an ukulele the other day. It said it conducted electricity AND that it didn't conduct electricity. Is this ok?

Schrodinger's specific conductance!

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #16107 on: November 08, 2016, 05:48:11 PM »
Can improvised first aid kit cure infection?

I don't think they cure infection, but they have a very good chance to cure bleeding and I believe heal more than bandages do.

Offline RandomDeadGuy

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #16108 on: November 09, 2016, 11:48:40 AM »
Could someone tell me how many tiles away a gunshot can be heard by zombies or how it works.. Thx in advance

Offline Gnorse

• Survivor
  • Goddammit NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16109 on: November 09, 2016, 04:24:58 PM »
Could someone tell me how many tiles away a gunshot can be heard by zombies or how it works.. Thx in advance
depends on the gun and the actual bullet
i dont know the specifics but generally (and without gun  mods) pistols are the least noisy and shotguns are the most noisy
and to the mechanics , i am not sure , but tbh i dont think anyone actually knows , noise is kind of a retarded mechanic at this point
"No can do, little hard to "lock and load" when you can't stand and it's a little hard to stand when your feet haven't grown back fully so the end of you legs are nubs"