Author Topic: Tips, Tricks, and Newb Questions!  (Read 2011241 times)

Offline SpadeDraco

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Tips, Tricks, and Newb Questions!
« Reply #16110 on: November 09, 2016, 05:16:27 PM »
Could someone tell me how many tiles away a gunshot can be heard by zombies or how it works.. Thx in advance

The sound level that the game returns whenever you make noise is the number of tiles away that the sound carries. There are factors that influence it up and down, but for the most part sound 6 = can be heard 6 squares away.

Offline Gnorse

• Survivor
  • Goddammit NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16111 on: November 09, 2016, 05:19:49 PM »
Could someone tell me how many tiles away a gunshot can be heard by zombies or how it works.. Thx in advance

The sound level that the game returns whenever you make noise is the number of tiles away that the sound carries. There are factors that influence it up and down, but for the most part sound 6 = can be heard 6 squares away.
6 normal tiles or 6 map tiles ?
"No can do, little hard to "lock and load" when you can't stand and it's a little hard to stand when your feet haven't grown back fully so the end of you legs are nubs"

Offline latogato

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16112 on: November 09, 2016, 06:16:08 PM »
Normal tiles i presume, 3 map tiles for walking would be too much.

Offline latogato

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16113 on: November 09, 2016, 06:22:30 PM »
How can i descent into a cold lab without freezing? I have a wool cloak, 2 thermal electric outfits, balaclavas, knit hat and scarf, wool sockets and gloves, winter boots, etc. but the current cold lab has -142 Celsius on the level -8 and it is just too much. Is there any way to descent without wearing extreme amount of warm clothes?

Offline Gnorse

• Survivor
  • Goddammit NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16114 on: November 09, 2016, 07:02:40 PM »
How can i descent into a cold lab without freezing? I have a wool cloak, 2 thermal electric outfits, balaclavas, knit hat and scarf, wool sockets and gloves, winter boots, etc. but the current cold lab has -142 Celsius on the level -8 and it is just too much. Is there any way to descent without wearing extreme amount of warm clothes?
Internal Heat Control CBM or whatever its called should do the trick
"No can do, little hard to "lock and load" when you can't stand and it's a little hard to stand when your feet haven't grown back fully so the end of you legs are nubs"

Offline latogato

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16115 on: November 09, 2016, 07:28:16 PM »
Thanks, the last time i found it was soo long ago, i totally forgot this CBM. :D

Offline hobophobic

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16116 on: November 09, 2016, 07:31:33 PM »
Any other ways of dealing with radiation sickness besides iodine tablets? Pretty sure my current character is gonna die otherwise...

Offline TheFlame52

• Survivor
  • Forumite Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #16117 on: November 09, 2016, 10:26:13 PM »
Prussian blue tablets help, so does the Radiation Scrubber CBM. Other than that, just sit in your base and apply bandages to yourself.
Quote from: Jarlaxle
All hail our new Over(powered) Lord TheFlame52
Quote from: Arek_PL
THEY CAN DAMAGE FLAME! WE ARE DOOMED!
Quote from: Jakers
Oh Marloss Man, you and your unstoppable rampages throughout the world.

Offline SpadeDraco

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16118 on: November 10, 2016, 05:01:04 AM »
Any other ways of dealing with radiation sickness besides iodine tablets? Pretty sure my current character is gonna die otherwise...

I get the feeling that there's a very interesting story behind this question.

Offline BeerBeer

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16119 on: November 10, 2016, 11:23:35 AM »
Fire.

Always fire.

Beautiful fire.

Know that the character's body stores heat. So warm up to unbearable heat and advance. Then start a new fire, warm up, and advance some more. Deploy multiple braziers. Labs have a lot of wood and sheet metal (for the braziers). There might be mutations that make you more resistant to cold, IDK. All I know is there are mutations that make you LESS resistant to cold.

Personally, I've never been in that cold in any game.

Would power armor help? It has pretty solid heat stabilization but you wouldn't be able to use any other gear if it's not enough.

Fur clothing is the strongest clothing against cold. But you'll need to skin some animals with decent Survival skill to get their pelts. And then have some Tailoring skill as well to produce the apparel. Might get lucky at a clothing store as well. Your puny wool clothing and thermal gadgets are pitiful when compared to the properties of real animal fur. Fur items can provide warmth values of 60-80. Be sure to use a tailoring kit and modify the fur clothing with even more fur.
. . sanity

Offline Arek_PL

• Survivor
  • NEVER ENOUGHT VOLUME IN INVENTORY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16120 on: November 10, 2016, 08:43:00 PM »
i just wear 2 sleeping bags over my ordinary armor, its still cold but its surviveable for long enought to make diamond weapon

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #16121 on: November 10, 2016, 09:16:32 PM »
Stole a cop car from a checkpoint; took 2 shots to the arm and torso to get it,  It has a gray hood.

Found a cargo carrier, it wont let me put diesel into its green gas tanks.  Is that a bug?  it has no diesel in it; it was on abridge.

Offline hobophobic

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16122 on: November 10, 2016, 10:14:52 PM »
Where does one find more oxyacetylene?

(as far as I can tell, the only way is to just find more ace torches. is this correct?)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 10:35:02 PM by hobophobic »

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Laughing at death: the answer to impossible
    • View Profile
« Reply #16123 on: November 10, 2016, 10:34:02 PM »
everywhere you don't look.
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline Grandpuh Ty

• NPC
  • Lowly Cowherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #16124 on: November 11, 2016, 06:46:42 AM »
Stole a cop car from a checkpoint; took 2 shots to the arm and torso to get it,  It has a gray hood.

Found a cargo carrier, it wont let me put diesel into its green gas tanks.  Is that a bug?  it has no diesel in it; it was on abridge.

Unload the diesel containers next to the vehicle.