Author Topic: Tips, Tricks, and Newb Questions!  (Read 1480318 times)

Offline stk2008

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Tips, Tricks, and Newb Questions!
« Reply #16320 on: December 02, 2016, 08:58:26 AM »
Use 'I want you to use this item' to get companions to take food and drugs or equip items

What if you want to hand them some ammunition for their weapon? I recently had to debug some crossbow bolts to an NPC because she gave them to me when I asked her for equipment and when I tried to give them back she wouldn't take them because they did less damage than her crossbow., which wasn't going to be doing any damage at all because she gave me all her damn bolts.

Lol that is rather funny.

Offline DeclanFrost

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16321 on: December 02, 2016, 11:06:07 AM »
Use 'I want you to use this item' to get companions to take food and drugs or equip items

What if you want to hand them some ammunition for their weapon? I recently had to debug some crossbow bolts to an NPC because she gave them to me when I asked her for equipment and when I tried to give them back she wouldn't take them because they did less damage than her crossbow., which wasn't going to be doing any damage at all because she gave me all her damn bolts.
I've always gotten them to use ammo by telling them to 'hold on to this item'.
Ironically there are more pimps in garages than wrenches.

Offline survivornaginata

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16322 on: December 02, 2016, 03:03:43 PM »

just trade the bolts,they accept all items by trading if they have enough space and strenght to carry.

Offline Dead_End_Road

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #16323 on: December 02, 2016, 05:05:33 PM »
Can someone tell me where to find a mechanical pump?
Brains are red, Body is blue. I'm a zombie now you are too.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Closet Brute
    • View Profile
« Reply #16324 on: December 02, 2016, 05:12:12 PM »
Garages are good for those.  Ironically there are more pimps in garages than wrenches.

Also in public maintenance centers.

Offline Nodus

• Zombie Food
  • All the Kings horses, and all the Kings men.
    • View Profile
    • Feel free to add me on Steam!
« Reply #16325 on: December 02, 2016, 07:39:50 PM »
Only in the Ancient Legends it is stated, that one day an Undead shall be chosen to leave the Undead Asylum, in pilgrimage, to the land of Ancient Lords, Lordran.

Offline BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Survivor
  • What could possibly go wrong....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16326 on: December 02, 2016, 07:43:29 PM »
pimps and hose? (QWERTY strikes again!)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 07:48:09 PM by BorkBorkGoesTheCode »
Inactive.

If you have questions about my posts, send me a PM.

Offline BeerBeer

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16327 on: December 02, 2016, 09:09:46 PM »
Can someone tell me where to find a mechanical pump?
Check if it's craftable. If it's a vehicle engine spare part, then search garages.
. . sanity

Offline DeclanFrost

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16328 on: December 02, 2016, 09:15:37 PM »
Sigging that, if you don't mind.

Offline BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Survivor
  • What could possibly go wrong....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16329 on: December 02, 2016, 09:25:22 PM »
Not a good idea. I am reconsidering my post, since it could be insulting.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 09:27:36 PM by BorkBorkGoesTheCode »
Inactive.

If you have questions about my posts, send me a PM.

Offline RedPine

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #16330 on: December 03, 2016, 02:58:49 AM »
Added more rad removing.

http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=12051.msg290656#msg290656

Thanks PK, I appreciate your move. I'm admittedly new to CDDA so I would not dare say that your mod is not playable, I said it was over my skill level. My rad is most probably from rads scents of smokers zombies, as I accrued 362 rads in 3 in-game hours just by moving a bit around my safe house.

I'll update and continue... One of the problem is that rads effects are devastating and very fast and if you don't have before hands smth, you are doomed. I ate iodine tablets but it did not do anything in due time for my character.

And also smth very important to me who likes playing with NPC: NPCs don't eat iodine tablets, even when put in their inventory, they complain they are rads diseased, but that's it... IDK how you can work around this NPC limitation for now, is it possible to generate them with a trait rendering them immune to rads?

According to the flavor text, Iodine helps prevent radiation when taken BEFORE being irradiated, prussian blue helps purge radiation AFTER being irradiated.

Sounds like you're having a rough time in PK's... I think I'll join the fun on my next character.

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #16331 on: December 03, 2016, 04:19:19 AM »
How do you overwrite a martial art?

"override": true,

^That doesn't work.
May mother Venus guide us all!

...Noctifer's incredibly loot bloated Survivor Emcampments™...

Offline Nibelung44

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16332 on: December 03, 2016, 12:35:01 PM »
Can somebody tell me how to color the notes on the overland map differently from yellow? Not clear to me

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Closet Brute
    • View Profile
« Reply #16333 on: December 03, 2016, 03:28:50 PM »
How do you overwrite a martial art?

"override": true,

^That doesn't work.

Try not adding 'override' at all, just reuse the id?  Ive never tried, tbh.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Closet Brute
    • View Profile
« Reply #16334 on: December 03, 2016, 03:47:49 PM »
Added more rad removing.

http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=12051.msg290656#msg290656

Thanks PK, I appreciate your move. I'm admittedly new to CDDA so I would not dare say that your mod is not playable, I said it was over my skill level. My rad is most probably from rads scents of smokers zombies, as I accrued 362 rads in 3 in-game hours just by moving a bit around my safe house.

I'll update and continue... One of the problem is that rads effects are devastating and very fast and if you don't have before hands smth, you are doomed. I ate iodine tablets but it did not do anything in due time for my character.

And also smth very important to me who likes playing with NPC: NPCs don't eat iodine tablets, even when put in their inventory, they complain they are rads diseased, but that's it... IDK how you can work around this NPC limitation for now, is it possible to generate them with a trait rendering them immune to rads?

According to the flavor text, Iodine helps prevent radiation when taken BEFORE being irradiated, prussian blue helps purge radiation AFTER being irradiated.

Sounds like you're having a rough time in PK's... I think I'll join the fun on my next character.

Just remember, I think clay can do 25 rads

(click to show/hide)
To read that in laymans terms:  1 in 12 chance per 6 seconds of reducing radiation of PC by 1.  Every application after the first reduces health by 1 point and subtracts a cumulative -0.8 off that 1in12, up to 5 times.  So at 6 intensity, the max, you get a 1in8 chance to remove a rad.

And clay lasts for 300 ticks, or boiled clay does 300 ticks plus 30 ticks on tier 2.  Gummies are tier 2 for 480 ticks (~44 rads) and it can go up from there.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 03:49:45 PM by pisskop »