Author Topic: Tips, Tricks, and Newb Questions!  (Read 1642862 times)

Offline Bowa

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Re: Tips, Tricks, and Newb Questions!
« Reply #16725 on: February 06, 2017, 03:10:45 PM »
How do I change monster and item spawn rates? Or rather, how do I make these changes stick? Every time I make any changes, either from the main menu or in the course of the game proper they return to defaults on restart.

This is a bug and there is a issue open for this. To make the settings stick you need to load your character and map, then hit ESC on your keyboard and navigate to world settings I believe its called, in there you can set the rates you like and then play. Note that you have to do this everytime you load your world.

TL;DR press esc ingame, go to options, change settings, play.

That's one of the ways I tried to do it since the beginning.

However, I somehow managed to make the change stick - I don't quite understand how. I just changed the settings both from the menu, then ingame, then from the menu again and now it seems that it remains the way I set it.

The only difference between what I did now and what I tried before is that the new value is an even number, while before I tried to change it by a fraction.

Alright, nice you made it stick somehow. I have to manually change it every load.

Offline Gauth

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #16726 on: February 08, 2017, 12:33:11 PM »
How do I change monster and item spawn rates? Or rather, how do I make these changes stick? Every time I make any changes, either from the main menu or in the course of the game proper they return to defaults on restart.

This is a bug and there is a issue open for this. To make the settings stick you need to load your character and map, then hit ESC on your keyboard and navigate to world settings I believe its called, in there you can set the rates you like and then play. Note that you have to do this everytime you load your world.

TL;DR press esc ingame, go to options, change settings, play.

That's one of the ways I tried to do it since the beginning.

However, I somehow managed to make the change stick - I don't quite understand how. I just changed the settings both from the menu, then ingame, then from the menu again and now it seems that it remains the way I set it.

The only difference between what I did now and what I tried before is that the new value is an even number, while before I tried to change it by a fraction.

Alright, nice you made it stick somehow. I have to manually change it every load.

I've checked it once again right now, and the only thing that looks like the reason why it sticks or doesn't stick is the value I set. When I set a value with a fraction, e.g., 2,5, it automatically resets to the previous one. When I use a even number, e.g., 3, it seems to remain the way I set it.

On an unrelated note: is there a way to collect snow to melt it into water?

Offline woofinator

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16727 on: February 08, 2017, 03:06:50 PM »
- Go into 'spawn lists' json.
- Search for the id of any monster you do not want to have.
- ctrl+H
- Replace them with 'mon_zombie" or whatever mon you want to replace them
- Play.

Hey Pisskop, hate to bother ya again, but where is the 'spawn lists' json? I've looked like everywhere in the json folder, and all the other folders lol. Don't know if I should feel stupid yet, or if I shoulda started feeling that way a long time ago

Offline defraggler

• Zombie Food
  • Unicorns LA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16728 on: February 13, 2017, 03:26:55 AM »
Am I correct in that, in the game, revolvers misfire at the same rate as any other gun?

Yes I know that revolvers can misfire also, but I don't think it should be anywhere close to the rate that a automatic does.
>Lift up engine block  
>Wait  
>Rock hard  
>Beat a bunch of zombie children to death  

~indigorain

Offline Lazy_lizard

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #16729 on: February 14, 2017, 08:28:59 PM »
- Go into 'spawn lists' json.
- Search for the id of any monster you do not want to have.
- ctrl+H
- Replace them with 'mon_zombie" or whatever mon you want to replace them
- Play.

Hey Pisskop, hate to bother ya again, but where is the 'spawn lists' json? I've looked like everywhere in the json folder, and all the other folders lol. Don't know if I should feel stupid yet, or if I shoulda started feeling that way a long time ago

The file you want is data/json/monster groups.json

Offline hobophobic

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16730 on: February 15, 2017, 08:46:08 PM »
What is step two in the process for making vinegar? I have crafted unfermented vinegar, and the item description says it will ferment in about 30 hours when "sealed in a vat." Not sure what that's supposed to mean exactly, apparently plastic bottles won't work for this, so what will?

e; Thanks for the answer :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 08:03:05 PM by hobophobic »

Offline Coolthulhu

• Contributor
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16731 on: February 15, 2017, 09:07:35 PM »
What is step two in the process for making vinegar? I have crafted unfermented vinegar, and the item description says it will ferment in about 30 hours when "sealed in a vat." Not sure what that's supposed to mean exactly, apparently plastic bottles won't work for this, so what will?

It's a constructed furniture.

Offline Rot

• Survivor
  • Fresh like my groceries.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16732 on: February 17, 2017, 02:51:52 PM »
I'm trying to clear out a vault, but sitting there slashing at irradiated wanderers with a sword is really inefficient. Any ideas to speed up the process?

Is it even worth it to waste time with the vault?

First this knife, then, the World!

Offline Haerdalas

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #16733 on: February 17, 2017, 04:08:42 PM »
What is the current state of Bionics and their slot restrictions? I seem to recall from last time I played this game that the restrictions didn't actually do anything whilst you fiddled around with balance. Is that still the case, or do I have to actually be properly careful what I put in my body now?

Offline hobophobic

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16734 on: February 17, 2017, 07:42:20 PM »
What is the current state of Bionics and their slot restrictions? I seem to recall from last time I played this game that the restrictions didn't actually do anything whilst you fiddled around with balance. Is that still the case, or do I have to actually be properly careful what I put in my body now?

The limitations are displayed but, unless it's changed in the last two days, they are still completely unenforced in the latest experimental builds.

Offline Haerdalas

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #16735 on: February 17, 2017, 10:47:26 PM »
Ok, thanks for letting me know. I guess that means I shall try installing all the random semi-useless bionics I find instead of waiting to see if I get something actually good.

Offline hobophobic

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16736 on: February 18, 2017, 06:17:30 PM »
Remember that zombie scientists, technicians and shockers are great sources of CBM's. Get your survival skill as high as possible and use a knife with the best butchering level you can find, like the hunting knife or butcher's knife. This will ensure you get more functional CBM's than burnt out bionics from corpses.

You can also find CBM's (somewhat rarely) by digging around in heli crash sites, and of course labs. Just try to boost up your Computer skill before lab diving.

Offline Taberone

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16737 on: February 18, 2017, 08:52:04 PM »
Where do I get aluminum foil to make a tinfoil hat?
Something like 15:00-18:00 is good time to kill the children
This is art right here

Offline §k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16738 on: February 18, 2017, 11:30:08 PM »
I found one stack in a house.

Offline hobophobic

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16739 on: February 19, 2017, 12:28:12 AM »
It's bloody rare and can't be crafted. Should be in just about every kitchen, you'd think, but I've only ever stumbled across it a couple times. Obviously this scarcity has something to do with the Illuminati and MK Ultra.