Author Topic: Tips, Tricks, and Newb Questions!  (Read 1518778 times)

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Tips, Tricks, and Newb Questions!
« Reply #17055 on: May 18, 2017, 06:44:32 AM »
Question regarding methcola. Does it give the meth effects? Tested it out on my survivor, she got a stat boost, but not the meth effect from taking the meth itself.

So... does that mean taking the methcola is safe? Aside from being unhealthy.
Strawberry Surprise: it's a meal, drink, morale booster, painkiller, ethanol burner fuel, and coping mechanism in one gulp!

Offline Solusphere

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17056 on: May 18, 2017, 07:34:58 AM »
Methacola code:
(click to show/hide)

Meth code:
(click to show/hide)

If I'm reading this right, not only is it addictive, it's even more so than straight meth.

------------------------------------------------

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • So Noble he farts Helium
    • View Profile
« Reply #17057 on: May 18, 2017, 10:22:38 AM »
tis quite the drink.

right up there in nastiness with the twisted tornado or sewer brew

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17058 on: May 18, 2017, 10:43:45 AM »
Haha, yeah. I found out on my own a few minutes after posting my question. My survivor got hit with withdrawal and her intelligence and perception dropped down to 0. Dexterity was less harsh, but still a big enough penalty... minus 10, I recall.

Took a while to recover.
Strawberry Surprise: it's a meal, drink, morale booster, painkiller, ethanol burner fuel, and coping mechanism in one gulp!

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17059 on: May 19, 2017, 06:47:32 AM »
What's the minimum environmental protection to not be affected by smoke/gas of any kind?

Offline deoxy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17060 on: May 19, 2017, 01:58:29 PM »
Quick question: anybody have the stats on the monofilament blade?  I'm wondering how it compares to the machete, in particular, as I have both, and they both work for Silat (and Eskrima, actually).

What's the minimum environmental protection to not be affected by smoke/gas of any kind?

Has mask is 16 and does that...

Unless it has changed recently, 15 (survivor mask) is enough - might be lower.
This is the text that goes under the post, and there ^ is the post, so this is where it goes.

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17061 on: May 19, 2017, 02:41:01 PM »
Quick question: anybody have the stats on the monofilament blade?  I'm wondering how it compares to the machete, in particular, as I have both, and they both work for Silat (and Eskrima, actually).

Not counting gas and survivor masks, I mean, and any mouth protection stuff that covers the eyes as well.

As for the monofilament blade... is it that, or the monomolecular blade? If it's the latter, according to debug, it has 0 bash damage (compared to the machete which has 6), and 36 cutting damage (machete has 20), and takes 78 moves per attack.

Offline deoxy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17062 on: May 19, 2017, 03:26:25 PM »

Not counting gas and survivor masks, I mean, and any mouth protection stuff that covers the eyes as well.

As for the monofilament blade... is it that, or the monomolecular blade? If it's the latter, according to debug, it has 0 bash damage (compared to the machete which has 6), and 36 cutting damage (machete has 20), and takes 78 moves per attack.

Yes, monomolecular... duh, sorry.  And wow, that's NICE - more damage AND faster!  Sweet!

As to the gas mask, I was just listing the numbers that I know are sufficient - gas mask is enough, and has 16, survivor mask is enough and has 15, so clearly, 15 is sufficient, but it might be more than enough, I don't know.

Air Filtration CBM is NOT sufficient, which is a bit annoying, actually.

Edit: I hadn't thought to check the debug, and apparently, you could even debug yourself a free-standing one (it's a shame they don't exist)... and yes, those are the stats... PLUS it's +3 to hit, which is the highest weapon I've ever found (tied with the baseball bat and a very few others).  It's REALLY good!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:47:59 PM by deoxy »
This is the text that goes under the post, and there ^ is the post, so this is where it goes.

Offline Lesseps

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17063 on: May 19, 2017, 08:41:56 PM »
So what is the plutonium cell consumption of minireactor really? Wiki says no fuel is required but that is probably outdated, right?

Offline leebash

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #17064 on: May 21, 2017, 08:43:56 AM »
So I built a well.
Do I need a pump to get the water? Can't I use a rope or something?

Offline §k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17065 on: May 21, 2017, 09:21:40 AM »
A pump is a component in constructing a well. When the well is built, there is a water pump.

Offline CaioLugia

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #17066 on: May 21, 2017, 11:39:02 AM »
Strategy on attacking a public works infested w/ shockers? Can craft 5 to 7 grenades, more if I scavenge more stuff but I don't want to waste my precious hoard of heating elements, empty cans and nails on taking a bunch of shockers.

Few spoilers, pls.

Offline Alec White

• Zombie Food
  • I'm shy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17067 on: May 21, 2017, 12:35:39 PM »
Strategy on attacking a public works infested w/ shockers? Can craft 5 to 7 grenades, more if I scavenge more stuff but I don't want to waste my precious hoard of heating elements, empty cans and nails on taking a bunch of shockers.

Few spoilers, pls.

Climb fence, shoot/throw nades, escape climbing fence, and repeat until the zeds die.

Offline CaioLugia

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #17068 on: May 21, 2017, 01:12:12 PM »
Climb fence, shoot/throw nades, escape climbing fence, and repeat until the zeds die.

Any cheaper alternatives to grenades and/or molotovs?

Offline Alec White

• Zombie Food
  • I'm shy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17069 on: May 21, 2017, 01:28:17 PM »
Any cheaper alternatives to grenades and/or molotovs?

Slingshot with pebbles. Unless they are brutes or higher, then it will take a long time.